"Get me there!"

Back to You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Okay, it became a two-shot, sorryyyyyyyyyy >.<

Here you go ^.^

*********************************************************************************

16.7.2015, Wu Estate

“I don’t care what you have to do to get me there!!” an angry Wu Yifan yelled in his phone, most probably causing the other party aching eardrums.

Not that the young actor cared, since it was his manager talking on the other side of the phone. A manager who seemed to be dead set to drive him mad as fast as possible.

Why the hell was that old man so stubborn?!

“Look, Yifan, the event is merely a week away, how do you expect me to get you on the guest list on such short notice?” the man complained, his voice strained.

Which event, you might ask?

Well, the event to mark Huang Zitao’s solo album-release.

A few days ago, the tabloids had written about the upcoming solo-debut of still-EXO-member Tao. The solo-debut and the event that was going to be held in order to celebrate that important milestone in the younger’s career. According to Tao’s agency responsible for the boy’s solo-debut, it was going to be quite the big event, with singers and actors alike. With celebrities left and right, with a small buffet and a live-stage for Tao to introduce his solo-album exclusively to his guests.  

Ever since Yifan had read about that particular event, his mind had been occupied with it. With thoughts about the younger, about their friendship, about his time with EXO… about everything he had left behind with the lawsuit against SM Entertainment. His heart ached with longing, with the desire to ask for forgiveness… to ask for the younger to understand him… to talk to him once again.

But despite his desire to reach out for the other, to stand right in front of him at least one more time, he hadn’t been able to talk himself into giving in into his wishes.

Well, until this morning, that is. This morning, when he had told his mother about the whole thing, about what he wanted, about what he feared… It hadn’t taken her long to convince her son to attend that particular event. Well, to try to, at least. Because right now, the actual possibility of him attending the solo-release, was near zero. And not only because his manager was being difficult about helping him, no, also because he didn’t have an invitation and furthermore, because he didn’t want the media to know about it.

Quite an amount of obstacles to overcome.

But he was Wu Yifan. He was Kris.

Overcoming obstacles was in the ing life-description.

 

“Look, I have no idea. But you are my manager, and I demand that you get me an invitation to that event!” Kris hissed through gritted teeth, hands clasping his phone in suppressed anger.

“You really are something, Yifan” the older sighed in defeat, drawing a victorious smile on the actor’s lips.

“But I’m curious still” his manager continued, instantly dampen the Chinese’s smile.

“Why do you want to go?” well, the question was justified, Yifan had to admit. Not only because his manager didn’t know anything about the real circumstances under which he had left EXO and the feelings which still lingered deep inside of him, but also because Yifan hadn’t shown any interest in his former bandmates until now.

“Because I have to see him” the actor answered. It wasn’t the whole truth, of course, since explaining everything, would have taken Yifan eternity and beyond. But it was close enough.

He did have to see the younger. Not just to try to redeem himself, but for the sole sake of seeing the boy. Actually seeing him, maybe even touch him, having him in front of him for real and not through a tiny screen on his laptop.

Because…

Because…

Tiredly, Yifan let out a sigh.

Yes, the reason were feelings. Feelings he still harbored for the younger. And, for the love of God, they weren’t feelings one should have for a friend, or a bandmate, for that matter.

They were feelings one had for a lover. Feelings one had for the person one wanted to spend a lifetime and even more with.

Feelings… they were feelings of love.

 

Because yes. He, Wu Yifan, loved Huang Zitao. Had loved him since the very first time they had been standing on stage together, when they had laced their fingers together to bow to their audience at the end of their concert.

He had been in love… so, so much in love with the younger boy… had been in love for all those years.

 

“You have to see him…” the incredulous voice of his manager pulled Yifan out of his reverie.

“Yeah” he answered, not willingly to say anything else.

“Why? I mean… you have nothing to do with him anymore” and these were exactly the words, that made Yifan furious once again.

“He was my bandmate!” the actor seethed, trying hard to control his anger towards his non-understanding manager.

“You said it, he was” came the confused reply, obviously not catching on.

“In EXO… we weren’t just bandmates” the younger continued “we were friends! Brothers even! I don’t know about you, but I can’t just forget a brother” … or the one he loved, but really, his manager didn’t need to know about that.

There was silence on the other end, as the older let the words sink in.

 

Brothers.

 

Brothers.

 

“Alright” the man broke the silence after a few seconds, “I will try to get you there.”

“Not try!” the younger almost barked “do everything! Steal, bribe… heck, kill, if you have to!” Yifan exclaimed.

“Now, isn’t that a bit too drastic?” the calm voice of Mrs Wu cut in from the side, looking at her son with a raised eyebrow. Disapproval clearly written on her face.

Oh… well…

“Okay, not kill” Yifan reeled back “but other than that: anything!”

He got another defeated ‘Okay’ from his manager before he hung up, throwing the phone next to him on the couch.

 

 

“You really want to see him, hm?” his mother smiled knowingly from across the living room, where she was sitting in her favorite chair and flipping through today’s newspaper. She knew about her son’s affection, about his romantic feelings for the younger boy. She had been the first one, Yifan had told. The first and only one. After all, the two of them had a rather intimate and trust-filled mother-son-relationship. They told each other everything.

“Yeah” Yifan replied, sinking deeper in the cushions of the couch.

“I’m sure Mr. Wang will find a way” she tried to sooth her son’s troubled mind.

“He better” the actor replied through gritted teeth. It wasn’t his usual behavior – all the yelling and anger, the impatience and demanding words. He wasn’t really such a spoiled brat. But he couldn’t help himself, not when it came to Tao and his chance – maybe his only one – to see the boy again.

“He will” she walked over to her son, caressing his momentarily blonde hair.

“Mh…” he sighed, leaning into his mother’s calming touch.

They kept silent for a moment, the actor savoring his mother’s presence and Mrs Wu striking the man she had the luck of calling her son, lovingly.

 

“That’s not the only thing, is it?” she decided to break the silence, still letting her fingers slide through the blonde locks.

“Hm?” he replied sleepily. His mother’s touch always had that effect on him. Soothing… calming… to the point that he was

Please log in to read the full chapter