Jeonghan POV

Morning Star

Jeonghan POV

 

I thought I would be able to sleep until noon but no, my cellphone rang repeatedly until I woke up. I rushed into a shower and got dressed with whatever I found. I tied my hair up, got in my car and drove as fast as I could go. This was urgent and someone was killed again last night.


When I was there, many officers were already collecting evident and questioned a few witnesses. I breathed out and grabbed my notebook with me. Seungcheol was the first to see me. He told me briefly of what I would see and it was not going to be pleasant. He was worried that it would affect my emotion but it was not. I was used to this and I prepared to meet the scene.


"Jeonghan is here" The officers and forensic moved out the way and I stood still. I was a bit shocked to see the blood splashing on the wall and floor. It was like this killer meant this to terrify people and it worked even more on me. I breathed in and out while Seungcheol supported my back.

"You ok?"

"I saw her last night" It came out like a whisper, this was the drunk woman I saw. I should have help her and this would not happen. 

"The estimate time of murder was between 3 to 4am" I walked closer and knelt down to check on body. She laid lifeless and broken, her skin was pale and started to turn a little purple and green. Her blue eyes were open blankly to the sky above. She must be scared to death. I instantly opened the page where I sketched this morning and I stood up abruptly. I walked out for a fresh air as I felt bad and useless. 

"Jeonghan it's none of your fault"

"I saw her Seungcheol I...saw her" His strong hand my back gently calming me down. 

"We will catch the murderer ok? But right now we need your help" He looked at the notebook in my hand and I nodded. I stood there sketching what I remembered and felt. It was not long before a man walked across the street directly at us. Joshua was there...since when? 

Seungcheol pushed me behind and faced the stranger who walked toward me. He was not a stranger only if he knew Joshua was a top suspect.

"Please move away sir, this is crime scene and only officers allow" 

"I just passed by...oh hi Jeonghan, it's nice to see you again" He was like this wasn't he? Even in front of the angry Seungcheol, this man did not budge. I looked at him curiously. Joshua must have been there for a while already.

"Good morning" I greeted back.

"You know him??" Seungcheol turned to me surprised and I nodded confirming. 

"He is a suspect, I questioned him a little last night"

"And he is here??" It was not wrong. This was public place and people could walk by even though I thought this man purposely came here.

"He is just a suspect not the criminal Seungcheol. We can't arrest him just because he is here" 

"I don't mind talking to you guys, I saw the scene last night" He knew exactly what to offer and I was interested.

"We can go to police station to talk" 

"Then no" His smiling eyes still looked at me like he wanted to talk to me alone.

"How about a coffee?" I thought it was best to negotiate with Joshua than used force. He looked like a man who would do what he wanted and to whom he pleased.
Seungcheol did not let go off my hand, he did not want me to go with this suspicious guy but my guts told me this man had information I needed. I had to reason with my boyfriend stubbornness sometimes which I mostly won.

"If you are not coming then I am going with him" 

"Jeonghan ah, don't be like this"

"I am like this and we need to catch the criminal so any info is useful!" 

"Coups, you need to see this" Seokmin walked up with a file and he let go off my hand to check on it.

"Coffee?" He asked again with smile confirming what I offered earlier.

"Sure" 

"Your boss won't be mad?" 

"He isn't my boss" Seungcheol was the chief inspector and I was special agent so I really did not consider him as my boss besides he was also my boyfriend.

"...." Joshua went quiet, maybe he wanted an explanation which I did not give. Instead I started walking to the regular coffee shop nearby.

"Let's go to that coffee shop" 

 

He walked next to me to coffee shop. We were at the same height and he tried to start conversation so it would not be any more awkward than it was now. We reached the place and I walked to my usual seats and sat down.

“Good morning Jeonghan, where is Seungcheol?” The waitress knew me well and she knew my boyfriend too so coming with another handsome stranger was what she did not expect.

“He is working” I replied but she still wanted to know. Gossip was girls’ stuff I guessed.

“And who is this gentleman here?”

“I am Jeonghan’s friend” He said with smile and it seemed to hypnotize the waitress totally. 

“You are so…charming” She said softly and I had to look up. Her eyes were on him and they were darker, full of need and want so I called out her name and she snapped back to reality. 

“Thank you” Joshua grinned and looked away, he was playing tricks on her or something. Why people were attracted to this man so much?

"Hot Americano for Jeonghan and you sir?”

“Same as him, please bring some muffins too” I continued with my drawing. I had to get the sketch done today, hopefully.

“Ok what information you have for me Joshua shi”

“Don’t be so formal, just Joshua is good”

“Ok Joshua”

“Let’s play games” I did not like the word games, it sounded dangerous and always came with an exchange.

“I’m not here to play games” I looked back at him. 

“You can ask me questions and I will answer…but when I ask you, you have to answer me too. Easy as that alright?” It did not sound bad, just answered question.

“Fine”

“What did you see last night?” I opened my notebook then noted down.

“I saw a man with that woman”

“How does he look like? You remember?” 

“Yes I remember” 

“What is your last name Jeonghan” He asked.

“Why do you want to know?”

“You know my last name”

“That doesn’t make you have the right to know mine” I replied my thought. That was a bit harsh and I would not get him to talk to me so I should be nice then.

“Alright” I heard him sighed.

“Yoon…Yoon Jeonghan” 

“The man wore black suits, shirt, jacket, pants even shoes” Finally...the info I needed. My hand moved fast as my thought processed.

“When is your birthday?”

“1004” I said the number just to be short.

“Angel?”

“Uh huh that’s the nickname my colleagues gave me” They liked calling me angel, maybe because I never got mad and very patient. I took time and corrected my sketch last night from the information Joshua gave.

“Nice” He handed me a chocolate muffin which I gladly accept it. I did not have my breakfast yet so warm muffin was really good right now.

“Thanks for the muffin” 

“He had short black hair and black eyes, taller than me…also well built” I closed my eyes while chewing the muffin in my hand. Breakfast was good and sweetness of chocolate was really nice. I my lips slowly enjoying the tasty treat. My eyes snapped open when I heard him calling me.

“Jeonghan”

“Yea?” I felt a gentle wipe on corner of my lips and his eyes were focusing on them. 

“You have chocolate on your lips” I lifted my hand touching my lips surprised and stunned by his gentle action.

“Does he look like this?” I asked getting him out of topic and tried to hide my blushing face at the same time. He looked shocked to see my sketch, it was normal reaction I received from people. They looked too real.

“How did you?” I flipped another page and showed him another sketch. 

“Don’t ask, I’m just a sketcher” He examined the sketch and confirmed. I closed the book as quick as he saw and pulled it close to my body. This book was very important to me, lots of my memories and dreams were drawn.

“So you are not detective?” 

“No I am just a part of the team” I was a special agent and I only helped when there was important case. I helped them sketch and observed crime scene. Most of the time I could point out who was the killer and no Joshua was not the killer. He was something else entirely…something I did not know.

“Does this help me out from suspect list yet?” I really did not have an answer about that. He asked like he did not care much like he knew, he would get away with anything throwing at him.

“I have no idea really, that was Seungcheol stuff not mine” I spent a full hour with Joshua and I knew that my boyfriend should follow soon. He would be upset but at least I had a completed sketch of suspect for his team.

“We have to go back to the office now” He came in and stood next to the table, his dark brown eyes glared at Joshua. I knew my boyfriend and I knew he was a reasonable man except when it came to another man talking to me. He would turn to a possessive boyfriend all of sudden...maybe he was only happy with things he could control. 

“About time! I'm taking my leave” Joshua said loud enough for us to hear. He acted as it was normal, he even stood up and stared right at Seungcheol face with a smirk. 

"It was nice talking to you cutie, let's meet some other time" He did not stop only that but added a little teasing wink at me before he left. I could see that this stranger openly challenged my boyfriend. Joshua seemed to enjoy provoking Seungcheol like he knew it would get on the man nerves. I quickly reached for his arm and pulled him down sitting next to me. He looked at me still mad but I smiled softly instead. Yes he could not stand my smile so I did it on purpose. I saw Joshua looked back and had that grin on his face before walked out from the café. 

"I got the sketch done" I turned my fully attention on Seungcheol who frowned slightly. "Seungcheol ah~~"

"I don't like that guy, I don't like the way he looked at you"

"The way he looked at me?" I thought it was normal, how he talked to me and he did not flirt or anything right? I was slow when it came to this kind of thing so I did not notice how Joshua looked at me neither. 

"Yes" 

"He just talked to me" I put my hand on his strong arm apologized. Seungcheol was rarely this upset with anyone I talked to, this time he seemed extra upset.

"I really can’t take my eyes off you”

“You don’t trust me anymore?” 

“I do trust you” He touched my cheek gently with tired smile. He looked exhausted from all the work he had. Sometimes I wished he could work less and spent a bit more time with me. "But not him" He added flatly before I got him concentrated on my book instead of worrying about Joshua.

“You saw this too?” I nodded and explained to him about my vision yesterday evening. He was one of a few people who knew about this. There were my parents, Seokmin, Seungcheol and Jihoon who worked in the lab.

“This is the suspect then, this man” 

“Yes”

“I will have them run the photo in the system to see if we have a match” He pulled me closer while rubbing my arm…that was how he showed his love to me in public. Seungcheol knew I was effected by last night case and he did not want me to worry more than I already did. 

“Thank you”

“No Thank you” He leaned down kissing my hair softly and I smiled in return. It felt great being next to him, he gave me support and love I needed. Seungcheol was an understanding man, he knew me well enough to see when I was happy or sad.

 

I could say that we did not have a good start. Seungcheol did not even like me at the first place and I was a bit scared of him. It was because he had this serious face most of the time while he was at work and he was one bossy man. I used to be quieter around him but things changed after a few years…yes 3 years to be exact with lots of Seokmin and Jihoon helps, I got to know more about him. He did save me numerous times that I lost counts, I loved him for that and for himself too. He was actually my first boyfriend, my first love, my first kiss…pretty much the first of everything. It had been a great year for us.

“What are you thinking about? Smiling like that” His deep voice asked. I lifted my hand touching his jawline with small smile.

“You”

“You are thinking about me?” I nodded confirming. He seemed amused to hear that…well it was not often I shared my thoughts to anyone. “It’s my lucky day then”

“You are always on my mind” I decided to stay with him making up for this morning then we could go back to the office as it was going to be another long day. Seungcheol looked more relax after he heard my compliments and had his meal which was good to see. At least I could make him happy one way or another, it was nice to know.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***********************************************************************************************************

This chapter is still Jeonghan POV. It was all about Jeonghan thoughts of Seungcheol and Joshua

Sorry it goes quite slowly as this is going to be a long fic ^^

Next chapter will be within this week as I'm in a good mood lol 

Thank you for reading, upvotes, subscribes, comments.

Always happy to read comments from lovely readers!