ily

you know why

 

 

Silly.

You cannot recall how many times you have been called such thing and many other names varying from rude to downright degrading. How many times you have been hated on, pitied, ridiculed and taken to the psychologist because honey, it is just a phase and we are going to get you help for it. Help that you never wanted, never needed because what was it for? You were not sick. Also, it certainly was not something you were temporarily going through and would be done with in just a blink of an eye. Even a thousand trips to the psychologist would not change the fact that-

you like men.

You remember that day. That fateful day when you decided you wanted nothing but to live an honest life. It was when having dinner with your family that you came out of the closet. You never expected them to accept it easily so it really was not much of a surprise when your father left his seat without a word, your sister looked at you with much disappointment, and your mother began clearing the table as if nothing happened. The looks on their faces would forever be imprinted in your mind. By the time you realised that they would pretend as if you never came out, you stopped caring.

It was out of your will. You did not want to, but you had to. It's fine, you soon convinced yourself, because while the people you thought would be there to support you have temporarily - if not completely - left you, you have someone you could depend on. Someone you know who would never abandon you and someone who would do absolutely anything and everything just to keep that precious smile on your face.

You have him.

"They would come around albeit eventually." You hear him say as he runs his fingers through your soft locks. It has not been long since you finally let your inhibitions go. He cradled you in his arms as you poured your heart and soul out to him. He understands for he, too, has gone through the same thing. The only difference is that his family has finally learned to accept who is he is and what makes him happy. "It takes time, but be patient. They love you."

"But what if they don't anymore? What if they-"

He silences you with a finger pressed against your lips. "Then that's fine." You look at him in surprise, silently wanting an answer. "You know why?"

But right then and there you realise, there are no answers needed because as you look right into his eyes and see nothing but pure, unadulterated love, it all clicks in your head.

He loves me.

And that fact alone is more than enough for you to go on.