Blind

Blind (Based on TRAX's Blind MV and Song) - Oneshot

Kyuhyun’s POV

It was supposed to be a perfect day. I met with perfect woman. I had the perfect date. I had the perfect ring. I was supposed to give her the perfect proposal, but… The earth stopped spinning. The earth turned black. I stopped breathing. My heart stopped beating. I… Died…

My eyes fluttered open. I was in my room, but something was different. My room was a mess. Everything was thrown onto the floor. There was glass scattered everywhere. The lamp on my nightstand was thrown into the mirror. My books on my desk were now scattered on the floor.

Was I drunk last night? Did I make this mess? I tried to remember what I did the night before, but I couldn’t remember anything. The more I tried to remember the more the pain in my head grew.

Assuming I had a hangover I decided to clean the mess as I waited for the hangover to disappear. I carefully made my way to the closet to grab the broom and dustpan. I began to sweep my mess and clean the apartment.

I had finished cleaning everything in the house except my desk. The stacked the books that were on the floor on my desk. I looked at my desk and noticed a picture frame. I grabbed the frame. The picture inside was of me and a girl that looked familiar but I couldn’t remember her. My hand automatically moved on its own, touching her picture.

I jumped as the door opened. Did I not lock the door last night? I put the frame down and went to see who came in. I was stunned. It was her, the girl from the picture. I felt an attraction to her. Who is she?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria’s POV

It was supposed to be a perfect day. I wore the perfect dress. I had the perfect smile. I met with perfect man. I had the perfect date, but… The earth stopped spinning. The earth turned black. I… Turned… Blind.

It had been only been six months after the accident, yet I could remember it like it was yesterday. Kyuhyun had taken me on a date to the beach. We were driving to dinner when a drunk driver ran the stop light and hit out car. The car flipped over a few times before landing upside down. The last thing I saw was Kyuhyun covering me with his body. The last thing I heard was, “I love you and I’m sorry.”

I woke up a week after that accident. I grew hysterical when I found out that I Kyuhyun had died. It was more painful than being told I could never see again. What was the point of being able to see if I couldn’t see Kyuhyun anyway?

I had already gotten used to being blind, but I could never get use to Kyuhyun not being there. This was my third attempt to go into Kyuhyun’s apartment. The first time I couldn’t step a foot inside the place. The second time I managed to go inside, but I got mad at Kyuhyun and tore the place apart. Today I was hoping to clean the place and making it nice and normal again, just like when Kyuhyun was alive.

I used my white cane to make my way into the apartment. I turned to close the door, but it closed on its own. Assuming it was the wind I went inside the apartment. I used the cane to feel for the mess I made on the floor but there was none. Strange, I know I had thrown things on the ground. Maybe Kyuhyun’s family came and cleaned it.

I headed towards Kyuhyun’s bed. I sat down and dropped the cane. I felt around for Kyuhyun’s nightstand. I found it as well as my jewelry box that Kyuhyun stole from me, saying that it reminded him of me. I opened the box pulling out my necklace that was inside. I put that around my neck before closing the box.

I leaned back and laid on Kyuhyun’s bed. His pillow, his blanket, his bed still smelled like him. I closed my eyes, drowning myself into his scent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun’s POV

I don’t know why this girl came into my apartment, but I was drawn to her. She seemed familiar, yet foreign. Why did I have a picture of her?

The girl sat on my bed and touched my jewelry box that I treasured so much. I was about to stop her but she opened the box before I could. Memories began to flashback into my mind. Victoria. The day I first met her. The day I asked her out. The day I was supposed to propose to her…. The day I died.

The drunk driver crashed into the car on Victoria’s side. I held her before the impact. The car flipped over several times. On that last flip. She grunted, hitting her head on the dashboard then her head whiplashed to the seat. My body hit the steering wheel. I heard a bones cracking. I also felt my head crack open. I turned to look at Victoria. I her cheek. “I love you. I’m sorry.” I then took my last breath.

I stepped back, stumbling onto my bed. I died. I couldn’t have. I had so much ahead of me. I…

Victoria leaned back and laid next to me. My arm was under her neck and her face was facing my chest. She inhaled, cuddling into me. I unconsciously put my arm around her.

Baby, I’m dead. I won’t be able to hold you anymore. I don’t even know if you can feel me right now. I’m sorry. I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

Victoria opened her eyes. She saw Kyuhyun staring at her. This can’t be possible. Kyuhyun’s dead, and I’m blind. She reached out and touched his cold cheek.

“I thought you were dead.” Victoria whispered.
“I am. I thought you were blind.” Kyuhyun ran his hand threw her hair.
“I am. But how can I see you? How can I feel you?” Victoria asked. “Am I dreaming?”

Kyuhyun kissed her forehead. He took her hand which had the wedding ring he was going to propose to her with. He laced his fingers with hers.

“If you are than make this dream count. I don’t know when I’ll be able see you again.” Kyuhyun whispered.

Kyuhyun rolled on top of Victoria. He began to kiss her with all his love. Victoria reached up, wrapping her arms around her lover. She pulled him closer, so there was no space between them. Together they danced the sacred lover’s dance for hours, until they fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria’s POV

“Victoria! Victoria!” Someone called my name.

I opened my eyes, again I saw nothing but the darkness. Where was Kyuhyun? Was it all a dream? It couldn’t have. It felt real. Kyuhyun felt real. I touched my lips. His kiss was still lingering on my lips.

“Victoria, it’s Nichkhun. Are you okay? I was looking all over for you.” Nichkhun put his hand on my knees. “Don’t leave the house without telling someone where you’re going. Do you know how scared I was?”
“Sorry.” I replied. “I just needed to see him. Give me a moment. I’ll be outside.”
“I’ll be waiting outside.” Nichkhun replied handing me my white cane.

I heard footsteps leading out the door, then the door closing. I stood up and made my way towards the window. I touched the cool glass.

“Kyuhyun are you there?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun’s POV

I awoke hearing someone pounding on the door, yelling Victoria’s name. I clothed her and myself before going to open the door. When I opened the door Nichkhun, one of my friends from school ran past me to Victoria. Nichkhun shook her awake. They began to talk as if I wasn’t there in the room. I’m guessing I’m invisible now, a ghost perhaps.

Soon Nichkhun left, leaving Victoria and myself alone in the apartment. Victoria walked to the window, placing her hand on the glass.

“Kyuhyun are you there?” She called me.
“I’m here.” I replied, but she couldn’t hear me.

She silently let out a few tears. I hugged her from behind. Together we stared out the window, which should have shown the sunset, but it was dark to us. Eventually she turned around to face me. I smiled, hoping that she could see me.

“I love you Victoria.” I told her, kissing her lips once more.

Instead of responding Victoria blankly stared ahead, staring right pass me. She began to walk, so I moved out of her way. She went towards the exit where she stopped and glanced back at my apartment.

“Kyuhyun… I won’t forget this dream… your present… your love.” Victoria said before leaving my apartment.

I watched as Nichkhun guided my love away from me. I know that he loves Victoria, just as much as I do. I knew about his feelings for her, yet he let me date her and approved of me marrying her because he knew she had feelings for me. I know that when I’m gone he’ll always be there for her.

I walked back into my apartment. I grabbed the picture frame with me and her in it. I sat on the couch looking at the picture. Eventually our bodies disappeared staring from hers to mine. I dropped the frame to the ground. I stared blankly ahead of me.

I’m dead.

I felt my body slowly disappearing from this world, staring from my feet. But I don’t care. I can’t take care of her anymore. I can’t love her the way I want to. My vision began to deteriorate and the world became dark. My body completely disappeared.

I’m dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria’s POV

I quickly turned around and ran back to Kyuhyun’s apartment. Something felt wrong. I didn’t listen to Nichkhun as he yelled at me to stop. On the way to the apartment I dropped my cane, but I didn’t care. I needed to go to his room.

I somehow managed to find his room. I ran inside knocking over everything in my way. I looked towards what should have been the couch. For a moment I was able to see again. I saw Kyuhyun’s body disappear completely.

“No!” I screamed. “You can’t disappear from me again. You can’t!” Felt tears run down my cheeks and I began to cry. “Don’t leave me blind!”