Room for More

If We Had Tomorrow

 

68 Hours

 

 

"You know each other?" Hansol gawked as Seungcheol tried to untie the brunette's wrist, "How?" 

 

"There's no time to explain. Those men could be back any minute." Jeonghan nervously shook as the rope around his wrist fell to the ground.

 

His warning was proved useless when unnecessarily loud footsteps invaded the trio's ears, "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The men approached with menacing smirks. 

 

 

<><><><><>

10 minutes before

 

 

"We're here!" Wonwoo singsonged as he got out the passenger seat. The group had stopped at a small department store.

 

Hansol looked at a piece of paper with words scribbled on it, "We should split up into two groups to cover the list faster." 

 

Wonwoo clung to Mingyu like a magnet, "We'll get the charcoal and matches together." The couple walked into the store, leaving Seungcheol and Hansol outside.

 

The store was a total mess. Shelves knocked over, cash registers left open, shopping carts oddly placed in aisles, and it was almost completely empty. The two were speechless as they slowly walked through the chaotic store.

 

"This place got wrecked," Wonwoo whispered through the eerie silence.

 

Mingyu sensed his lover's fear and folded their hands together, "Let's just find what we came for and go." Unfortunately, it was hard to find anything in the small department store since everything was either misplaced or gone. 

 

"This is a waste of time. Maybe grandma still had some stuff left in the beach house," Wonwoo sighed.

 

The couple began to leave towards the exit when someone stopped them, "Hey! You guys looking for stuff?" They turned to see a boy with platinum colored hair, "If you are there is still some stuff in the store's storage room. People tend to not look in the back." He smiled shyly and motioned them to come closer.

 

"Really?" Mingyu hesitated. The other reassuringly nodded.

 

"C'mon"

 

They followed him until they reached the door that led to the backroom. "Jun!" The platinum haired boy called, "We have company." 

 

The backroom was way more organized. Few things were placed on various racks, but what centered the room was a loveseat topped with multiple blankets. They were tossed around like someone had just slept there, which was easy to assume.

 

Another lad appeared, his caramel hair was swept across his forehead, "Hey, I'm Junhui. Whatcha lookin' for?" He put his arm around the other boys shoulder.

 

"We're looking for charcoal or pretty much anything to start a fire." Wonwoo shrugged

 

"To start a fire?"

 

"A fire on a grill! Not an actual fire." Mingyu corrected.

 

"Ah, okay. I'll see what's here." He disappeared behind a shelf and started shuffling items around.

 

"So..." Wonwoo pondered , "What are you guys doing back here?"

 

The platinum haired boy scatched his head, "Well, with everything going down hill, we were trying to get to Jun's uncle's house, but someone stole our car. Walking there would be useless since it'd take forever. So, we're staying here until the "Big Bang" comes. Oh and I'm Minghao."

 

Wonwoo smiled through his feelings of pity for the two, "I'm Wonwoo and this is Mingyu. Where are you from?"

 

"China." Minghao laughed nervously, "If you can tell, my accent is still there. I don't think it'll ever go away. Jun is Chinese too, but he's better at Korean." 

 

Junhui popped up far from the spot he disappeared from before and stood by Minghao's side, "I think everything that is used to cause destruction was taken before we got here. Sorry." 

 

"That's alright. We can just stop somewhere else, I guess." Wonwoo frowned, "But what about you? You can't just stay in here alone." He looked at Minghao.

 

"I'm not alone. I have Jun." 

 

Wonwoo saddened, "That's not what I meant. Junhui, which direction does your uncle live in?" 

 

Junhui raised his eyebrow in a questioning manner, "South. Why?"

 

The deep voiced male filled with glee, "Perfect! Pack your things, you're coming with us."

 

"Wh-what?" 

 

"We're heading in the same direction, so we can just drop you off at your uncle's house on our way."

 

"How do I know we can trust you?" Junhui took a step forward.

 

Mingyu copied the latter's movement, "It doesn't look like you have much of a choice besides being stuck here waiting to die."

 

Wonwoo slapped Mingyu's arm, "What we're saying is that it'd be better for you to be with your family, right? Just a friendly favor. Plus, we always got room for more in our truck."

 

Junhui looked at Minghao, who looked aboely delighted, "Alright, give us a minute."

 

Within seconds the two gathered what they had, which was only some clothes and blankets in a backpack. They all headed out the backroom and for the exit when someone rushed towards them.

 

"Wonwoo! Mingyu! There are these guys a-and they h-have..." The person stumbled on his words trying to catch his breath. His arms covered in small cuts.

 

Wonwoo jumped at the sight of his panicking friend, "Hansol? Woah, catch your breath and calm down. What happened and where is Seungcheol?"

 

"I barely managed to escape. Seungcheol told me to run." Hansol's gasped in realization, "You have to-"

 

"There you are, you little brat!" Far behind Hansol stood the scrawny bearded criminal, "Nobody move or else!" He held a pistol high and pointed it at each person.

 

The group cowered at the sight of the weapon. Mingyu stepped infront of Wonwoo protectively while Junhui and Minghao exchanged an odd look as if telling each other something. Hansol stayed frozen at his spot with his eyes wide.

 

Junhui spoke up first, "Put the gun down. We don't want to cause any trouble."

 

The bearded man laughed, "Too late for that now, ain't it?"

 

"Look at you, threatening people half your age. What gives you the right?" Junhui questioned, though it wasn't going to get an answer.

 

The man cocked his gun, "Shut up!" Wonwoo shook and could feel Mingyu's heartbeat through his arm. None noticed the missing presence of a certain person

 

Junhui scoffed, "Why should I shut up for someone has despicable as you? You look like you haven't showered or eaten in weeks, you could pass as an escaped convict. Which judging by how you're holding us at gunpoint right now, you probably are one. Or maybe you are just a depressed deadbeat who had nothing else to do with the rest of his worthless life."

 

"That's it." The scrawny man pointed the pistol straight for Jun making everybody brace for impact, though he looked oddly confident. Without hesitation, he pulled the trigger.

 

-Click-

 

Everyone's eyes widened. "What the ?!" The man groaned, slapping his gun.

 

"Looking for this?' Minghao appeared out of nowhere dangaling the pistol's magazine from his fingers

 

"What? How-" The criminal wasn't able to complete his sentence before being puched in the face and knocked out.

 

"Ha, good job breaking his nose." Junhui high-fived Minghao.

 

The platinum haired boy flashed a smile, "It wouldn't have been possible without you distracting him. You have a wonderful way with words."

 

Wonwoo, Mingyu, and Hansol stared in awe at the other two.

 

"Are you ninjas?" Wonwoo marveled causing them to laugh.

 

"No, we're just martial arts champions." Minghao hugged Junhui like a bear, "I mean we could be ninjas."

 

 "Seungcheol!" Hansol stapped out his trance and darted to the front door, "C'mon we gotta see if he's okay."

 

 

 

 

 


 

WOOO JUNHAO  <3 <3 <3

Why is the bullet container of a pistol called a magazine? I was so confused when I found that out.

Anyways, the second chapter is here! I'm sorry if it's terrible. I kinda got writers block and just did my best to work through it.

So I hope you all like it! 

Comments make me happy~