Road Trip

If We Had Tomorrow

 

70 Hours

 

 

Seungcheol's legs burned after running without thoughts. When he stapped back to reality, he had no clue where he was. He was surrounded by a intersection of a barren street. 

 

He rubbed his eyes, mixing sweat and tears together. More people were in this area, but mostly just teenagers raiding a liquor store. The blonde flinched when he heard a gunshot coming from the direction of the group of teens. They all ran out and scattered like ants, passing right by Seungcheol. A few got shot down and cried onto the pavement.

 

A horrific sight.

 

"Run, man!" One of the teens yelled. The boy's finger pointed at an obviously drunk middle aged armed with a shotgun. Seungcheol wasn't sure of running with the young boy until the end of the gun was aiming straight his way.

 

"!" Seungcheol ran behind him hoping he had a good escape plan. 

 

His question was quickly answered when a large pick up truck halted right in front of them. The young boy hopped in the back and reached his hand out, "C'mon!"

 

The blonde didn't even think twice before taking the hand and pulling himself in. His eyes widened seeing how close the drunk man was. Luckily, it's hard to operate a gun while hammered. 

 

"Mingyu, step on it!" The young boy barked looking through the back window of the truck. Two figures sat in the front seats. They cautiously scanned the road in front of them before launching forward.

 

Seungcheol almost fell back from the sudden movement, but was immediately caught by the teen. "Thanks..." He managed to mutter, though it would've been hard to hear due to the rushing wind. 

 

The two settled down on the cold metal trunk and sat infront of eachother. "The name's Hansol," The teen smiled.

 

"Seungcheol." 

 

"I'm Wonwoo," a deep voice startled the blonde, "and behind the wheel is our precious Mingyu". Wonwoo poked his head through the back window.

 

Three people, Seungcheol counted. "Weren't there more of you?". He remebered seeing at least 15 people in the store.

 

Hansol scoffed, "You mean those losers? We don't know 'em. Just a bunch of kids wanting to drink during their last days." 

 

"Speaking of which," Wonwoo directed his words to the youngest, "Did you manage to grab anything?"

 

"Nope. As soon as I walked in, a crazy drunkard started shooting everyone."

 

Seungcheol sighed, "The apolcolyspe really brings out the best in people, doesn't it?"

 

Wonwoo chuckled, "Ha, you're funny for a monkey."

 

"...excuse me?" The blonde coughed.

 

"You totally look like a monkey-"

 

"No way," Hansol interupted, "He looks like a penguin."

 

"Are you even looking at him? His face just screams give me bananas!"

 

"Please, I bet this guy could survive the cold for weeks with that skin. Penguin for sure."

 

Seungcheol sat confused as the other two argued which animal matched his features, "Uh, so where are you guys heading?" He hoped to change the odd topic.

 

"Oh, we're heading to my grandma's old beach house. Everyone is just moping and freaking out, so we thought a small party with each other would be a good way to end everything. We might even be able to see the meteor hit the horizon."

 

Seungcheol felt the atmosphere sadden. At least some people were trying to bring something good out of all the chaos. 

 

"What about you? How did you end up in our presence?"

 

"When that guy started shooting people, I kinda took the first chance I got to get out of the area. I hope you don't mind." Seungcheol became apologetic.

 

Hansol grinned, "Nah, man. We don't mind at all. The more the merrier. If you got nowhere to go, you should hang with us at the beach."

 

"Sure, it's a way better plan than what I had in mind," The blonde shook off his dark thoughts.

 

Wonwoo cheered and sat back in his seat, "Mingyu, we got plus one person for our road trip!" He cuddled against the driver.

 

"We have a few stops to make. The previous stores we visited were empty." Hansol combed his hand through his wavy hair. "Sit tight, Penguin."

 

"Monkey!" Wonwoo shouted.

 

Mingyu looked through the rear view mirror, "I don't know, hyung. He looks more like a Meerkat."

 

"Nobody asked you!" Wonwoo playfully hit the other's shoulder.

 

They three bickered and laughed as they drove on the dark road. Seungcheol didn't interupt this time, enjoying the random subject. For once, he forgot about their unavoidable fate.

 

 

<><><><><>

 

 

"We're here!" Wonwoo singsonged as he got out the passenger seat. The group had stopped at a small department store.

 

Hansol looked at a piece of paper with words scribbled on it, "We should split up into two groups to cover the list faster." 

 

Wonwoo clung to Mingyu like a magnet, "We'll get the charcoal and matches together." The couple walked into the store, leaving Seungcheol and Hansol outside.

 

"Ever since the news got out about the end of the world, those two haven't left each other's side." Hansol groaned, "I can't blame 'em though."

 

Seungcheol nodded in agreement. He was about to reply when a scream echoed. The blonde's eyes widened, "What was that?"

 

Hansol stayed queit until a second cry was heard, "I think it came from around to building." 

 

The two jogged around the store as the screams became louder, but more muffled. A white van was parked alone with three people beside it. Two seemed to be ganging up on one. 

 

"Shut up, pretty boy! Nobody is coming for you," The fatter man harshly whispered. His hand covered the muffled the screams of a long haired brunette.

 

A scrawny man with a beard tied the brunette's wrist together. "Just throw him in the back. I don't have time for this." He opened the double door of the large van and signaled his partner to throw the victim in. "Let's just get the supplies and get out of here." The men slowly walked away from the scene

 

Hansol panicked, "Should we help him-" Seungcheol suddenly ran to the van leaving Hansol behind. "What are you doing? This is dangerous!" The younger whined catching up to the other.

 

"We can't just leave him, who knows what those men will do." Seungcheol protested. Silent cries could be heard from inside.

 

Hansol pointed at the handle. A padlock hung around chains. The stared at it hoping it would magically unlock. Of course it didn't.

 

"Oh look, a conveniently placed hammer." Seungcheol deadpanned, picking up the hammer on the side of the van. He gribbed the heavy tool, took a step back, and hit the lock with a loud clank. It broke off with ease.

 

Slowly, the blonde opened the doors and peeked inside. He stood shocked at the face he was seeing. It was tear stained and bruised, but it was one he knew well.

 

"...Jeonghan"

 

The other looked up, "Seungcheol!"

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N:

Oh shiz the first chapter. I decided to bring the Hip Hop unit together! and of course I put a little Meanie couple in there. 

Thank you for reading it! Please excuse my randomness when writing this >_>  (dat cliffhanger tho)

Comments make me happy~