All Events serve a purpose

Through the fire and flames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before

The shrill of my phone had woken me. I tossed over turning on my side seeing the name of my cousin Changmin. Jesus Christ it was 4 in the morning. That night I didn't expect the news because she was getting better or so I was told.

"Yeah, what's up Chang?" I said sleepily.

"I don't how to tell you this but your mother wasn't answering. She's gone. It happened around this morning at 2" I heard him sniffle. "Hold on my mom wants to speak to you"

I registered the shuffle of the phone and my aunt came onto the phone.

"Hey, love. Can you put your mom on the phone?" She asks gently. She was masking her pain. But I was no fool.

"Yes" I whisper the tears falling down my face.

My mom was sleeping in the living room, cause some nights the bed bothered her body. I shook her gently. She wakes up gorggily.

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"Auntie, would like to speak to you" I say trying to hold down the tears. I hand her my phone and they spoke softly. I went to the kitchen counter preparing the kettle..

It was going to be the longest night I thought staring at the steam hearing my mom sob. I blocked it all out, until the funeral that's when I will let go.
 

 

 At funeral home, Eunhyuk POV


Everyone was grim, reliving the good memories.

I instead cried hard next to my cousin Changmin who was holding me. My grandmother who had been my mother for a number of years in my life. I couldn't stop crying. I lost a friend. Grandma I hope your okay up there wherever you are, saranghae... I felt numb and all I could register was my cousin rubbing my hair.

A soft melody sounded through the hall, Kyuhyun playing his original piece dedicated to our lovely grandmother on the piano. The sound of the music brought more tears to my eyes. It was painful. I needed some air.

"I'm going to the restroom, I'll be quick" I rushed to the bathroom that was around the room where we were. I wiped my face with warm water and dried it with some napkins. I'd miss her, but finally she's not suffering no more. She was at peace.

I walked out and sat on the really comfortable leather black sofa near the doors of our ceremony. The lamp was bothering me on the table next to it so I shut it off. It intensified my headache that I was developing from all the crying. Browsing through my phone I examine old pictures of me and my grandmother together. It was the one where we were taking a shot together. It was her birthday that day, two months ago to be exact in March. 

"Come on Minnie, your brother is outside" I overheard Kyuhyun's voice. I look back at the picture and touch her face. I start crying again. I couldn't help it, with the mere thought of her I kept tearing up.

"Hyukkie, I want you to meet someone" Kyuhyuns drags me by my right arm. I wipe my face with my sleeve meeting a man and a woman. My eyes were still blurry.


"This is Donghae my older brother, Hyuk" says sungmin. Donghae holds out his hand and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter