end.

The Summoning

It was just usual night on Seoul. 1 am, to be exact, where some people already drift to their own dreamlands, the other people chose to break sweats on the dancefloor, or those who were too busy in front of their laptops doing assignments or just surfing on internet. Otherwise, twelve young lads were doing something that majority of people wouldn't do, especially at this time.

 

They assembled in an empty room that surrounding with wall-mirrors on each sides. The lightings in that room were only the moon that peeked trough the window and several candles. Not helping much because they can't see each other faces clearly.

 

Holding hands, they surrounded the red pentagram symbol on the floor. One of the tall guys among them, uttering the spells he memorized from an old creepy book about summoning he found in his grandfather's house a week ago.

 

At first, most of them refused the idea of summoning when the tall guy named Chanyeol asked them to do it. The reasons were simply because it sounded ridiculous, or because it scared them. But being the king of persuasive he succeed make his hyungs and dongsaengs agree to do it, although with heavy hearts.

 

Tao was one of them who agreed about this summoning thing with heavy heart. His hands were a bit shaky and sweaty right now. He never liked to do something that involving ghost. Like when they shot their show at the ghost house, he was almost faint if Sehun wasn't there with him. "H-hyung..let's stop this" He whispered to Chanyeol beside him who was busy uttering the spell and he ended being ignored by the tall guy.

 

He sighed in defeat when Chanyeol kept doing his business but not long he finally stopped. Tao was in the situation which he could feel relief because Chanyeol finally stopped or he should cry because when Chanyeol stop uttering those spells means they just had to wait for those 'creepy creatures' come and interact with them. The noiseless situation just increase the spooky atmosphere.

 

1 minute passed.

 

 

2 minutes.

 

 

3 minutes.

 

 

4 minutes.

 

 

5 minutes.

 

 

Nothing happened.

 

 

Until suddenly......

 

 

 

"BOO!"

 

 

 

"Aaaaaaa!" Tao and Baekhyun screamed in unison following by the laughter of the culprits. They shut their mouths when they realized it was no one but Kris and Chen.

 

Then suddenly, the light illuminated the entire room. Luhan was the one who had the initiative to turn the light on. "Omo hyung! Please don't do that! I ing have a weak heart" Baekhyun slapped Kris and Chen's arms since they just can't stop to laugh.

 

Kris chuckled as he picked his belongings on the floor "Seriously, what to fear about? Nothing happened, right? I already said it would be ridiculous. Luhan, you come with me?" He said then walked out, followed by Luhan.

 

Chanyeol scratched his head. "What did I do wrong? I think I already said the spell right"

 

"Maybe you forgot some lines of those spells" Baekhyun patted Chanyeol's back "But its good because its unsuccessful, right? I can't stand the situation if 'they' really come".

 

Chanyeol nodded and picked his bag as well. "You're right. Let's go home then" He almost stepped out from the room but stopped in instant when Sehun spoke up. "Wait hyung. We're not going to clean it up?" Sehun asked while pointing at the red pentagram symbol they draw with unpermanent marker.

 

"Just leave it be. We'll come early tomorrow then clean it. Or...because you mention it, why you just don't do it instead?" Chanyeol smirked.

 

Sehun widened his eyes. "M-mwo? Yah hyung, you're the one who suggested this idea then why should I clean it?"

 

"Because you're the maknae"

 

"What the....that's so irrelevant. Suho hyung.." He turned his head to the side, hoping he would get help by the leader.

 

Suho didn't pay attention to the conversations that happened between the members because he was on the phone with manager hyung. He estrange the phone from his ear and hurriedly walked to the door "Guys, I have to see manager hyung now, something urgent. See you tomorrow" he bid his goodbye then ran out from the building.

 

All of them finally went back home, leaving Sehun only with Tao and D.O. Tao didn't want to stay in this place any longer but he didn't want to back home without Sehun (a.k.a his roommate) and D.O... well, he's just kind enough to help his poor dongsaengs.

 

"Seriously, its discrimination. So what if I'm the maknae though?" Sehun protested as he moped the floor, luckily the pentagram mark was easy to clean.

 

"Shut up, Hun. We better fast because I don't want to stay here any longer" Tao quickly helping D.O to throw the used candles in to trash bin.

 

Sehun stopped and smirked at Tao, he got an idea to tease his hyung. "Wae? Are you afraid? From what I know, those who afraid of ghost would be the one being haunted by them"

 

"Yah!!"

 

Sehun laughed hard when he saw Tao's face turned white, as white as paper. "I'm just kidding Tao-yah, just wanna tease you. So what if they haunt us, we don't have that 'gift' to see them though" Sehun shrugged. Well, that makes sense. Tao could breath properly after hearing that, at least.

 

 

After done moping Sehun walked out from their practice room, going to put back the mop at its place. After returning it, he walked down the corridor. All of sudden he felt like someone was staring at him, he got the instant goosebump. He felt his body started to getting cold, no, its not because the wind, its strange cold. He could saw it by the corner of his eyes, there's someone or 'something' on the window at the corner of corridor. His mind told him not to turn his head, but his curiosity killed all of his fear. He finally turned his head and saw something really unpleasant.

 

 

Sehun froze on his spot when he realized 'someone' was staring at him from outside the window. He couldn't tell if its human or 'those creatures' because all of these times he never saw 'them' means he doesn't have any ability to do that, right? But its freaking 3rd floor, how could normal human flew like that?!

 

Sehun can't move his legs nor faint. If he could choose, he rather to faint right now but he just can't. His mind tried to proceed what he saw, 'someone' with messy long hair covering 'her' face, but he pretty sure 'she' was staring at him, her head tilt to the side like she broke her neck.

 

 

Sehun tried to think positive maybe it was just a sick prank by his hyungs, but no, that's not possible.

 

 

The next thing he saw was 'she' putted 'her' hand on the window and tried to pushed it open.

 

what the actual . Although she's human or not but its ing no joke anymore.

 

Sehun finally got his sense back as his mind command him to run right away.

 

 

He screamed and ran like a mad man towards their dance practice room where Tao and D.O at. He needs to drag his hyungs out from here as soon as possible.

 

When he turned at the corridor near their room, he saw Tao was locking the dance practice room alone. Where's D.O?

 

Tao turned his head, realizing Sehun's presence. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Sehun ran approaching him in horror.

 

"W-wheres Kyungsoo hyung?" Sehun tried to catch a breath once he stood in front of Tao.

 

 

"Ng... He already went away awhile ago, Kai called him saying they're running out foods so Kyungsoo decided to buy something at 24 hours store.." Tao explained. "Hey, hey...what happened?" Tao tried to calm Sehun down by holding the maknae's shoulders. He got a bad feeling about it.

 

Sehun tried to explain something but before words could come out from his mouth, suddenly the light on the corridor switched off, then on, then off.

 

"...." Sehun pulled Tao's hand as they ran down through the stairs then went out of the building. Sehun didn't dare to look back as he afraid he might see something again. Tao tried to ask for explaination as they ran down the street, but the younger guy didn't say anything.

 

 

They tried to catch their breath as they arrived at their apartment unit. Sehun slammed the door behind them then locked it quickly.

 

"Sehun-ah, seriously what happened? You're like....just saw ghost or serial killer" Tao tried again to get explanation.

 

Sehun was known by his fair skin, but now its not fair anymore, its more than fair as it looks white as the paper. Sweat twirling down his skin.

 

"I....I saw...it...there"

 

"What??" Tao lost his patience since he was curious and started to feel afraid too.

 

 

"Ghost!!" Sehun blurted out. "I...I saw a woman in white stared at me back at that building"

 

 

Tao froze in his place. He felt like his body turned as cold as ice. Among of them, he's the easiest to get afraid when it comes about 'that creature'. But all these times, Sehun always liked to putted prank on him. Who knows if its one of the maknae's sick joke?

 

 

"You must be joking, right? Awhile ago you were the one who said that ghost won't haunt us because we simply couldn't see them though because we haven't that 'gift' to see them"

 

Sehun raised his head as he looked at his roommate in disbelief, how can Tao thought it was just a joke? " it Tao, I'm not ing kidding, I swear I'd ing throw my body out of window if its just a joke" Sehun just can't help himself not to curse.

 

Tao could saw the seriousness through Sehun's eyes. Its.freaking.real. He started to freaking out "Oh my God, Sehun, how could it happen?? Is it because the summoning we did? But why us?? We should tell hyungs about this" He was going to open their front door when Sehun held Tao's hand.

 

"The hyungs probably asleep right now. You better not to open that door, and I think...we are safe here.." Sehun said.

 

 

Aww, really Oh Sehun?

 

 

"I...I think you're right..." Tao said as he tried to calm himself.

 

 

Pfft, you sure, Huang Zitao?

 

You must didn't watch those horror movies or heard those stories which proved ghosts could appear everywhere, right?

 

 

Tao walked to their bedroom as he going to change his clothes while Sehun was on the kitchen tried to calm himself down by drinking water.

 

Tao turned the light on everywhere after he was sure that 'no one' in their bedroom, he changed his clothes then walked to the bathroom in their bedroom. After done brushed his teeth he gonna put the toothbrush to its place but it slipped from his hand.

 

"Aigoo.." Tao muttered as he bent down picking that toothbrush.

 

When he stood straight, he almost shout as his heart feel like almost jumped out from its place. He saw someone behind him through the mirror in front of him.

 

But then he realized it was just Sehun. He exhaled in relief. "Sehun, you almost make me got heart attack" Tao said as he putted down the toothbrush.

 

Tao step outside from the bathroom thinking that Sehun might want to brush his teeth as well, when Tao walked out, Sehun closed the door.

 

"Tao-yah..you don't want to eat? Its late but we hadn't had dinner earlier and there's leftover in the refrigerator if you want I'll....." Suddenly Sehun opened their bedroom door then walked inside.

 

 

"Sehun!!" Tao shouted as he widened his eyes. How could Sehun came from outside the bedroom when a second ago he saw Sehun was in the bathroom inside their bedroom.

 

"What??" Sehun got shocked by the sudden reaction of Tao.

 

"Aren't you from the bathroom??"

 

"What the heck are you talking about Tao-yah?? I was at the kitchen awhile ago, just tried to calm myself down by drinking water. Don't scare me, what is it?" Sehun asked as he got the goosebump again.

 

 

Tao ran to their bed then jumped on it as he pulled the blanket to cover himself. "There...there's someone inside the bathroom! I thought it was you!" Tao was shaking inside the blanket.

 

When Sehun heard that, he ran to the bed and did the same as what Tao did. Their speculation about that ghost won't come to their place was wrong.

 

"Ta-tao-yah...we better sleep now and later in the morning we better run to our hyungs and tell about it. , its because that stupid summoning, I hate you Park Chanyeol..." Sehun muttering under the blanket as his body shaking again.

 

"You..you're right.. We better sleep now. As long as we're together like this, I think it'll be okay..." Tao tried to pretend like everything will be okay when the fact is he almost burst into cry as he really hated to be in situation like this.

 

They tried to close their eyes and wish they would drift to the dream land soon. Their backs were facing each other. The bedroom wasn't too dark nor too light, they couldn't just let the light on because Sehun can't sleep if its not dark enough. They decided to let a bedside lamp illuminating the room.

 

 

Just right when Sehun almost asleep, he heard low mumbling sound. He thought it was Tao because Tao seemed so scared earlier. But then the sound turned into cry, and it started getting louder.

 

 

"Tao...shut up...just try to sleep.." Sehun said as he still thought Tao was the one who's crying but then he realized the it didn't sound like Tao, and it sounded ing near....

 

 

Again, curiosity could kill anything including the fear, Sehun turned his head to the side only to found out there's 'something' laying between them. The very same ghost Sehun saw earlier was in the ing same bed with them.

 

 

Sehun screamed from the top of his lungs as he ran towards the wall then fell on the floor as he covered his eyes. He felt so dizzy but again he just can't faint although he really wished to.

 

 

Sehun's scream woke Tao up as he tried to regain his sense he turned his view to the side "What happened??" He asked as he finally could use his vision clearly and realized he was face on face with that scary woman with blood all over her face, that woman gave Tao a creepy grin before Tao screamed and finally fainted.

 

 

Sehun saw everything, although he's afraid he needed to drag Tao out of here and go to approach his hyungs, he didn't realize the ghost already disappeared, and he didn't care though. All he wants is to.freaking.get.out.of.here. He moved his shaky legs to where Tao lied, he held Tao up in his arms and brought him out from the bedroom. But before he reached the doorknop, suddenly the door swung open.

 

"Sehun! Tao! What happened?" Suddenly Lay walked in with worry face.

 

"Oh thank God, Lay hyung! We got haunted by ghosts, I..I think its because the summoning we did. We must get out of here" Sehun explained as they walked towards the front door. He felt a bit relief after Lay appears.

 

"What?? It probably because of that...maybe it was because we didn't do the ritual right so the ghosts started to haunt us... But you can't get out now" Lay said.

 

When they reached the front door, suddenly Sehun stopped. He froze in the place. The front door was still locked, and how could Lay got in? And the twelve of them live in same apartment building but different unit, and Lay stayed 2 floors above HunTao's unit. How could he....?

 

 

Sehun gulped when he felt the cold sensation on his nape. He heard the hysterical laugh and when he turned he saw 'Lay' who already turned into creepy creature who laughed like 'he' was going to ripped 'his' mouth open and suddenly 'he' broke his neck then the head fell from the place, as it rolled down to Sehun's toes, those bloody eyes were staring up to Sehun's, and still with that creepy grin.

 

 

And for the first time in Sehun's life,

 

 

he fainted.

 

***

Lol what is this.. I'm just getting (temporary) tired of those angst or romantic stories, so I tried to write down my imagination into horror fic lol The messages of this story are don't try to 'call' them if you're not ready to meet them (lol), ghosts could appear although you're not alone, and they could appear everywhere (maybe there beside you).