TIRED

MESSED UP

 

So, as everyone knows that YGK is now under J.K Corp, ahhhh! blah blah blah.. Whatever!” TOP started trying to be serious at first but couldn’t hold on any longer making everybody laugh. “Kwon Jiyong everyone.” Gesturing the man to move forward earning a chuckle, he obviously didn’t prepare any speech for tonight, so the best way to do it is to have his way- the Choi’s way.

 

Jiyong walks and stop beside TOP giving the man a very pleased look and before grabbing the microphone.

 

“Anyeong!” he started humoring everyone, making the ladies squeal in delights and boys fascinated.

 

He’s wearing white long sleeve polo that envelopes his lean figure and a tight black pants hugging his slender legs- decent but shows iness at the same time. In contrast to his business-look appearance and attitude every time he visits the office, he is particularly cheerful tonight, which makes everyone feel comfortable and curious at the same time.

 

“That was quiet an introduction hyung. I can see you really prepared something for me”, Jiyong said teasing the older guy who just shrugs his shoulder.

 

“No need for flattering Ji. They already knew who you are and beside… Do we really need to do this? Let’s just get the party started, shall we?” TOP said tossing his drink in the air.

 

“For our partnership and friendship.” Jiyong added, lifting his drink as well before adding “And I also would like to…”

 

That’s the last thing Youngbae witnessed before he went out of the building to answer a phone call.

 

****

 

“How could you be so heartless Youngbae? Why did you do that to the poor guy who did nothing but helplessly love a er like you?!” TOP exclaimed dramatically, shaking his head in the process.

 

“I don’t get you at all Hyung. What are you talking about?” he answered looking at the man, bewildered with his sudden outburst.

 

“That night at the party, he announced something and its intended for your ears, idiot!”

 

Youngbae looked at his boss sheepishly, as he tried to clear out the lump that started to form in his throat. Not really knowing what to do, he slowly felt his knees turned jelly as he grabbed the edge of the table for support, head starting to feel dizzy.

 

In all honesty, he didn’t know what the announcement is and his conscience had been bugging him all this time since he left that night. He doesn’t want to leave the party which he himself helped to organized just to make a good impression to the big boss- not because he wanted him to think that he is good enough but for Jiyong to think that the company is better and worth his trust.

 

“Bae, you like him don’t you?” Seunghyun stared at his dongsaeng with knowing look. He had known Youngbae much too deep than the younger man knows himself. His character may be that of a very laid-back young man that jokes most of the time but he also knows how to take matters seriously that even their long standing friends couldn’t believe that he too can be a little deep sometimes, if the situation permits.

 

Seunghyun had known Youngbae since time immemorial. They had done a lot of things together that the times spend being alone can be counted with his fingers. Their friendship had rooted way back that even both of them can’t recall. They had spent most of their growing up times with each other that with just a look they already know what the other is thinking without utterance of words. That’s how deep their friendship is.

 

Youngbae who spends most of his time taking care of the others before him and who always give that assuring smile every time feels empty even though he keeps on denying it, but Seunghyun knows better and this time he decided to do something to make his friend genuinely happy.

 

He knows what Youngbae felt for his friend Jiyong. The guy though has all the riches in the world could offer is as lonely as the empty sky covered with dark clouds with no one but himself. Jiyong who may be as cold as an ice when they first met (and still is) not really bothering to let someone in has slowly opened up to him little by little.

 

When I first talk to Jiyong and ask him out to meet my friends the latter would always decline making business trips as an excuse but of course I know better. But the moment I had talked about Youngbae, I saw how Jiyong’s eyes lit up with curiosity, how unconsciously he listened and a small smile formed on his lips that fades instantly even before it reach its full bloom though he’s not looking at my direction. And that is when he decided to take a chance, a chance of having both of his precious friends be truly happy because he felt that the two though has very contrasting personalities has something in common; that certain thing that is naturally there like fate had decided to act upon. And if cupid is waiting for the “right time to come”, then he- Choi Seunghyun will make this time the right time cupid clearly missed.

 

“I… I-I don’t.” Youngbae answered in a not so sure voice.

“Yes you do idiot! How long are you to deny your feelings?”

“He doesn’t like me like you think he did, Hyung.”

“What do you mean?”

“I think he just… im just a challenge.”

 

“What?!” Seunghyun looked at the younger man unbelievingly like that’s the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard. “Jiyong likes you. A lot.” He then added making sure that the guy clearly perceives the message not just his own opinion about Jiyong’s feelings.

 

Youngbae stayed silent not really wanting to hear his Hyungs “long speech”. He had been acting like cupid (even doing strange things that he is sure cupid won’t do) ever since he saw the spark between him and Jiyong as the older man proclaimed the night after their first meeting.

 

“look Youngbae, I do know that you are so naïve and innocent but this, I didn’t know you’re that dumb! He clearly is obsessed with you!” he said smacking his friend down as if trying to knock sense in his empty mind.

 

“Yah~ that hurts!

 

“and do you think Jiyong doesn’t? He had been trying for so long.”

 

“But he always does whatever he wanted and he gets it every time.”

 

Youngbae does have a point but I will not let him think he does.

 

“then, does that mean he had you? The way you’re resisting and declining him doesn’t seem so. Owww poor Jiyong.”

 

“aren’t you a little too dramatic, Hyung.?”

 

“aissst! Yah! Look Youngbae, I won’t give a ing damn about your love life if only the feelings aren’t mutual but the , can’t you smell whenever you’re together?” he exclaimed furiously to the now blushing man, a smirk creeps on his lips.

 

Youngbae felt like whenever Seunghyun do his talking especially when he talks about like it isn’t a sensitive topic especially when the subject is him and Jiyong. He is not comfortable talking about his life not because he doesn’t have any experience but because he’s not the type to kiss and tell.

 

“Bae, have you heard about Jiyong these past few days?”

 

Youngbae looked up eyes wide with shock as realization hit him.

 

“See, he doesn’t have forever Bae. He’s also a human, he grows tired.”

 

As those words left Seunghyun’s mouth, Youngbae feels defeated, shoulder’s drooped and pain visibly written all over his face as he paced back and forth around the room feeling uneasy.

 

Does he really…

 

… Seunghyun sit comfortably on his chair, legs placed on top of the table, enjoying the show Youngbae is putting on right now, a triumphant smile on his lips.

 

Cupid-Seunghyun won again!

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: THANKS FOR WAITING! AGAIN, I OWE THIS TO JASMINE751!

SO, what do you think?.. its Ji and Bae’s moment in the next chapter.^.^