#2 Jealousy is cute on you

Mature
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is jealous Hyukjae… but I’m not really satisfied with it for some reason… *cries

Also, this has another side pairing that is not Kyumin but it's minor.

 

Hope you like it!

Hyukjae woke up groggily as he was pulled from his dreams by the loud sound of his alarm. With a sleepy sigh and a groan of irritation, he turned it off and covered his eyes by resting an arm over his eyes. He could feel the sleep lulling him back and tried to stay conscious, but before he knew it he was jolted by the sound of his second alarm.

Great.

He actually sat up this time to silence the ringing. He always had to set numerous alarms because he never pressed snooze. He stretched his arms over his head and yawned. With lots of strength, he stood up and headed for the bathroom. Once he had his shower, he started off his morning routine by boiling the water and grabbing whatever was leftover was in the fridge from the night before. He wasn’t big on cooking, but his parents would skin him if he ate takeout too many times a week. He scoffed slightly at the thought of them, then felt guilty a few seconds afterwards. It wasn’t that he disliked his parents, no, he loved them, but they really were the stereotypical Asian parents: always talking about grades and priorities, which crowd to hang out with, how one should behave. He and his sister Sora had a pressured upbringing to do well, be at the top of the class, not to ever get a detention. Nevertheless he knew to be grateful they had pushed him to work hard.

Although there were times he wished they hadn’t been so hard – he distinctly remembered having to study for hours, being forced to memorise speeches for school assessments, learning to play piano and read music… That didn’t mean he had no fun when he was young; his parents had taken him on trips and amusement parks and they did all sorts of enjoyable things – they had just been strict.

It was no wonder Hyukjae had his little ‘rebellion phase’, they liked to call it. That was always a sore topic and the four of them tried their best not to talk about that time.

He poured himself some hot water and emptied a sachet of hot chocolate powder, knowing he was going to need the kick for today. After all, today, Donghae was starting college. Hyukjae knew Donghae was nervous despite them going to the same college. He couldn’t help but find it all so endearing. Donghae had been in a panicked state for weeks as he waited for acceptance letters, getting accepted almost everywhere he applied, yet still frantically waiting for the acceptance letter from the college Donghwa and Hyukjae attended.  Kyuhyun and Sungmin were also going to the same one, but had sent the brunet into a frenzy when they received their letters weeks before Donghae.

As it turns out, Donghwa had been hiding the letter.

Donghae had cried with joy as he opened the letter and read out his acceptance. He had been so happy he forgot to be mad at Donghwa. However, Hyukjae didn’t, and he scolded Donghwa for teasing his boyfriend. He had done it lightly and with a teasing edge because boyfriend or not, Donghae was Donghwa’s brother and shouldn’t be scolded by someone who was non-family, especially because Donghwa loved his brother dearly. Hyukjae knew he would be insulted and rather pissed off if someone told him how he should act with his sister.

Hyukjae was heating up his breakfast/leftover dinner when his phone rang from the bedroom. He walked quickly to it and smiled when he saw who was calling.

“Hey,” he answered.

“Hyukkie! Did I wake you? You sound tired.”

“I’m fine. Everything alright?”

“Yes! I’m so excited!” he could hear Donghae’s chirpy, morning voice. God he loved that cheerful voice. “But also nervous.”

“Don’t be, I’ll be there.”

“That’s all that comforts me,” Donghae said sweetly.

From the kitchen, the microwave beeped, signalling his meal was ready. He walked back with the phone in one hand against his ear. “What time did you want me to pick you up? Eight?”

“Yeah, eight is good,” the brunet replied and he heard some laughing in the background. It sounded like Donghwa and the father’s laugh.

Hyukjae sighed. He sometimes felt lonely here by himself. He wished his sister was still here, but she went to a different city to study. His parents, of course, were also in a different city so they didn’t see each other often. They called a fair bit though.

“Hyuk?” Donghae’s sweet voice called over the phone, hearing the other’s sigh.

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

Hyukjae felt a gummy smile forming at the earnest words. Somehow Donghae never forgot to say those words, and each time they would send tingles up Hyukjae’s spin. “I love you too.”

“Don’t be late,” Donghae said, trying to come off stern but it just sounded plain cute to Hyukjae.

He chuckled as he opened the microwave. “I’ll try.”

 

 

Hyukjae arrived at the house five minutes before eight. He entered the house politely and greeted Donghae’s parents who were beaming and gushing over their youngest son going to college. Donghae’s mom was naturally fussing over him, eyes sparkling and a wide smile on her face that was almost identical to her son’s.

“Please take good care of my baby,” his mother said and then cupped Hyukjae’s cheeks. “Oh who am I kidding? Of course you will.”

“Mom, stop,” Donghae whined as Hyukjae was pulled into a very tight embrace. He tugged at his mom’s hands to try and get her to release his boyfriend. “It’s just like leaving for school. I’m coming back later today. I’m not in a dorm or anything.”

“But its college!” she gaped and then squealed as she ruffled his hair and pinched his cheeks. Donghae ducked away in embarrassment. “I’m not going to be able to do this anymore.”

“Mom,” he mumbled.

She then glanced at Hyukjae who had politely looked away to give them some privacy. She grabbed Hyukjae’s hand, making him jolt slightly in surprise, and then grinned at her son. “That’s okay, Hyukjae can do it for me.”

Hyukjae laughed and loved the way Donghae pouted and linked their hands together. He brushed back some freshly washed hair and turned to Hyukjae. “Hyukkie let’s go. Please. Before that thing I call my mother attacks you.”

“Manners, Donghae!” she scolded before waving around her hands, “No, photos, photos.” Before Donghae could make a getaway she started running around the house searching for her camera.

Donghwa passed by, waving and saying he’d see Hyukjae later. Hyukjae returned the wave before Donghae flung his hands around Hyukjae and kissed him. Hyukjae responded immediately, momentarily forgetting about the fact that Donghae’s parents could see them, and just focused on having the brunet in his arms and against him. He ran his fingers through the soft strands and nibbled on Donghae’s lower lip before slowly pulling away.

Just as they parted a camera click was heard.

Donghae turned his head with flushed cheeks. His mom was holding a camera and gave them a guilty but excited smile. She looked at the camera screen and then gasped.

“This is such a good photo! I didn’t even blur it!” she rushed to Donghae who shot Hyukjae an apologetic smile.

Hyukjae watched as she showed the photo to Donghae, who blinked and then grinned, showing slightly crooked teeth.

“Mom that’s actually a good photo!”

“I know!”

“You didn’t cut our heads off!”

“That was the one time,” she gave Donghae a small smack on the shoulder and then turned the camera screen towards Hyukjae. “Isn’t it lovely?”

Hyukjae glanced down at the screen and saw that it was just when they had parted from the kiss. Donghae’s eyes were still closed, the tip of tongue just able to be seen, and Hyukjae’s were half-open and gazing at the brunet with soft, loving eyes.

“It is nice,” Hyukjae said, smiling, and Donghae nodded furiously.

“Can you print it out mom?” he asked and she said she would, raving about how she could frame it and put it in the family scrapbook. Donghae sighed heavily.

“Hae?” Hyukjae started after a quick glance at his watch. “Should we be going?”

Donghae turned to the clock and then gave a sharp cry. “Yes! Yes! Oh my God mom this is all your fault! Hyukkie, let’s go!”

 

 

 

“This is so nice!” Donghae exclaimed as he held Hyukjae’s arm, his grip almost cutting off the circulation – not that Hyukjae complained – and gasped at the courtyard and buildings and the school fountain. The college was nice and one of the best regarded ones in the city. Hyukjae always felt himself lucky to have gotten in, considering his ‘rebellion phase’ and how he could have jeopardised his future. Donghae, though he may not seem like it with his childish antics and cluelessness, was really quite smart and knew school work had to be taken seriously (or as serious as Donghae could get).

Students were everywhere – hugging, chatting, laughing as they caught up with each other. Some, like Donghae, were in awe of the place and their first year in college. Hyukjae scanned the area to see if he could find any of his friends but none were in sight yet.

“Haven’t you been here before?” Hyukjae asked as Donghae stared up at one of the more intricate designed buildings which was also quite old. The exterior was absolutely gorgeous, he had to admit.

“Yeah, but still,” Donghae said and adjusted his backpack on his shoulder. “I’m going to get lost for sure.”

“It’s fine; I drew you a map,” Hyukjae reminded him. “And you can call me if you really do get lost.”

Donghae giggled and pressed his forehead against Hyukjae’s shoulder. However, the body he had been leaning against buckled over as some massive, inconveniently disruptive force rammed into the older who took a few steps forward to steady his balance.

“Hyuk!” the guy who had pushed Hyukjae over yelled and slapped his back (as if he hadn’t done enough damage already).

Hyukjae turned around as Donghae took a few coy steps back. The guy didn’t seemed to notice him yet - Hyukjae had no idea how since Donghae was right beside him. “Yesung! Stop doing that. It’s annoying.”

Yesung just threw his head back and laughed. “Okay, okay.” He beckoned to a bunch of other kids who had been standing near the fountain. “I found our baby Hyuk!”

Hyukjae saw the rest of his friends coming and glanced to Donghae who gulped (though he did giggle at the mention of ‘Baby Hyuk’). Donghae wasn’t easily nervous meeting people, but Hyukjae figured it was because he was just a first year and they were all older. Hyukjae reached for the brunet’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

“You’ll be fine,” he said and Donghae smiled up at him, just as his friends crowded around them.

Hyukjae could understand Donghae’s worries, but he knew he didn’t need to have any. He will couldn’t deny some of his friends looked a little cold, particularly Heechul. Imagine the shock people had when they realised he was the biggest diva and liked to boast twenty-four seven about his good (girly, Hyukjae would argue) looks. Kangin also seemed a bit daunting to approach as he had a bigger build, but inside he was a big, soft teddy bear. Shindong had a big build too, except he was always grinning, so naturally had tons of friends as he looked so friendly. Leeteuk was the one that generated the most warmth, with somewhat motherly eyes and a very soft voice. Yesung… Yesung just seemed a bit overwhelming in every sense of the word, nevertheless he was a great friend.

“Hey… oh, is this Donghae?” Leeteuk greeted with his signature dimpled grin. Hyukjae was glad it was Leeteuk who spoke first to Donghae. “I’m Leeteuk. And this is Heechul, Shindong and Kangin.”

Donghae nodded and bowed politely, pressing his body against Hyukjae’s in an attempt to hide himself away out of nerves. “H-Hi.”

Hyukjae squeezed Donghae’s hand again, hoping it reassured him. He then turned to his friends and shoved them playfully. “Stop looking so scary. You’re making him nervous.”

Donghae pouted and blushed brightly at his words. “No, no, I’m not… I’m not n-nervous…” His grip on Hyukjae’s hand tightened with every word he forced out.

Heechul suddenly swooped down in front of Donghae and his slanted eyes ran across the brunet’s face, almost as if he was analysing if Donghae was good enough to be his friend. Then, having made his answer, he ruffled his hair. There was no such thing as other people’s personal space with Kim Heechul (unless, of course, it was his personal space, then things got ugly…). “Aww! He’s cute!”

Hyukjae smiled bashfully as Donghae inched closer to his side, surprised by the close proximity from Heechul, who had until a few seconds ago been looking very unapproachable.

“Hyukjae talks about you all the time!” Kangin said, his rich, warm tone now making him seem much more welcoming.

“Really?” Donghae’s eyes lit up and Hyukjae resisted the urge to hit Kangin and groan at how he had let that slip. “What does he say?”

Kangin opened his mouth to answer but Heechul cut him off after giving the brunet an exaggerated wink. “Oh I’ll tell you. He has some very, very dirty thoughts –”

Hyukjae hit the back of Heechul’s head with a dust of pink on his cheeks. “Stop making stuff up.”

“I’m not,” Heechul glared and then looked at Donghae seriously. “If anyone bullies you, anyone, come to Heechul-hyung and he will beat them up for you, okay?” Heechul lightly hit Donghae’s cheeks in a friendly gesture and Hyukjae batted his arm away (“Don’t slap him!”).

Donghae exchanged looks with Hyukjae and then grinned, shyness slowly disappearing. “Okay! Though you don’t really seem like someone who could beat people up.”

Heechul chuckled and his eyes flashed, “Oh I won’t, but my Hannie will.” He glanced up at Hyukjae and grinned, “Oh my God, Hyuk he’s so adorable!”

Hyukjae tugged Donghae’s hand, pleased he was accepted by his friends (he knew Donghae would be anyway) and pulled the brunet away from Heechul. “Try remember he’s my boyfriend. Don’t get so close.”

“But he’s so cute you just want to squeeze him!”

“O-Okay… please, stop.” Hyukjae released Donghae’s hand in favour of wrapping his arm possessively around his waist and Donghae inched closer to him, pleased with the public display of affection. He turned to fully face Donghae. “Do you want me to show you the rest of the campus?”

Donghae nodded enthusiastically and gave Hyukjae’s friends a toothless grin before the two walked away. Hyukjae couldn’t help the smile on his face as Donghae asked him questions about the classes and breaks. He was so ecstatic that Donghae was in college– they’d get to see more of each other now.

 

 

Hyukjae tapped his pen on his desk as he stared absentmindedly outside the window, chin propped lazily on his hand and only half listening to the professor. He exhaled and his thoughts wondered off to Donghae and wondered how he was coping. He hoped his classes were alright and that no one was giving him a hard time – he was sure Donghae could take care of it anyway. He couldn’t help the giddy feeling inside. He honestly didn’t know what he had been thinking when he rejected Donghae’s confession almost a year ago. He had been shocked, more than anything, and naturally flattered. But Donghae was his friend’s younger brother, and Donghwa cherished him. Donghae, to him, was untouchable.

Hyukjae laughed along with the rest of Donghwa’s family as they lovingly argued and bantered about silly topics and trivial matters. He liked the warm atmosphere they always had. It made him feel instantly at ease. Today, Donghae’s friend was here as well – Sungmin, who was a very animated and friendly person (yet still kind of scary) – and Hyukjae found himself on multiple occasions becoming speechless by the bright smile Donghae had. Although the younger could be a little childish and silly, Hyukjae found him irresistibly adorable and could see why Donghwa loved to .

“Donghwa! I told you to take the trash out!” Donghwa’s mom scolded and flung, actually flung, the tied up black plastic bag at Donghwa.

Donghwa tried to duck but was too late, and the bag hit him on the back. “Geez, mom, calm down. Stop abusing me in front of our guests.”

“Oh shush. Go take it out now,” she ordered as she tried to hold back a laugh at Donghwa’s slightly embarrassed expression – Sungmin and Hyukjae were there after all. “Oh, and here’s another one.” She pushed another one towards him.

Donghwa rolled his eyes and then he turned to Donghae who was sitting on the couch chatting in hushed voices with Sungmin. “Hae. Trash.”

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow as did Donghwa’s mom. “Why are you asking Donghae?” she asked with her hands on her hips.

“He’s indebted to me because I did his chemistry homework for him,” Donghwa said and then pointed at Donghae and then to the rubbish bag, ignoring how his mother made a face of disapproval.

Donghae opened his mouth to protest. “Why do I have to –”

“Donghae don’t complain,” Donghwa’s mom said suddenly which Hyukjae found a little suspicious. Suddenly she turned to him and in a sweet voice proceeded to say, “Hyukjae, would you be a darling and help Donghae take one?”

Hyukjae blinked and he swore he heard someone squeak “Mom!” from behind him, but then he just nodded. "Sure.” Since he had come for dinner (which he did almost once a week actually – Donghwa and his mom insisted quite often, and sometimes he found them a little too eager to invite him. His presence wasn’t that great, was it?). He should show he was grateful for their hospitality. He smiled at the younger. “Donghae?”

Donghae glanced at Sungmin who was giggling into his palms and then stood up, walking over with a red face. On his way he kicked Donghwa’s shin. He gave Hyukjae a small smile. “T-Thanks Hyukjae...”

“No problem,” Hyukjae answered, giving him a grin which made Donghae blush more and picked one up. He saw Donghwa and Donghwa’s mom whispering and questioned if they were up to something; however he decided not to think too much into it.

They went outside slowly to put away the rubbish and he wondered why Donghae seemed tenser around him than usual. Normally he talked more and would blabber about things that admittedly, Hyukjae wasn’t always listening to but liked hearing his enthusiastic speaking nonetheless, and would share stories of school and his friends. He knew Donghae was easily embarrassed (he thinks anyway as Donghae blushed a lot around him despite Donghwa furiously insisting that Donghae did not get embarrassed very often) but he seemed like he was kind of avoiding him. He wondered if he had done something to make him uncomfortable.

“Donghae?” he asked as they tossed the plastic bags into the bins and started back for the front door of the house. He couldn’t think of anything that he may have done, but nevertheless he didn’t want to be on bad terms with Donghae who had become a good friend of his through Donghwa. “Are you okay?”

Donghae turned to face him and nodded with that shy, cute face of his. “Yes.”

Hyukjae smiled gently. “You seem quieter than usual.”

“No I’m fine,” Donghae replied and bit his lip, looking away hastily.

Accepting that maybe the brunet didn’t want to say anything, he simply chuckled in response to lighten the mood. “If you say so.”

Donghae walked silently beside him, but just as they reached the front door, he stopped and brushed his hand against Hyukjae’s, effectively getting his attention. “Hyukjae?”

Hyukjae turned to him. “Yeah?”

“Um…”

Hyukjae couldn’t be sure because it was evening and the streetlights weren’t bright enough, but he had a feeling Donghae was probably bright red (again). “Something wrong? What is it?”

Donghae swallowed before blurting out in a fast rush, “I like you!”

Hyukjae stilled and for a few seconds those words failed to comprehend inside his head. Then slowly, he realised what the brunet had just confessed. He felt his palms go a little clammy for some reason. “Y-You like me?”

Donghae nodded, hands clasping and unclasping nervously in front of him. Hyukjae found himself feeling rather happy, but he wasn’t sure if that was because maybe he felt the same way or maybe he was just pleased to have someone confess, especially someone as sweet as Donghae. But he couldn’t accept the confession if he didn’t know for sure… that would be worse.

“T-Thank you, Donghae,” Hyukjae managed finally, feeling like a complete as he reached out to ruffle Donghae’s hair. He watched the brunet’s face fall, already knowing what was coming. “But, I-I don’t know if I feel the same way.”

“You don’t know?” Donghae whispered, voice soft and Hyukjae hated himself for making Donghae sound like that.

Oh crap. Oh crap.

“I-I mean, I h-have to think about it… I… oh Donghae please don’t cry,” he said and rushed towards him to place his hands on Donghae’s shoulders. Wait, was that too affectionate? Was he giving Donghae the wrong idea? This was brotherly right? He started to feel worse as he tried to recall if he had unintentionally lead Donghae on in the past. Oh crap. If he had he was complete jerk – if he wasn’t one already. “Donghae, I’m so, so sorry. You can hit me if it’ll make you feel better.”

“H-Hit you?” Donghae half laughed and blinked as he looked away. “Stupid.”

Hyukjae rubbed up and down Donghae’s arms. Okay, maybe he was being too nice now… Aish this was hard. “Donghae? I’m really sorry. I think – no - you are really awesome and kind and fun but I… I don’t know if… I…” he chewed on his lip as Donghae’s eyes stayed downcast. “I’m sorry.”

Donghae glanced up slowly and gave him a disappointed smile. “I get it.”

Hyukjae had honestly never felt worse. He really wanted Donghae to punch him because anything would be better than the pain eating away at him. “I am really sorry.”

“It’s okay, stop apologizing,” Donghae mumbled with a small laugh and hit the older on the chest lightly.

“But I…” Hyukjae was at a loss for words as he stared at Donghae’s disappointed expression – his downcast eyes and trembling bottom lip. He wasn’t sure what else to do, only knowing he wanted to comfort the younger, so he hugged Donghae, rubbing his back soothingly like he had done a few times before (like when Donghae did badly on one of his school tests, or when he had a big fight with Donghwa or his parents).

“Hyukjae, you’re not really helping my feelings right now,” Donghae murmured but hugged him back anyway, his embrace just a little bit tighter.

Hyukjae rested his chin on Donghae’s brown hair. He had always liked how Donghae seemed to fit just right in his arms.

 

“Oi, are you sleeping with your eyes closed or something?” Yesung asked as he flung a paper ball not-so-lightly at Hyukjae. He had an expression of puzzlement and annoyance and a bit of amusement. “You got this stupid- grin on your face.”

Hyukjae snapped out of the memory he had been reminiscing and faced Yesung with his ‘stupid- grin.’ “I hope Donghae’s okay,” he said simply.

“Aaannnnd here we go again,” Yesung muttered, shaking his head but inside he was happy that Hyukjae had someone so dear to him. He tapped his pen quietly against his book and gave Hyukjae what was supposed to be a sympathetic smile, “You are so whipped for him it’s not even cute anymore.”

“Well it’s a little bit cute,” Leeteuk, hearing their conversation, argued from the other side of Hyukjae. He held his thumb and forefinger an inch apart. “A bit sickening, but cute nonetheless.”

“Is it? Is it really?” Yesung scoffed lightly and then made it like he was mentally weighing some choices. “Donghae’s pretty cute but Hyukjae infatuated with –”

“Hey, don’t call him cute,” Hyukjae interrupted, pretending to sound hostile. He knew Donghae was adorable, but that didn’t mean anyone could just say that, although he was glad that it was just Yesung who was a good friend of his.

Yesung gave him a withering glare and rolled his eyes. “Would you rather I call him ugly than?”

“Depends. Do you want to get beaten up?”

“You’re actually impossible.”

“You know he’s going to have people interested in him sooner or later,” Leeteuk mentioned bluntly, cutting into their little banter which he often (always) found entertaining to watch.

Hyukjae cupped a hand over Leeteuk’s mouth. He knew that. Before in high school, if someone flirted with Donghae he would never know unless Donghae told him, so he found it easier to bear (not to say he didn’t sometimes get worried). Now, he could very well witness his boyfriend being hit on and that made him uneasy. He didn’t doubt Donghae’s trust and love, but he didn’t trust other people. “Please don’t remind me.”

“Just saying,” Leeteuk said, ducking away with a smile. “But I’m sure nothing will happen. Donghae seems like he really likes you.”

“I will happily claim him in front of everyone if I have to,” Hyukjae stated, thinking back to after the confession when he not-so-discreetly rocked up in front of Donghae’s school and picked him up in front of all his peers. He had found the secretly ecstatic look on Donghae’s face adorable.

Heechul, who was sitting in front of them turned with his cat-like eyes in a taunting smile. “See? Told ya. Dirty.”

Hyukjae shot him a scowl. “That’s not how I meant it and you know it.”

“It’s worth considering,” Yesung said and Hyukjae gave him his own withering glare which was very rare.

Why on earth were they continuing on with this? “No. It’s not.”

Yesung gave him a blank, unimpressed look. “That’s not how I meant it either.”

Leeteuk sighed and palmed his forehead, halfway to giving up. “You two need to shut up; I can’t concentrate. Yesung, hurry up and get a boyfriend or girlfriend already. Humans need to love humans, not just turtles.”

“Well I’m perfectly fine with my turtles,” Yesung defended, and when he saw he was fooling absolutely none of them, he sighed. “It’s hard. I’m picky,” he whinged and then leaned closer to Hyukjae with excited eyes. “Does Donghae have any friends who are my type?”

Hyukjae picked up his pen and pretended he was jotting down a note – and actually ended up writing down some notes as the professor gave him a stern look – as he thought back. “I’ve only met two of his friends but -”

“Boy or girl?”

“Well they’re both guys -”

“Gay or straight?”

“Gay but -”

“Single or taken?”

“Taken. For each other.” Hyukjae finished and gave his friend a tight, apologetic smile. “Sorry man.”

Yesung’s face fell. He dropped his head into his hands and made a sound of irritation. “I want someone as cute as Donghae.”

Hyukjae put his pen down calmly before cracking his knuckles. “That’s it. Let’s take this outside.”

 

 

 

“How was your first class?” Donghae beamed, eyes lighting up as he spotted Hyukjae and rushed over to him, practically throwing himself in Hyukjae’s arms who quickly caught him.

“It was good. Yesung almost got me kicked out of class but, you know, same old,” Hyukjae laughed as Donghae’s eyes widened in surprise. “The professor is used to it. Anyway, what about you? How were your classes?”

“Good. Everyone was really nice and I made a few people,” Donghae said as they threaded hands. Hyukjae was glad he didn’t look as anxious as he had earlier. “Some of the professors were mean though.”

“Oh, I’m sorry babe,” he said, feeling a little (but just a little!) threatened by these ‘few people’ as he pecked Donghae’s temple. Donghae gave him a bright smile and started tugging him in some direction.

“Your next class doesn’t start until another hour right? Mine either. Let’s go for lunch!” he said chirpily.

Hyukjae smiled, the corners of his lips instantly curving at the delighted expression on Donghae’s face. He really was happy that Donghae seemed to be enjoying it so far. And he was glad he would be able to spend time with Donghae every week now.

.

.

.

Or that’s what he thought.

Hyukjae laid on his back on the couch in the silence, save for the clock on the wall above his head, and was throwing a cushion blankly in the air. He sighed and checked his phone, waiting for a text. He had been ecstatic of Donghae coming to college so they would be together more but in some ways he felt even further apart. Okay, no, he was being a little bit dramatic. Once the classes really started up, they both got busy with studying and finishing assignments. However, Donghae had one particular assessment that was making even a patient guy like him frustrated.

Group work.

And yes, Donghae’s free time was taken up completely by this group work for one of his subjects. He knew Sungmin was in the group, as well as an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter