Final Dance

Dance with my Father

Yeojin ran away in the pouring rain with her duffel bag in her arms, helplessly protecting it from the rain as she ran to her boyfriend’s home sobbing. She had enough with her father’s overprotectiveness. She put up with him, knowing that both of them only have each other. Not going to school retreats alone, not hanging out with friends after school, missing the after party of their prom and more than she could count. She passed from all of that because she knew and understood her father’s point of view as he has always been explaining how dangerous people and the world itself could be and that it was dangerous enough for it to take her away from him.

 

Even though she wanted to go to her class’ dinner, her classmates’ birthday party, Yeojin would always decline when the said gatherings are held after six in the evening. She prefered to see and have dinner with her father anyways and talk about how their day went on. Yeojin understood and bore it all, but it all ended when she finally decided to tell her father that she’s expecting with a boyfriend she has never heard of.

 

She could still feel the numbing pain of the slap her father gave her when she told him she’s pregnant but still, the daughter understood her father’s reaction. He was shocked, betrayed and most of all disappointed. It hurt her so much seeing the look her father gave her but what hurt her the most was how he brokenly told her to ‘get out of his house’, explaining on why she’s going to her boyfriend’s house now.


 

Ignoring the curious glances of the servants who opened the door for her, Yeojin went in and followed the butler to where her boyfriend ‘Master Junmyeon’ would meet her. The butler gave her towels to aid her cold from the rain before leaving her to wait for her boyfriend to arrive.

To say that she waited a lot in the cold of her wet clothes was an understatement. Yeojin was left there to wait for an hour before she heard footsteps coming from the stairs. Her eyes lit up and followed the sound with her sight but frowned when she saw an unfamiliar woman wobble her way down. Her hair was a mess and the lipstick smudged on her face and lips told Yeojin what the lady was doing before going down. Her unclasped bra and limp added to the things convincing her conclusion too.

Yeojin swallowed the lump in and prayed that it wasn’t what it looks like but when Junmyeon came into view as he went down from the stairs too, she felt her heart crack painfully. His hair was in a mess too and his white collar was stained, from what Yeojin assumed, by the nameless lady’s lipstick.

 

Junmyeon didn’t notice her presence immediately and caught up with the woman, hugging her from behind before kissing the her neck. The lady saw Yeojin but only smirked before tilting her head giving access to Junmyeon’s lips.

Seeing Yeojin cry. The lady took no pity and smiled before letting Junmyeon know of her presence with a single ‘Hi’.

This made Junmyeon look at the woman in his arms before looking at the direction of her eyes only to see Yeojin standing there crying.

 

To Oh Yeojin, it would’ve at least soothing if Junmyeon’s eyes widened and tried to push the lady away before starting to explain but the blank look she was given before hearing him ask who she was, was something she never expected nor imagined all her life. She was so numb from the pain that she could only wipe her tears away before making her way out of the mansion, back to the rainy streets.

 

It was then when she was walking on the streets sobbing hardly when she realized how right her father was and that he only wanted the best for her. But instead, she betrayed his trust and did the unthinkable.

 

With no face to return home, to her father, Yeojin spent the night in the streets of Seoul crying in pain and regret.

 

 

It has been three months since Oh Sehun kicked his only family out of his house. Everything felt like hell and nothing went his way. Instead, his constant headaches became worse making his best friend and subordinate, Luhan to drag him to the hospital when he suddenly fainted during one of their meetings. Not only did he missed lots of working hours, meaning a load of paperworks to do the next day, but with all the constant tests and hospital protocols they had to follow, the doctors had told him that he’s not suffering from a terrible migraine but with a stage 3 brain cancer.

The moment they told him this, strangely, Mr. Oh didn’t feel hurt. Heck, Luhan and his secretary looked more shocked and pained than him like they were the ones having the said disease. The doctors told him to stay for treatments but Oh Sehun was never the type to stay in the hospital. And just like his experience with his wife who died with the same thing, he just knew that this stage is as hopeless as him getting his daughter’s love back.

 

That night, Oh Sehun went back to his empty and cold house and spent his whole time there until it was time for him to go to work again.

 

 

To say that Luhan was worried and taking care of his best friend was an avoidance of overemphasis because the man never left his side and tried to almost become his friend’s nanny during and off work.

Sehun, knowing his best friend was unstoppable and his intentions, didn’t had the heart to decline his efforts despite of being aggravated by it. Luhan fussed over little things but Sehun never complained because the fact that Luhan was strong and understanding enough to respect his decision of letting himself die naturally was more than enough trouble he could’ve caused him for a lifetime.


 

Luhan knew that apart from the ailment, his best friend of 20 years has been suffering more with the depression of losing his daughter due to his blind impulse. He understood Sehun more than anyone with the exception of his late wife and he knew how the father regretted laying a hand on his daughter that night. He also knew that no matter how grave of a disappointment Yeojin would give to her father, Sehun will always forgive her over and over.

 

He knew and witnessed Sehun’s love for his daughter. He has been working to the bones just to provide for her and struggled taking care of her by himself. Sehun didn’t even had the time to mourn for the death of his wife because he knew Yeojin needed him. He ignored his sleeping hours and tended to his daughter’s every needs and would bring her to his office too whenever she got sick because Sehun was too anxious to leave his girl in the hands of a nanny.

 

Luhan knew that Sehun is a good looking guy too. His wife never failed to remind him that during the days, telling Luhan that his best friend should try to date and find another love but whenever he brought up the topic, Sehun would only laugh heartily before kissing his daughter’s chubby cheeks and tell them that having Yeojin is enough for him.

 

Yeojin is Sehun’s world and Luhan knew that his best friend would at least want to have his daughter’s forgiveness before he pass. That’s why Luhan has been looking for his god-daughter all this time with the help of his daughters Shu and Zhen, his twins who grew up with Yeojin.


 

Both have been really close with Yeojin until the two had to move to China for their studies. Their grandparents wanted to be with them for a while and Luhan and his wife couldn’t refuse and sent the two abroad leaving Yeojin alone in Korea. The two just got back a week ago and when they heard about their uncle Sehun’s condition and the disappearance of their best friend Yeojin, the twins promised to find and knock some sense to that best friend of theirs.


 

All Luhan hope is that they could find her before the next spring ends.

 

 

Yeojin sighed and sat on the sauna’s warm floor. She has been staying there since her father kicked her out and had been working to a restaurant near there so she could provide for her pregnant self. She didn’t want to use her father’s credit card because she felt she didn’t have that right anymore and even worse, her dad might have already suspended all of them. Her belly was starting to show already and she was aware of the people’s dirty glances thrown at her because of it but she didn’t care. This child is her only family now and she would do everything for it to survive and she would protect it from the world not matter what.

It was then when she understood clearly how her father felt towards her and how she had profoundly hurt him. The thoughts of her child almost hating her just like she did to her father that night made her cry in regret and guilt to sleep, just like the past nights.


 

The next day Yeojin woke up with someone nudging her. The pregnant woman grunted before opening her eyes only to see Zhen smiling at her with teary eyes.

“Good morning you motherer where have you been you little .” Her childhood friend said before pulling Yeojin to sit and hugged her tightly but was cautiously aware of her best friend’s situation.

“Zheeen.” Yeojin’s hormones were all over the place first thing in the morning and she was glad her best friend was there to comfort her. Zhen, always been the cry baby of the three, cried with her with mixed emotions. She was happy to have finally found her best friend but she was also sad, because of the news waiting for Yeojin to find out soon.

Zhen took them at the comfy cafe nearby and there, the best friends tried to catch up while waiting for Shu to arrive. Zhen didn’t tell Yeojin about her father yet, wanting to decide together with her sister so they just talked about Yeojin’s situation and other topics.

 

Twenty minutes have passed and Shu finally met with Yeonjin and her sister. The three had another emotional encounter and many hugs and kisses moments before they decided to settle down at the hotel they pick for Yeojin to settle at at the moment. Then, they also settled for a doctor’s appointment as soon as they knew about Yeojin not being able to provide for it before they decided to call the day off, lazing around the suite with their pregnant best friend. The twins decided to tell Yeojin about his dad’s situation when she gets stable. After all, she’s pregnant and the last thing they need is to endanger the baby.

 

It was almost seven in the evening when Shu woke up from her nap. Zhen and Yeojin were still snuggled beside her, sleeping soundly so she took the phone call as she went to the living room.


 

“Hey, ‘Pa.” She greeted happily but frowned when she heard the tension in her father’s voice.

“Your uncle Sehun, sweetie…” he said with an unstable voice. “...he fainted again.” he added and Shu gasped before turning around, feeling someone behind her. It was her twin who somehow had a hint what was happening.

“You have to find Yeojin quick, sweetie. I don’t think he’ll last longer without her. His depression will kill him first before those cancer cells.” Luhan told them and the twins looked at each other before taking a deep breath.

“We found her this morning, ‘Pa, We’ll bring her there as soon as she wakes up.” Zhen talked for them and got the details on which hospital to go and what time before ending the call.

 

“What now?” Shu looked at the ceiling, knowing what was coming.

“I don’t know but we should respect uncle Sehun’s decision and be strong for Yeojin.” Zhen joined her sister in procrastination as they wait for their pregnant best friend to wake up.

 

 

Sehun woke up and winced at the needles implanted on his chest and hand. He saw Luhan giving him a warning look to not take them off making the sick roll his eyes.

“We talked about this already Luhan.” He said in a raspy voice. Luhan just ignored him and hit his best friend’s free arm.

 

“Damn it Sehun.” The grief in his voice didn’t go unnoticed by the sick man but chose to keep silent as he let his best friend lean his head on the bedside, still gripping on his arm. “Damn you and your cancer. this!” By this time, Luhan was already crying and Sehun apologized to him in utter stillness before delivering it into words.

 

“Sorry.” was the only thing he could whisper and Luhan lifted his head only to glare at him.

“Don’t you dare repeat that you er or I’ll kill you and you won’t be able to see your daughter ever again.” He threatened and Sehun’s body stiffened at the mention of his daughter.

 

“Yeo-yeojin?”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Yes, Sehun. Yeojin, your one and only.” he confirmed.

“H-how is she?” The way Sehun stuttered was heartbreaking. Luhan knew Sehun would only do that whenever he’s trying not to get emotional. He knew his best friend wasn’t only fighting a war of his disease but also fighting of the sadness with the absence of his daughter. Yeojin was his world and only lived to please her.

That’s why when she walked away that night, she took her father’s heart with her.

 

“Pregnant. She’s coming to see you Sehun-ah, so you better fix yourself. You don’t want your daughter to be brokenhearted by your state.” Luhan smiled but Sehun’s blank face remained.

“What if it’s better for us not to meet, hyung? I’m sure she still hates me and, maybe, it’s better that way. She won’t hurt when I leave too. That’s the best I could give her now--” Sehun was stopped by a familiar duffle bag thrown at him.

 

“You wouldn’t do that dad, or I’ll really hate you for real.” Sehun gaped at the bag that just hit his leg that was now on his blanket covered feet before he turned his head to the door to find the three girls looking at him. His little girl, Yeojin, was very much pregnant and crying as she tried to glare at him while the twins cried quietly behind her.

 

“I...I..” Sehun was speechless and before he knew it, his daughter was already hugging him, crying, apologizing for not obeying him, for leaving him and for many more things Sehun had already forgiven her.

Sehun watched his child, his only family, cling at him like her life depended on it and slowly, with shaky and cold hands, reached for her and hugged her back. That only made Yeojin cry louder but everyone understood the gesture’s meaning. Sehun cried silently as he gathered his broken daughter into his arms while the Lu family watched with Luhan hugging his sobbing pair of twins.

 

That day, Sehun promised himself not to let go of his little angel ever again. She can forget about him, curse him and hate him, but he will still be there to love her until the God above the heavens decides to take him back.

 

 

Sehun woke up with a smile on his face and shuffled carefully to see his angel still sleeping beside him. It has been a three days since the father and daughter got reunited again and they were inseparable. Attached by the hip, wherever Sehun go, Yeojin would go too. No one in the hospital dared go against the Oh’s words knowing they would be dealing with the one of the richest man in the country and his pregnant hormonal daughter.

 

The first two days of their get together, they both talked about their own point of views in demand to understand each other. The Lu’s were there too, just in case they need someone to arbitrate the ‘fight’. They also talked about the therapy Sehun should’ve been taking but Yeojin understood her father’s decision although it hurt to know that her father might leave her sooner than later. She made him promise that he would at least fight until he meets his grandchild.

 

Yeojin frowned from her sleep before opening her eyes, wincing from the light that came from the balcony.

“Good morning sweetie.” The father greeted with a loving smile and the daughter snuggled closer to him like a child before rushing for the toilet. Sehun heard the gagging sounds and sighed before following his daughter. He saw her already throwing up and went closer, patting her back gently while he gathered his daughter’s hair out of the way.

 

Sehun felt sorry for kicking her out of furry back then. She must’ve suffered a lot without him being there for her but before he drowned himself with another guilty speculations, he stopped himself and just focused on comforting his pregnant daughter. Both of them decided to leave the past alone and not ponder about it any further and instead of it, just focus on their present.

 

And damn, he still has to get back to that bastard who hurt his angel. Oh Sehun would make sure of it over his dying body. But first…

 

Yeojin lifted her head, still lightheaded from puking up. Sehun helped her up and wash before flushing the toilet.

Yeojin grimaced at the taste of the vomit stuck on her tongue but tried to ignore it as she sat on the toilet seat with her dad helping her. She watched her sick dad fuss over her and felt the luckiest daughter in the world. He’s such a great and strong dad and she feel very proud of him. It was sad that he might disappear any time of the year but she has compromised to herself to respect his father’s decision and wishes until the end.

 

“Dad.” She called as she watched her Dad find the green menthol ointment for her.

“Yes, sweetie?” He responded, not looking at his daughter as he was still in a hurry to find the ointment.

“Can you come with me to the doctor’s appointment this afternoon, please?” she asked and all the shuffling her dad was making stopped.

Sehun blinked at his daughter’s request and mentally scanned his schedule. Damn, he still has that meeting with his lawyer to fix his last will and the report of this month’s shares and stocks was scheduled that day too. But all of that can wait. His daughter and granddaughter need him and he’ll make sure to be there.

 

He gave her a gentle smile. “Of course, sweetie. Dad will go with you.”




 

"Dad calm down and sit will you? You're making me dizzy with your pacing." Yeojin complained making the other pregnant women and their accompaniments smile.

Some of them were accompanied by their parents too but all of them were with their grandmothers or mothers. If not, with their partners and the fact that he was the only 45 year old grandfather-to-be there made some of them proud and fond of Sehun, even the ones in the reception smiled at the sight. Who would’ve thought that one of the most successful CEOs in the business industry was this supportive and loving at his daughter. It made them look at some people like Sehun in another light.

 

"I...sorry sweetie. It's just, it's the first time I'm meeting with my granddaughter and I'm nervous." Sehun finally sat beside his daughter. He was obviously too nervous and excited to stay still as they wait and everyone understood the future grandfather's anxiety. "Do you think she'll like me? Do I look okay? What if she can see us too?" The old man threw innocent questions making the crowd listen quietly with a fond smile. Yeojin just laughed at her dad and leaned on his arm.
"I'm sure she'll adore you dad." She assured and the father just sighed.
"I still remember how nervous I was when I first went to the doctor's appointment with your mom when she was pregnant with you. I almost threw up out of nervousness back then and she teased me for it until you were already two." he told before reminiscing on the said day. “The first time I saw you in that screen, I was mesmerized to the point of tears but I held it back. But then I saw your mom crying telling how beautiful you are and I agreed and ended up crying with her.” he laughed at the younger him but at the same time, he can’t help but be proud of himself.

Yeojin stifled a laugh. "It's okay dad. You can cry when you see him or her and everything will be okay. He or she will be the best grandchild you'll ever have. And he or she will love his or her cool and handsome grandpa." She assured her dad and Sehun smiled at his daughter.

“I don’t think I’ll cry this time, sweetie.” He told proudly and the daughter just giggled.

“We’ll see about that dad.” she told with an enthusiastic smile before they finally got called by the nurse.

 

There, the doctor told them that the baby is a healthy baby boy and Yeojin was already on her 5th month of pregnancy. The appointment ended with the doctor doctor handing Yeojin’s vitamins prescriptions and two copies of the sonogram to a sobbing grandfather-to-be while Yeojin couldn’t help but laugh with her tear stained face as she guided them both out of the hallways, the people waiting outside watching them with happy eyes.




 

“Are you sure about this, Sehun?” Luhan asked as he watched Sehun save the powerpoint presentation on his pendrive. “You’ve been offered to do a seminar in this university for years but you’ve always declined. You’re not going there just to get back at that kid who got your daughter pregnant, right?” he looked at his best friend with suspecting eyes and Sehun turned to him to give Luhan an innocent look.

“So you mean that bastard of a child is studying there?” He asked and Luhan sighed. He knew it! Oh Sehun never did things without a reason.

“Sehun that’s not the right--”

“I’m just going there to do the seminar, Luhan. I’m not there to get back at anyone at all. It was the university my daughter used to go to. It’s only right to let them know who her family really is.” Sehun knew his lies won’t pass Luhan but he also knew no one could stop him.

“Just don’t kill him.” Luhan sighed. “The last thing we want is to have you in jail. Yeojin needs you Sehun. You can’t be reckless.”

 

Sehun only laughed at him and continued preparing for his presentation. “I think I’ve passed that age already, Luhan.” he told. “My daughter and grandchild need me and I plan to be there for them for as long as I can.” he added before heaving an accomplished sigh. “And besides, this is the last request I’m getting from that university and this will be the last time I’ll be able to do a seminar so might as well.” he said before taking his suitcase with him to the door.

“Remember, dinner in our house at seven and tell your kids not to bring girly clothes because my champion is a little man.” he said before walking out of his office.


 

To say that Oh Sehun didn’t kill Kim Junmyeon was partly true but the way he failed the student in an important project that he was in charge of grading was almost the same as killing the young man. Not only did he lost the chance to graduate but his parents disowned him for fooling around and not managing to do the only thing he needed to do which is to finish his studies. But still, Sehun will never forget the glorious face the bastard had the moment he entered the room. Damn, he'll never forget that terrified look he had on his face until he dies.

Maybe it was the last wrath of Oh Sehun or maybe it was the wrath of a father but he didn’t even let the kid live in his mother country and exiled the kid from all Koreas. Not that he did it directly but the disappointment of the Kim’s towards their son was enough to send their son out of the country.

 

Sehun went back home late in his last day of busy work but he felt energized and satisfied. His last will will be the last thing he has to do and officially hand the company over to his best friend Luhan, then he’ll be free from all the responsibilities and will be able to spend his remaining days with his treasured family.

 

He was about to fall asleep when he heard his door open and saw his daughter holding a pillow. “Dad, can I sleep here? I heard a thunder.” she said in the same way she did all these years ever since she was little. Sehun shuffled on the side of his bed and Yeojin happily took the space given before hugging her dad.

 

Sehun sighed in content and held his daughter carefully, one hand on her growing belly. He felt the warmth radiating from it and smiled. Please take care of your mother when grandpa isn’t able to, ne? Be a man that would support your mom and make her happy. Grandpa loves you so much and I’ll always be here for the two of you. He whispered before letting the sleepiness take over him.





 

Five years later…


 

"Grandpaaa!!!!" Baekhyun cried and Sehun's eyes opened of the sound of his grandson's cries. The old man stood up from his rocking chair and followed the sound of cries in the garden. There, he saw the four year old sitting on the grassy ground crying, a small wound on his knee.

"Aigoo...This is why I told you not to run." Sehun said gently as he helped the little boy up and wiped his tears. Baekhyun, at the presence of his grandpa only cried louder, knowing that the old man would always be there to comfort him. He hugged his grandpa and Sehun patted his head for comfort before carrying him back to the veranda.

 

Baekhyun knew his mom would scold him if he ever knew he let his grandpa carry him again because he was getting heavier by the day and his grandpa was already old for the task but to the child, this would be an exception because his knee hurt and he knew his grandpa is strong. He didn't look sick like what his grandpa Luhan and his mom have been telling him.

To the four year old, Grandpa Sehun is the coolest and strongest grandpa there is. Yifan and Tao would beg to differ since, for the two, their grandpa Lulu is the best but Baekhyun knew better. No one can beat his grandpa ever.

 

Sehun settled his grandson on the sofa and smiled at the scolding look Yeojin was giving him. He only gave her an apologetic smile before defeatedly said "but he got hurt". Yeojin could only shake her head before getting the first aid kit to treat her son's injury.

 

"Don't worry champ. Your mom's getting the band aid with pororo on it. It will heal you faster." Sehun assured the teary eyed kid and sat by his side, ruffling his jet black hair he inherited from his mother. Baekhyun just nuzzled his tearstained face on his grandfather's side.

"Ani. Pororo won't heal it. Grandpa will." The four year old said and Sehun could only laugh. His grandson think of him too highly but what can he do? He is, after all, Baekhyun's favorite grandfather.

Yeojin returned with the first aid kit and treated the kid's wound before returning the kitchen, leaving the grandpa and the grandchild in the living room with ice cream in their hands.


 

The door opened and man in a suit came in smiling. "Hey Dad! Hey Baek!" Jongin, Yeojin's boyfriend and Sehun's apprentice, came in. He let his suitcase down beside the piano before carrying the needy Baekhyun who was telling him on how he fell and how his tiny wound bled and how his grandpa Sehun rescued him from death. Jongin patiently listened in enthusiasm while he sat with Sehun in the living room, entertaining the little Oh.

 

"How are you dad?" Jongin asked and Sehun only smirked in confidence.

"Awesome, Jongin. How's the company? I heard you've sealed a new deal again."

Jongin rubbed his nape shyly. "It was just a small deal, dad. Nothing to brag about." he said and Sehun smiled. Jongin is a great man and he has come to accept him after a year and a half of him and Yeojin wooing his fatherly heart. Kim Jongin is a great man and Sehun saw the love in his eyes whenever he looks at Yeojin and Baekhyun. Baekhyun might not be his own flesh and blood but Jongin adored him and treated him nothing but special.

 

The three stayed in the living room until Yeojin asked Jongin to help prepare the barbeque outside. Sehun watched his daughter and her boyfriend go out and prepare for the family gathering. His best friend Luhan and his family will be coming over with the new addition of their family, baby Yixing, Shu’s second son. Luhan was ecstatic and Sehun knew that best friend of his will be a er for his grandchildren like him.

The 50 year old man was patting his 4 year old grandson as he slept on his lap while he watches his daughter laugh with her boyfriend outside. Sehun was reminded by him and his wife with the way Jongin looks at his daughter. He can see the devotion in the boy’s eyes and Sehun’s untroubled about his daughter and grandson’s future with him even with him gone.

 

The doctors told him he wouldn’t last long but the year given to him back then turned to four more years. Sure, nothing in his condition changed and can only get worse but Sehun was at ease. He has long accepted his nearing death and the only thing that worried him was Yeojin and Baekhyun but with Jongin here, he feel he can happily sleep every night and not worry about not waking up the next day.

His eyes and ears were starting to lose it’s use but Sehun didn’t mention anything to his daughter. Yeojin and the others knew though and Sehun was aware of it. They just chose not to be vocal about it because even if everyone has accepted Oh Sehun’s fate, they couldn’t help but hurt still.

 

That evening, the Oh’s and Lu’s all gathered at the backyard of Oh’s mansion. The manner full of chatters and laughters, kids playing without any worries in the world while the others enjoyed everyone’s presence, catching up for their time apart.

Sehun sat beside the barbecue stove for warmth. The blanket Jongin covered him with wasn’t enough but he still smiled, not wanting to concern everyone in the gathering. Soon, Luhan sat beside him with a content smile and the both of them watched Baekhyun, Kris and Tao play tag around the table.

 

“Kids grow up so fast.” Luhan sighed. “I can’t carry Kris anymore. He won’t let me.” He whined and Sehun laughed at his best friend.

Luhan continued to whine and boast about his grandsons and wanting a granddaughter too while Sehun nodded and listened with a smile. He continued laughing and throwing short comments here and there even if he started to have his sight blurry and his ears stopped hearing. With his blurry and darkening sight, he could still tell his best friend of 25 years was still talking so he nodded, hummed and chuckled along despite of hearing nothing of it.

Then, Sehun felt little hands on his face and saw Baekhyun worriedly looking at him. He was speaking to him so he only nodded and smiled at the little child before ruffling his hair.

Sehun sat there for awhile and Luhan had left him because he had to accompany his grandson Tao somewhere. He was sure Luhan asked him if he’s going to be alright by himself so he nodded. Sehun then felt his hearing go back when he heard Jongin getting everyone’s attention.

There, the young man proposed to Yeojin and Youjin looked at her dad first. Sehun gave her an encouraging smile and it was then when Yeojin said her enthusiastic ‘Yes’. Both hugged and kissed while everyone cheered.

Yeojin was crying and Sehun struggled to stand up to comfort his daughter before congratulating his future son-in-law who was also in the verge of tears. After the emotional moment, Sehun took another moment to look at everyone. His jolly little man, Baekhyun, his daughter and her fiance who were busy tending to Baekhyun’s icing filled face, his best friend and his wife taking care of their grandsons and his daughters that was talking with their husbands. Sehun smiled despite of losing his hearing again, he was beginning to see darker but his smile never faltered.

 

Sehun turned when he felt a hand on his arm and smiled at his beloved daughter. Reading her lips, Sehun assured her that she was fine. “I’m just tired.” He told, despite of not hearing even his own voice. “Sweetie, do you mind if dad takes a nap? I’ve been feeling very tired lately.” he wanted to say and hoped he succeeded on saying it because he couldn’t hear himself. Yeojin seemed taken aback but nevertheless nodded.

He then gave her a kiss on the temple before making his way inside all the way to his room. He then laid there with a smile before closing his eyes.



 

Jongin saw the worried face his fiancee made and went to her quickly. Both of them watched Sehun go his way inside the mansion.

“He said he’s taking a nap.” Yeojin said in a broken voice, before letting the tears flow. Jongin could only pull her into an embrace. The others, Luhan, his wife, the twins and their partners, were discreetly aching, not wanting the unsuspecting kids to know.

Zhen looked at the smiling Baekhyun who was being chased by Tao and prayed the kid is strong enough to get through what’s about to come.

 

Yeojin tried to enjoy the last moments of the gathering but failed. Soon, Baekhyun started looking for his grandfather and she answered in full honesty that he was ‘napping’. The young Oh, feeling uneasy, ran towards the mansion to see his grandfather who was indeed asleep in one of the sofas. He smiled at the old man before going to him to wake him up so he could sleep better in his room.

Baekhyun tried and tried walking up his grandpa but failed in doing so.

 

Yeojin could only cry in Jongin’s arms as everyone watched Baekhyun try waking the old man up. Soon, the frustration of the child turned into fear and then came the realization. Yeojin then help her son as both of them wept for their loss along with the whole family. Even the infant Yixing cried with them.



 

Three years later…

 

Jongin and Yeojin sat at the long table in front of everyone. She was wearing a beautiful white gown and Jongin was matching hers with a white suit. The two newly weds smiled at their guests who were sitting at the tables around them. Baekhyun was in his little man’s suit, playing with his cousin in Jongin’s parents table.

 

https://youtu.be/WQDLu0tRASI

Soon, the two were called for the first dance and everyone cooed at them. It lasted for a whole song and the two were all smiles, looking at each other lovingly while they sway along with the song. Then, when the song ended, Jongin stepped back with a smile. Then, the next song came in making Yeojin gasp and got teary eyes immediately.

 

Yeojin heard footsteps beside him and turned to see her son smiling widely at him. He held a hand before bowing. “May I have this dance, milady?” He said and Yeojin couldn’t help but burst into tears as she held her son who tried his best to sway the both of them together. Jongin watched his family lovingly and silently prayed for Sehun to keep watching them forever.

 

Yeojin was a sobbing mess as they danced along with the song, her memories with her father came all at once.

 

Yeojin missed a lot of things during her childhood because of her father’s overprotectiveness. One of them was missing the senior prom. She remembered how frustrated she was back then and cried on her way back home when she saw her classmates busily preparing for the said event. She was prepared to throw tantrums and sulk at her father back then but everything changed when she opened the door to their mansion.

 

The mansion was decorated extravagantly and one of their maids was holding up a pretty dress for her to put. Seeing how beautiful it was, Yeojin’s anger was forgotten. After changing to the dress and getting help with makeup, she was then guided to the dining hall where he saw his father all dressed up handsomely. A beautiful set of meals was in the table waiting for her too.

 

Then, a song started playing and her father walked towards her before kneeling and offering her a hand gallantly. “May i have this dance, milady?” he asked and Yeojin beamed at her father as she took his hand. Both of them danced along with the song smiling with each other.

“You look like your mother more and more, sweetie.” He said and Yeojin felt happy at the mention of her mother. Her dad rarely talk about her but she understood where he was coming from. “I’m sorry I couldn’t let you go to that prom. You don’t mind dancing with your old man for now, right? I still can’t tolerate the fact of you dancing with other guys, let alone those kids who doesn’t even know how to make a curriculum vitae. Just this time, ne?”

 

Yeojin knew ‘just this time’ was a lie but she smiled nonetheless. Prom night spent with her dad, them dancing, having dinner in their own mansion, talking and laughing together is better than any prom and dance she’ll ever miss.

That night, Yeojin realized that the best dance partner and prom date she can ever have is her father himself.