Prologue

Not Even You

Sanghyuk never would have thought that one day—on a particularly warm one, actually—he would meet someone who is as weird as Jaehwan.

 

But, to tell the truth, he should have seen it coming, because when he woke up that day, shuffled out into the kitchen with one of his socks missing, the right leg of his boxer briefs ridden up on his thigh, eyes sticky with sleep and hair so tousled had someone seen him they would have thought he had got electrocuted—when he sat down with a new box of banana-chocolate cereal and filled his favourite bowl with it, he had to face strawberry pieces and yoghurt balls instead of what he had expected. He spent some moments trying to comprehend what was going on (blinked at the cereal a few times as if that would have turned it into banana-chocolate flavoured), and then checked the box about six times, each time concluding that something went wrong at the cereal factory. He considered calling the number displayed under the ingredients, but then decided to go along with this strange offering from life, and poured some soy milk on the strawberry-yoghurt flavoured cereal which, in the end, tasted much better than the banana-chocolate one.

 

And that is exactly how it happened when he met Jaehwan as well (except for the soy milk part).