INTRODUCTIONS

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to: Labyrinth-, christina914, Ryuu3108, Mailha & dreamingstars

Thank you guys so much for your rocking upvote~~

my lovely readers~My love for every single one of you guys goes beyond the stars━━━★

 

T W E N T Y - S I X

I N T R O D U C T I O N S

We didn’t see Nicole until seconds before the pack meeting began, she seated on the top of Lukas’ car, her legs thrown over Mark’s lap, enjoying his obvious frustration at his bodies reaction of her touch. Muffling my shared smile with Jungkook in, who sits shotgun, I swung my car into a spot between a pretty blue Prius and Lukas’ massive white truck.

Pack meetings were utterly underwhelming in my pack. We didn’t have an official meeting house so we found a flat field in a section of my property just off the apartments and positioned the cars in a circle.

Children played in center, watched carefully by their parents, their laughter carrying over the tense atmosphere and relaxing the frowns on some of the pack fighter’s faces. “Well, this is anti-climactic,” Jungkook says. His eyes are covered by a pair of dark sunglasses, but I can tell his eyes are scanning the surroundings.

I shrug, putting the car into park, “Back in ia on Four territory, we weren’t allowed a formal meeting place so we just randomly chose a place and circled our cars.” Jungkook turns to me, opening his mouth, but I cut him off quickly. “Nervous?”

I turn the engine off. Most of the pack has realized there alpha has arrived, but they respectfully ignore us. All except for Kaiden and his wife Jennifer, who had just recently given birth to healthy baby boy. They smile and wave.

“Not at all,” Jungkook grins at me, “I hyperventilate all the time.”

I wave back at the couple and watch Kaiden fix another over his wife and their son.

Laughing, I slide my hand over his arm in a way that I know will calm his wolf down, “Don’t worry, baby, I’ll protect you.” I smirk and Jungkook mock glares at me.

Reaching up, I snatch the sunglasses of his nose and toss them us in the back. “They’re going to want to see your face,” I explain, "And why do you even need sunglasses? It's like sixty degrees out."

Jungkook shrugs, but he looks nervous.

I sigh, "Come on cowboy, let’s just get this over with." I push my car door open. All pack mates in sight acknowledge with a short not. I grin widely then turn and notice Jungkook still hasn't gotten out of the car. Jogging around the front, I open him, "Are you coming?" I ask, pretending not to notice the stares.

It was weird seeing Jungkook like this, to think that I was so nervous all alone but now with Jungkook beside me, low-key flipping out, a feeling of confidence flooded through me giving me a feeling of calm.

★★★

"Hello, I'm Jasper Lee, alpha of pack L1004."

Introducing Jungkook wasn't as terrifying as I had imagined. At first there was a lot of bristling fur and suspicion but after twenty minutes of patiently answering questions, Jungkook charmed the pants off at least seventy percent of my pack and I had faith that as time passed the rest of them would follow.

I pinched Jungkook’s side as we moved to switched places on my car. He brushed a finger under the hem of my shirt in response and I almost jumped out of my pants.

“Okay,” I sighed in relief, happy that this whole fiasco was over and none of my pack looked ready to attack, “Now that this whole mate thing is over, let’s move on to the more pressing matter at hand. Cade. I’m sure a lot of you guys can already sense his proximity.” The previous calm that Jungkook’s presence had elicited evaporated like mist at the four lettered name.

I motion for Kaiden to start his explanation. He stands up on his massive white pickup and begins explaining everything from the rumors that started me on my tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter