Chapter 1

A dream of a musician

The most awaited day have come and with it came tears of joy and happiness. A snap was heard as jonghyun along with his parents and his lovely sister sodam took a picture on the day Jonghyun finally graduated from university. With a dream of studying music, jonghyun have always worked hard to attain the name of a musician and a brilliant one on top of that. With his intrusiveness together with the help of his family jonghyun was able to accomplish his dream and graduate from an elite university the one and only Seoul University. Tears could be seen running down his parents proud faces and a smile drawn beautifully on his sister's face. This moment can never be anymore wonderful.

 

3 years later....

 

"Jonghyun!!!" Yelled jonghyun's boss angrily.

 

Falling down from his chair jonghyun woke up with a start from his boss annoyed voice infront of his office room where he worked on his music.

 

"Yes sir, I was just taking a nap I'll go back to composing now" said jonghyun while the hair at the back of his neck a habit he developed at a young age.

 

His boss that goes by the name of Jinki never failed to scare the daylight out of jonghyun but he always maintained his composure in front if him and never showed his weakness.

 

Despite the smile he had on his face next to his seniors, Jinki always maintained a straight face with his juniors and never dropped formalities with any of his colleagues. Jinki had that alluring aura around him with his dashing looks and mysteriousness he had female left and right fall for him. But his dedication for his work is what made jonghyun respect him. Jinki at the young age of 30 being one of the very important composer/lyricist at SM entertainment was respected by many and feared by the others. Being a musician just like jonghyun he had all the talent and everyone envied him and so did jonghyun.

 

"well you better go back to work if you don't want your songs to be refused like the last one!!" Replied Jinki

 

With a bow "i will try harder to write the perfect song this time don't worry" said Jonghyun. 

 

"You always say that and your sorry won't get you anywhere, so make sure to write a good song this time or hell will come in the form of Key" growled jinki angrily. 

 

Key was another story. He was the most feared person in the composing department with his amazing knowledge in both music and fashion and his bluntness he scared people left and right and held a grudge on jonghyun for spilling coffee on his levis. Since then Key never as much glanced at him and gave him the hardest idols to work with. Yes SM entertainment was great but it brought jonghyun sorrow in the past 2 years of him working there.

 

After his graduation Jonghyun wished to find a job that doesn't result in fame nor the possibility of losing his security so rather than being a singer or an "idol" he decided on becoming a composer/lyricist and even a vocal trainer. He started firstly as a vocal trainer in a small music institute and became the most sought for coach and his popularity soon hit the roof as he became the best vocal trainer in the neighborhood of hyehwa-dong in seoul where he was born and raised. After his unpredictable fame jonghyun soon became the talk of town, and was then scouted by an employee from SM entertainment. And now 2 years later jonghyun at the age 26 is the talk of the department for being on the top list of jinki and key most hated employee..

 

What he did wrong to jinki, jonghyun never knew and it seemed that jinki had hated him ever since he came for the first time 2 years back. 

 

"I'm sorry for causing any trouble sunbae-nim I'll do better next time" replied jonghyun politely.

 

"whatever just do your work properly" said jinki as he left jonghyun.

 

With a sigh jonghyun went back to his work.. 

 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Jinki POV

Aghhh this composer always brings me a headache his annoying voice with his annoying face ruins my day all the time. Why do I have to work with these kind of people is beyond my understanding. I need to drink something now I'm getting thirsty. 

 

"Sunbae-nim!!" I heard someone yelling behind me while i was walking down the hallway. It turned out to be taemin the new intern running. As taemin stopped he took a few long breathes before he started talking. " sunbae-nim Key is looking for you he said he needs you immediatly" said the young intern. I wondered out loud "why would he need me?" "He said its non of my business when I asked him" said taemin sheepishly. 

 

"Okay, thank you for informing me now go back to your work" I said while walking to Key's office located at the end of the hallway. I'll get the drink later now lemme go and check on kibum. 

 

Key was the only person I had ever dropped my facade with as he was a childhood friend and a very dear person to my heart. I stepped inside the office while whistling to a song I heard in the morning. 

 

"See who finally thought of paying me a visit" said Key while typing on his phone. 

 

"You know how busy I am kibum, and jonghyun is giving me a headache again" I said as I sat down on the chair in front of kibum's desk.

"When did he not jinki you're always talking about that jerk who ruined my jeans so please stop" 

"Well those jeans were horrible I'm glad he ruined them" 

key gave me the most hideous glare ever but when does he not..

"Okay whatever as if you know fashion more than I do. Now lemme go straight to my point. I guess you're wondering why I called you right? 

"Yes I am, you rarely call me to your office" I said while swirling a pen. 

"So the head of the production department suggested a trip to jejo island in celebration for the success of Red Velvets new album, and all of his and our team are going to come. On top of that, all of the expenses are paid for! You know it's time for me to get laid I guess this is the perfect time and it's summer we can enjoy the beach it is so beautiful over there" gleamed key as he spoke about the trip.

"Aghhhh key" I grumbled "you know how I hate going to trips. You of all people know how the last one ended"

"Hahaha of course I remember how can I forget how you got so drunk and vomited on that very beautiful lady from the financial department what was her name again Nicole?...Sojin?" Laughed key as he talked about the worst day of jinki's life.

"Her name was Yuna and please stop laughing!" I said as key stopped laughing

"Okay so I already told everyone about the the trip through an email, but can you just gather them to suggest some stuff we can do over there like games or places we can go to"

"Who said I was in for this I'm not really up for a trip"

"I'm not asking for a favor jinki you have to do this we don't need your moping self right now we need more ideas to compete with the production team and what happened last time was 4 years back you need to forget"

I looked at key with a pleading look and he gave me a very serious one.

"Aish..whatever I'll go talk to them now. It seems this headache will never go away" with a last pleading look at key I left his office towards the meeting room.

"Hey Yura can you go and tell the composers to come to the meeting room I need to tell them something" I told the rookie employee walking by.

"Sure sunbae-nim"

I saw them entering the room one by one. I cleared my throat to gain their attention.

"So I gathered you here today to tell you more about the trip we're having next weekend that I'm sure you know about. I need you're help in to find knew ideas for games we can play over there or places we can go and see. If any of you has an idea please share it with us" I said in front of the now curious employees.

"Sir can we suggest anything?" Said a deep voice that goes by the name yongguk.

"Yeah sure" I replied back.

"So can we go to a strip club I know a very nice one there" said a voice while giggling.

"No Mir not to that extent we don't need problems to arise, or articles on how SM employees are having fun in a strip club!" I said sternly.

"You're no fun sir" replied Mir 

"So anymore more suggestions that doesn't involve risking our jobs"

I saw a small hand rising up from the back and it doesn't belong to anyone other than jonghyun. "Yes jonghyun any ideas?"

"Umm well sir I used to always go there every summer so I know a lot of places in jejo-do. We can go and look at the blooming yellowseed flowers by the coast or hike up the Dragon's Tail. We can go horse riding at the beach! And....yeah!! We can also go fishing or take a ferry to Udo island it's very beautiful over there" said jonghyun excitedly. 

"nice suggestions jonghyun I like it so now I guess we don't have to worry we have a jejo-do expert over here" I said while smiling a bit.

With a shy like smile jonghyun thanked me. "No problem now I need you to write down the places you just talked about and send it to me" I said to jonghyun. "For the others suggest games we can play over there and games that doesn't involve us getting arrested, send it to me by the end of the day" I said to the rest.

"Yes Sir" 

"You can go now"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Jonghyun's POV 

After being dismissed by jinki we headed back to our own offices. The smile jinki gave me earlier made my heart race. Jinki had never directed a smile towards me and it's very confusing. The way his lips curve up and smile turns into these small crescents made me realise why female fell for him. I really hope whatever problem he has with me is solved now I thought while strolling back to my office.

"This trip is going to be amazing I'm sure of it" i thought out loud.

"Who knows Jinki might end up vomiting  like the last time" said a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Mir standing with a small laugh hidden behind his hand.                               

"What happened last time?" i asked

"Jinki vomited on one of the financial department workers she was very beautiful that day and people now know her as the one Jinki vomited on" said Mir laughing loudly.

"Ahh so that's why Jinki never showed up in any of the trips we took in the years I've been working here" i said

"Yeah well he never liked going to them because of that incident. I hope nothing happens this time around" said Mir while going back to his workplace. 

So jinki embarrassed himself in front of half of the employees i never knew him like that. 

Evening came around and it was finally the time to go back home and snuggle in bed with Roo. I stepped out of my office carrying some papers in one hand and my ice americano in the other.

I strolled down the lobby and as i was about to go out a voice behind me called me making me stop.

"Jonghyun!! Wait a second" said the voice again and as i turned i saw jinki  walking fastly towards me. Surprised i stood properly and greeted him.

"Hello Sir"                           

"Jonghyun i need you to help me with something. I told you before to send  me places to go to but can you also write a notice on what people have to bring and what not to bring" said Jinki with one breath.                     

"Sure, i can do that"    

"Good. You'll also include all the games and the things we'll be doing there. Thank god i saw you or i would have given this job to Mir i don't really like him"                                                 

"He seems weird most of the time its good you found me.  He told me what happened to you 4 years back"

"What did he say" said Jinki while turning red.

"He said how you vomited on this lady....."

"Stop. Stop please stop" Jinki interupted me.

"Don't talk about this in front of me" 

"Okay sir, I'm sorry"                         

"Don't be now go I'm sure i stopped you from doing something"

"No problem sir i was just heading back to my house" 

"Oh well then have a good evening Jonghyun"

"You too sir" i replied back. 

Heading back to my house i thought of how jinki became a little bit softer while talking to me and i think i like it. 

 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Dragon's Tail- a hill..I don't know if anyone watches superman is back but it's the one where the triplets and jion climbed with their fathers when they went to jejo-do.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So here is the first chapter! I hope you like it. More of jongyu will occur in the next chapter♡♡ your comments help me know what I lack in so please do comment ^^