Bubble Tea

Love, Haneul (사랑의, 하늘)

“Kim Haneul?”

I looked to my right and saw Sungjoon sitting next to me, I was stunned and my pen fell to the ground. He gently picked it up and placed it on my desk, “How’d you…”

“There was your name on the pen I borrowed yesterday,” he smiled.

 

Nice, he knew my name through my pen.

 

“I add you through SNS, chat with me sometimes okay?” he returned facing the front, the teacher also came at the same time.

During free period, I hung out at the library alone while arranging books at the back. Minseo was supposed to be with me but she had a crazy idea for the carnival, so she was doing whatever it takes to persuade Mr. Jang.

 

While I was reaching the top of the bookshelf, my pocket vibrated. I took out my phone and opened SNS.

It was from Sungjoon, my frown turned upside down.

 

Bang Sungjoon (10:08M)

Where are you?

 

Kim Haneul (10:09AM)

At the library, why?

 

Bang Sungjoon (10:09AM)

I want to meet you :)

 

Kim Haneul (10:09AM)

Sure, I'll be here until 11 xD

 

Oh my gosh, he’s coming! He’s on his way! I should look pretty, where’s the mirror? I don’t even have a mirror with me.

“There you are,” Sungjoon appeared beside me, I jumped a little and leaned back pretending I was leaning on the bookshelf. “You seem tensed,” he sounded like he was mocking.

“No, what brings you here.” I cleared my throat, placed my hands on my hips and looked at him with slight intimidation.

 

“I was wondering after school, wanna go get bubble tea?” he grinned, I was head over heels. I was going insane on the inside, I would love to! I wanna hang out with him. Just then, when I was about to answer, he leaned closer. His left hand was on the bookshelf, right beside my ear and his right index finger moved a strand of hair away from my face.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” he pinched my nose and walked away. How lame he was, trying to make me go mental with whatever he was doing. But… it worked though.

 

I must be crazy.

 

 

When school was over, I changed clothes and hoped it will turn out great. The da— I mean out hang out.

I quickly went down the stairs to avoid suspiciousness from my family, I succeed thankfully. I left a note saying I would be out for a while and won’t be late. I texted Sungjoon that I was on my way, he didn’t reply right away and I was cool with that. I rode the bus until the place where we supposed to meet.

 

I waited near a local restaurant, the restaurant me and Minseo used to go when we were little. It was already eight in the evening, and he was nowhere to be found or heard.

 

Was he blowing me off?

 

I was about to walk away when a pair of hands touched my wrist, it was Sungjoon. “I’m sorry I was late, I walked instead of taking the bus.”

“It’s okay, let’s go get that bubble tea you’re gonna treat me.” I smirked and walked ahead, I heard him scoffed. We walked two blocks and the bubble tea store was bright and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on my favorite green tea.

 

“So, are you interested in anyone?” he asked while looking at his drink, I looked at him weirdly and took a sip of my tea. He didn’t look attentive when I was about to answer but I purposely became quite.

The song of Boys Republic was on and I hummed to it, Sungjoon was still occupied by staring at his drink. “Why’d you ask?” I broke the silence.

“Nothing, I just wanna know,” he eye smiled. I felt as if my chest was in pain and at the same time jumpy. It stung, in an odd way.

 

Out of all guys I met, why my heart jumps when I was with him. I mean, we just met yesterday and now – no… I shall not think of it. Better yet, I would never.

But him, he’s different. He’s friendly, easy to talk to and outgoing. He’s got everything a girl wants but I don’t know what to feel.

 

“I’ll send you home, come on it’s getting late.” I didn’t even get to finish my tea, Sungjoon stood up and started walking. I chugged down my last tea and followed him, “It’s not even 9,” I said. But he stopped.

“Hmm, I didn’t think you want more.” He chuckled when he saw my expression.

I tried to maintain a straight look, but whatever he does and says made it melt. We didn’t talk much on our way back home. Mostly, I looked at the ground and at him and back to the ground.

“We’re here,” he stopped and I didn’t mean to bump into him. Wow, we’re at my house already?

 

“I’ll see you at school tomorrow, good night.” He hugged me, I hugged him back but I felt something… something I could not explain. And at that night, we continued to chat online.

 

To Be Continued