A crumpled letter

Infinity

* * * 

The sunlight crept through the window, making my eyes open slowly in disbelief. 
 

''What is this?" I whispered to myself before looking out at the lake nearby, rubbing my eyes and wrapping myself with the warm blanket.

 I could clearly see the shimmering reflection of the sun on the mesmerizing surface of the water.

 

 ''Since when is the weather actually nice here''
 

  Having arrived yesterday I was still quite tired and being woken up this early by a thing that I couldn't yell at was quite bothersome. I guess living in the big city had some influence on me, having a day without yelling at your neighbor for disturbing your so called 'peace' was a somewhat miracle. 

I headed out as soon as I changed my clothes and grabbed an apple to eat on the way to the bridge over the lake.  The day before I really didn't have much time to explore the surroundings nor did anyone come to greet me. People just kept staring from the other side of the lake. At the time I wanted to head back home to my tiny apartment in L.A. but something deep down inside of me really wanted to find out who sent me here and why. 
There was really something bothering me about this...

I sat on the bridge and opened the letter I had received back home.
 

'' There is no name or anything..'', I sighed feeling hopeless and threw it a few meters away from me.
 

 '' What does that person even mean by forgotten?''
 

I looked at my own reflection and frowned before throwing a rock at it. The moment I got up I saw that the crumpled letter right next to my foot and picked it up before putting it back in my pocket.            
                                                                             

                                                                                          * * *