Chapter 3 .

Stolen Goods .

Chapters 3.

Stolen Goods.

 

"Chunji are you sure you can do this-- Ouch! No, you can't! Stop!"

 

"I can do it probably if you stop figeting!" 

 
"My face is going to be ruined!"
 
"Damn it woman just let me put on this eyeliner for you!"
 
Ricky adjusted his tie and looked at the bickering two, sighing extremely louding for their ears to hear. As clear as the blue skies that shone that day, Jiyeon wasn't a fan of jazz nor was she a person who loved to play dress up, regardless of whether or not she was on a mission.
 
The older male was already having a hard time as it was, just trying to make her sit still in her long sleeved mini black laced dress, the lace pattern running from over her shoulders and down her arms. An arm looped around her waist, making her look up with a glare of annoyance. 
 
"What, Byunghun?"
 
"So touchy today, woman." He chuckled, flicking his fringe to the side.
 
L.Joe then swiveled her chair around, making sure her knees were locked between his legs and he bent down, cupping his hands over her cheeks.
 
"Hey.." He began, eyes directly focusing on hers. "Tonight's going to be difficult, I need you to really look the part to be convincing alright? Just let Chunji do his job."
 
Jiyeon blew a raspberry at him, pushing him away and turning the chair back to face Chunji, not making another sound, making as little complains as possible.
 
"She only listens to that ." Chunji snickered as he smudged out her eyeliner, making her click at her tongue at him.
 
The exact second that finished on the timer was when Jiyeon pushed through the doors with Niel by her side, arms looped through each other as they posed as a couple. The stunning looking couple made heads turn as they entered the place, their eyes scanning the entire place just how they were trained to, picking up the littlest of details and making sure the exits were exactly where Ricky had told them. No harm making sure of such things during missions, Jiyeon thought as she met eyes with people in the area, polite smiles being exchanged as they manoeuvred through the exhibits.

The museum was decorated with dimmed fairy lights, wires after wires of those lightings strung up on the ceiling, creating a comfortable yet sophisticated atmosphere within the entire area, music played through the speakers at a minimal volume.

“I can’t stand half the people here.” Jiyeon whispered to Niel while picking up a glass of champagne from the waiter’s drink tray as it passed by her, the drink taken out of her hands at once with a click of his tongue.

“Bear with it; we’re just here for the vase.” He said, taking a sip of the bubbly liquid.

“Mm,” She hummed in reply while grabbing Niel’s arm to hold her around her waist, causing an eyebrow to rise from the male. “If we’re going to act like a couple, might as well go all out for it, right?”

Niel laughed, keeping his hand rested against the side of her waist, leading her through the crowd, mingling with just a few other couples who seemed forced to be there at knife point, their faces were stoic and boring, with polite smiles and dead eyes.

“Such a fun group,” Jiyeon couldn’t keep the sarcasm out of her voice, eyes rolling halfway before a waiter caught her eye, making her gasp, turning her face to hide against Niel’s sidearm. “. Daniel, the waiter at my 6 o’clock, behind the elderly couple.”

Alert eyes flashed to the said person, Niel’s arm tightening around her waist. “Who?”

“Someone who might or might not know me from school.”

“We ran a check on the waiter list as well as anyone who was going to be here, there shouldn’t be anyone actually from your school.”

“I’m not mistaken,” she gritted her teeth while getting pulled away by her pretend partner, both of them escaping earlier than planned down a flight of stairs.

Niel pressed a finger to his ear, activating the speaker for the hearing transmission.

“Guys, we have a slight problem.”

The sound crackle softly before a voice was heard, Ricky's tone concered. "What's going on? Fill me in."

"Jiyeon says she saw someone from her school here, and she made it exceptionally clear that she's not mistaken."

"Well... . Don't bump into that person. Try your best not to, I doubt we could do anything from here about this." 

Niel nodded to no one in particular, feeling the connection cut once he removed his finger, then turning to Jiyeon who was peeking out to the crowded hall, "He says to avoid the person, to the best of our ablities."

She could only snort, shaking her head. "Smart, I wouldn't have thought of that."

A tray dropping to the ground outside made them both jump, glass shattering as a few feminine shierks were heard. With surprised eyes, Jiyeon and Niel looked at each other before quickly heading out, catching a scene of a group of waiters hurriedly clearing the area free of broken glass pieces, liquid all over the nicely polished floor.

"What a waste of drinks.. Oh, my god. Him! That's the schoolmate!" Jiyeon whispered as she tugged at Niel's arm, pointing discreetly at the waiter who was bowing to everyone in apology, his expression in complete distress as he helped the rest to clear the place. "I think he made the mess here."

They watched as the head waiter, or what seemed to be the manager or someone of higher authority than a waiter come out to sort the problem, his eyes angrily staring at the troublemaker.

"Minhyuk looks terrible."

"That's his name?" Niel muttered in question, head tilted as he tried to recall all those names in the waiter's list. "Don't remember it being in the list, he was probably a last-minute add on."

Blowing out a breath of air, the manger-person called B-Bomb into the kitchen area, blonde locks being combed back in nervousness, a sight that was too rare for Jiyeon to see in school that she started to follow them. Niel grabbed her by the wrist before she could go any further but she easily slipped out of reach.

"... just be a moment, Daniel, I swear." And just like that, she disappeared through the crowd, making Niel huff in slight annoyance. A moment was crucial in any context yet Jiyeon had forgotten all about the vase, following the familiar male behind the swing of kitchen doors, his blond hair all too obvious.

The earpiece in her ear suddenly went a little noisy with the urgent messages from Ricky saying that she shouldn't be going anywhere without Niel but she muted it immediately, stepping forth into the kitchen area, quickly walking through the place, weird looks getting thrown at her from the other waiters and chefs. She muttered apologies while dashing fourth to where Minhyuk disappeared round a corner, gasping when she did the same.

Jiyeon came face to face with a surprised Minhyuk.

"Oh god." She breathed out, not knowing what to do.

"Can I help you?" He questioned, looking her up and down. "I don't think you're allowed here, miss."

At that she suddenly let out a loud laugh, covering and when she looked up, Minhyuk was staring at her as if she grew a second head.

"Sorry, it's just, you called me, miss." Jiyeon casted him a slight wry smile. "Don't exactly think you remember me, but we're in the same school and we had detention once to--"

At this, Minhyuk straightened and shot her a cold hard look.

"You're from school? Why are you here- Oh, don't tell me... Are you here to blackmail me?"

"What?" Jiyeon frowned, not understanding his words.

"You probably saw what happened outside, and now you're going to blackmail me into doing something for you or you're going to tell the whole school? Go to hell."

"Hey, I just-" 

"LEE MINYUK." A booming voice came from behind, and the both of them got startled, turning around to come face to face with a red face fat man in a suit. "HOW DARE YOU CAUSE A SCENE OUTSIDE AT THIS BLACK TIE EVENT!?"

"Gihwang hyung, I can explain." Minhyuk just sighed, walking past Jiyeon to talk to the fuming person.

"NO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT, YOUR FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS."

"I don't think this is a matter that my father needs to be involved in."

"It was an accident wasn't it? Just leave it be." Jiyeon stepped beside Minhyuk, looking straight at the manager(or so it said on his name tag).

"And who are you to interrupt us, little lady? This doesn't concern you." 

"I'm sure your boss would love to hear what a bully you are to the employees." She snapped back with ease, making a little snicker come from Minhyuk.

"You- You!" The manager pointed a short stubby finger at her and she just smacked his hand away, a stoic expression on her face.

"Seems like you can't respect anyone around here properly. I was invited to this event and I assure you, you will be fired by the end of the week." Jiyeon shrugged and grabbed Minhyuk's arm to walk past the flabbergasted and speechless man.

Once they reached another quiet room, Jiyeon let go of Minhyuk and let out a loud breath of air. "I wasn't going to blackmail you, what made you think that?"

Minhyuk tried to figure out how she had switched between fierce and straight up in-your-face, then defeated and a little disappointed next, and she wasn't even talking about how she easily knocked his manager over. 

"Because... you're from our school. And everyone is either a fan of our group or a complete hater so since you weren't exactly jumping at the sight of me, I guessed the latter?"

"Well you're wrong." Tsking, Jiyeon took something out from her clutch and passed it to Minhyuk. It was a packet of tissue. "Some of the drinks seem to have gotten on your shirt, better try to get it out as possible or it's going to leave a stain."

She nodded and chuckled at his dumbfounded expression, turning to leave from the room. "I have to go and you can too, I don't think your manager will like to see you around any longer."

"Yeah alright."

Taking one last look at the blonde male, she just smile and hurried out to meet once again with Niel, switching on the audio transmitting device in her ear and being greeted with a very loud "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU" being hissed into the mic by Niel.

"I could ask you the same damn question." She muttered, going through the throng of people who stood around the dance floor which had opened up during her time away, couples dancing away to the soothing music.

"Near the stairs. We need to go up and fast, the alarms are being reset in 5 minutes." At once, her eyes located his leaning figure, and walked as quickly and as gracefully as possible to him. 

"Only take a minute?" He rolled his eyes at her, making Jiyeon smack him on the arm. "Drop it, Daniel, I had to make him leave so he wouldn't suspect anything."

"Well I hope whatever you did, worked because," Niel glanced to the side at a couple of security guards walking up, then down at his watch. "They, are getting ready to change shifts. And while they do, we only have 2 minutes in and out, tops."

Nodding, she lopped her arm with Niel and they walked up to the second level, looking as naturally fitted into the classy atmosphere with polite words being exchanged when meeting with other couples coming down the steps. When they reached the other floor, Niel gave a look around before the both of them disappeared behind the fire escape's excess door.

 


 

A/N: Wooooooah, it's really about time this got updating, huh? Yeap yeap, this story is coming back alive.