First lesson

Will I fall for him?

          I am here again, alone, trapped in my own world, my own imagination. This is the place where I always create art, where I let my hand flow on the paper or on the canvas, contouring my deepest thoughts with colors. I usually come here during lunch breaks... people are too noisy,especially when the "popular group" comes in the cafeteria.The girls are ecstatic every time those bad boys show up. I have already learned their names because of their fan girls' screaming voices: Baekhyun please take a seat! Sehun eat from my meal!
                       So I always end up here, in the back of the schoolyard, sitting in a room with  the old classroom desks, and painting whatever I wanted to. I loved how I could just open the window and smell the perfume of the white lilies planted by the gardening club, my favorite flowers. 
                      Today, I decided to paint one of the lilies, the one which starts blossoming, knowing that the lunch break ends in 40 minutes. I took my black crayon and sketched the perfect form of the flower. I was again disconnected from reality, sinking in my own world full of the colors of my mind. I was tracing the lily' s petal perfectly , when someone opened the door violently . I looked at the figure who was now breathing heavily and heard a voice shouting his name as he slowly closed the door:
                      "You won't get away with this, Sehun!"
                      Sehun... wasn't that the name of one of the "popular guys"? I found myself staring at him, trying to remember if I have ever seen him before, instead of just hearing his name in every conversation between girls.Now I remember overhearing something.He's the one that is always cheating on girls, or just breaking up with them for no reason, just because he says "it's fun"or "I just got bored".I don't even know why girls like him so much. Do they think they can change him? There was no doubt that I was standing in the same room with this jerk.
                      "Excuse me, what do you think you are doing?" I said with a bored tone so that he could see how annoying I thought he was. "I am busy so would you mind..." I couldn't finish my sentence because he covered my mouth with his hand whispering a "shh".
                       I just looked at his face which was now dominated by fear.
                      "I think he's gone now. It's okay."
                     "What was that all about? I was painting and then you came in and disturbed all the silence!"
                      "I'm sorry, alright? I just didn't want to get caught. By the way I'm Sehun."
                    Frowning hearing the words " I'm sorry" from his mouth, I wondered if this is the Sehun all the girls are talking about. He seemed to be friendly, the complete opposite of the bad guy they had described. Thinking all of these, I didn't even realize that he was touching my drawing:
                       "Woah...this is amazing...You really like lilies, don't you?"
                    I continued thinking until he waved at me, trying to ask "are you there?".
                   "Alright. So, I want to know why you are here, who was that man shouting your name, yes, I love lilies and please don't touch my drawing the color is going to fade."
                 He took his hand away and stared blankly out of the window.
               "Ehm...I kind of stole a canvas from the paining teacher's office because I don't waste my money on such things.I'm not good at drawing and we have some kind of exam next week.We have to sketch something on a canvas...not that I care but the director told me that if I keep missing the exams he's gonna expel me. Not that I care about that too, but I like my life here. I'm pretty popular,don't you think,........?
                "Bethany."
                 "Ok. Bethany"
            I was still shocked that the most popular boy in this school was talking to me. He didn't seem the type that would do something so horrible to  a girl.
                  "This is obviously your drawing." He pointed to the floral paining and then looked at me. "If you help me pass my exam, I'll let you hang around me one whole day."
                 No.I was wrong.He really was what the girls were saying. Hang around him one whole day? Was that supposed to be a reward?
                "What? Why would I want to be your little puppy for one day? Are you insane?Alright, I know how popular you are but I actually don't care. If you are popular, this doesn't mean that you can have all you want.And no, I'm not going to help you. Work hard on your own,have you ever heard of this?"
                   He frowned hearing my response and watched me taking my stuff and leaving.
               The day ended with me staying in bed and pondering over all that had happened. This boy was indeed full of himself. Maybe if I were a normal girl I would have begged him to let me stay by his side one day. But I wasn't. I looked at my painting of the lily and saw some fingerprints on the lily's leaf and remembered that he had touched it. I told him not to! What a  guy.
              The next day found me staying again in the backyard room, continuing on sketching the petals of my flower. 
              "I knew it! I knew I would find you here, again!"
              A familiar face was now standing in front of me. Sehun. I turned around trying to leave but he closed the door forcing me to stay.
             "Please help me with my exam! I promise I'll do whatever you want"
             "How about you leave me alone and never talk to me again?"
              "Alright, I know I was selfish when I said that you can hang around me one day, but I didn't know that you are an anomaly and don't like the popular group..."
               "Anomaly?What does that mean?You really are a jerk, aren't you?"
             "But please help me with my exam.If you help me I promise to..."
             "I don't need anything, ok? If I am going to help you, I'll just do it because I want to. I don't need your stupid rewards. Now sit down.I'll teach you how to sketch this flower."
                He thanked me and looked like he was the happiest human on Earth.I just murmured a "whatever",being so relieved that he stopped begging and pointed to the chair beside me.
              Giving him a black crayon,we start tracing the lines of the lily. He doesn't seem to understand, but I show him slowly, trying my best not to become annoyed.
                "So tell me, Bethany, why do you hate us?"
                 "You just told me that I'm an anomaly!"
                 "Well,most of the girls would have liked to be in your shoes when I told you that we can hang around together a whole day."
      I didn't respond.I didn't even know why I was helping him.I think I was curios about what he can say more about my personality.Or I just wanted him to realize that not everybody likes him. The atmosphere was now dominated by silence...not for too long.
                "Of all the girls who like you and are so in love with you, why would you want me to teach you this?"
                 "Because you're interesting."
              Did I hear well?He said I was interesting.And what is that supposed to mean?
                  "I'll tell you something.I give you at least a week before you fall for me."
           This was so selfish it made me sick.
               "And if I don't?" 
               "I'll tease you until you do."