Thunder

How to fall for an in two days

 

The storm had started in a blink on an eye. The wind was blowing like crazy, bending trees easily back and forth. Thunder rolled in the sky, resurfacing easily above angry shouts of a fight.  Heavy rain started pouring and Luhan could hardly see anything over 5 meters away.

Sehun sighed in annoyance. He stepped closer to Luhan, grabbing his wet wrist.

"Let's go."  Luhan managed to hear him say. He snatched his hand from Sehun's hold violently.

The way Sehun looked at him was a lot scarier than a second ago, with those serious almost black eyes and the lightning reflects from them. Though Luhan will never admit it.

Sehun grabbed him more firmly and before Luhan could say that no, hell he is not going anywhere with him, Sehun started dragging him away from the beach. "I know a place nearby where we can finish this without dying from Pneumonia," he said without turning back. "So shut up and follow."

Eventually, Luhan stopped resisting him.

 

Luhan is a pain in the , who is actually the son of Sehun's boss in the first place.

How did he find himself babysitting? Sehun has no idea. He does know that he is probably the most screwed up er on earth because he is stuck with him for at least one whole day – boss's personal request - Luhan came for a visit, so his father asked Sehun to show him around the city a bit. (Boss, thank you so much for giving me the vacation I asked for.)   

Sehun is an office worker, not a tour guide, especially not for a rude, childish and spoiled little brat like Luhan. Are they even the same age? You must be ing kidding me. No wonder he needs somebody to be responsible for him.

Every single thing that came out of Luhan's mouth found its way to get on Sehun's nerves. No freaking filters, not even basic manners. Not-quite-patient Sehun defiantly couldn’t get along with that crappy attitude.

Luhan didn’t feel any better about Sehun, the annoying twenty-year-old office worker from his father's company. He told his dad thousand times he doesn’t even want any company when he comes to visit, but here dad, see? My day is all ruined now. 

 

They entered a dark place, both soaked to the bone. Sehun reached for the light switch but the lights refused to work. The storm must have knocked the power out. How surprising.

For a couple of seconds they were surrounded by complete darkness. Soon enough, small flames from the fireplace started to illuminate the room, revealing Sehun's figure crouching in front of it, fueling the fire.

Luhan was still standing near the door, trembling strongly, looking around the place. It was a small and simple cabin, containing a tiny kitchen, even smaller bathroom and a living room, if you can call it that – an old sofa, a small now-useless television and a dresser.

"What is this p-place?" Luhan asked through chattering teeth.

"Our family's beach cabin." Sehun answered from his place in front of the fireplace. "It seems we will be staying here for a while."

"I-I don’t want to be h-here."

Sehun stood up slowly. "Well, it's not perfect for me either." He turned to Luhan. "Do you have any other ideas?"

Luhan stayed silent. 

As Sehun approached the dresser in the other side of the room, Luhan timidly set down near the fireplace, rubbing his hands in front of the fire to get warmed up.

This place was old, his closed were all wet and ruined and he felt so uncomfortable he wanted to scream. Why do I deserve all this!? When this stupid storm is going to end?

"Here." A towel and a dry shirt landed on Luhan's head.

"What is this?" Luhan looked up at Sehun's direction.

Sehun kept rummaging through the dresser. "Change your clothes. You'll catch a cold or something worse."

Luhan watched as Sehun loosed his tie and started ing his shirt. It was stuck to his milky skin because of the rain, revealing surprisingly board back and shoulders. Instead, he put on a simple dark blue t-shirt that somehow really complemented his skin and figure.

Kinda. Maybe.

Luhan glanced at the shirt in his hands – a white simple t-shirt which was several sizes too big, and it had a fain scent of Sehun.  

"We are lucky to find those, we don't use this place too often, so…" handle it quietly please, he said before Luhan could protest, because he surely would have.  He closed the drawers and headed to the kitchen.

 

Sehun was actually sure Luhan is going to start another fight by refusing to wear something as cheap as this shirt. He seemed quite sullen and obviously displeased from the whole situation.

But he was surprised when Luhan entered the kitchen fifteen minutes later wearing his shirt that was big enough to be a dress, the hem of the shirt reaches the midline of his pale thighs. His skin was even paler than Sehun's, almost glowing in the dark room. His blond hair seemed light-brown and a smell of shampoo was drifting from it, completely tousled from the shower. But in a good way, Sehun thought not rationally. A very good way.

Luhan held his phone above his head, moving it here and there.

"No service," he said in a kind of whiny way that irritated Sehun.

You don’t say, Sehun thought and rolled his eyes, but decided not to react aloud. Maybe they should step back a little bit for now, the storm is quite serious and this won't be any help if they fight over little things like this.

Luhan sat defeated on a chair by the small dining table. "Well, now what?" he said in annoyance mixed with frustration.

Sehun placed a bowl in front of him. "Eat."

Luhan looked at the bowl full of instant ramen noodles, and then back at Sehun.

"I don't eat this."

"There's nothing else."

"Whatever." Luhan looked away. "I'm not hungry anyways."

Sehun could hear his stomach growling. "Yeah right," he snored, "and I'm superman."

Luhan looked at the bowl almost in disgust. "I prefer eating shrimp-soup over this junk." He looked at Sehun arrogantly. "I'll be eating soon at home anyways."

This is totally ridiculous.

"Fine. Whatever." Sehun tried to stay calm over Luhan's spoiled behavior. He made some tea for the both of them. If this dork catches a cold, I'm so dead. His father is going to hate me so much if that happens. He reached out his hand to give Luhan his cup as he sipped loudly from his.

"I drink only Ear Grey." Came an answer. Luhan was not even looking at him, checking his nails.

God, unbelievable!

"Damn it, Luhan!" Sehun raised his voice. "I can't stand your attitude. You can't even be grateful for what you've got! How can you be peaky in this situation? Can't you hear the storm? Storms like that don’t stop in a couple of hours -"

"Shut up, Sehun. I'm totally sick of you telling me what to do. And I don’t need you to take care of me."

This guy got some nerves to say something like that. Sehun hit the table with his hand and leaned close to Luhan.

"Yes, I do. And not out of will." He said in a quiet, dangerous tone.

This guy in front of Luhan was dangerously frightening, but he was too angry to care. Sehun growled furiously and backed off. 

"Let’s see how my father is going to react to this, huh? Do you think he will think nicely at how you treat me?" Luhan snapped.

"Yeah you are right! He is definitely going to fire me for trying to keep his son from starving in the storm!" he went off angrily to stand near the fireplace, clenching his fist and glaring at the fire.

Luhan wanted to shout that he is overreacting as always and that his annoys him, but eventually stayed sulking silently.

 

 

For the next who-knows-how-many hours is was completely quiet. Well, the storm was raging outside and the sounds of burning wood could be heard here and there, but that's it. Sehun was still seated in front of the fire, not moving an inch. Luhan had actually decided to spend his time in the only place he couldn't see the other– the bathroom. Though he went out from time to time to get a blanket from the dresser and other things Sehun didn’t bother to look up at.

They completely ignored each other, and it was totally fine.

 

It was 8:35 PM, or at least that's what the clock on the wall showed, and Sehun noticed that Luhan hadn’t showed up for a while. He stood up hesitantly and glanced at the direction, only to find the door wide open and sleeping Luhan curled up with the blanket, leaning on the wall.

Sehun couldn’t help but smile at the sight; and was not angry anymore and he could have never guessed Luhan looks so nice this way. He crouched near the sleeping boy, looking closer at him. He spotted an empty ramen bowl placed next to Luhan's body and a Rubik's Cube was lying on his lap.

Stupid Luhan.  Sehun thought, still smiling. You are not that stubborn after all, are you?

 

When Luhan woke up, he almost cursed out loud. It was a horribly loud thunder boom that pulled him suddenly out of sleep.

"Stupid storm…" he tried to calm his heart beat down, panting. "I hate the winter." He wondered how he managed to fall asleep in the first place.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

Wait. What am I doing on the coach?

His eyes fell on Sehun that was sleeping on the carpet next to the coach, a folded blanket tucked under his head as a pillow.

Did he…? He sighed and hid his face in his hands. Why he had to do that exactly? He felt really uncomfortable and embarrassed.

The suddenly kind action made Luhan feel strange toward the other male. He didn't understand why he is acting like that when they practically hare each other, but felt how his stubborn wall of hostility started cracking against his will.

This made him angry. He refused to think better of Sehun because of... all this. It was so much easier to be angry at him.

Luhan glanced at him angrily. Sehun didn't wake up because of that thunder, but he wasn't sleeping peacefully either. He bent his legs closer to his body on his sleep.

It is kind of cold here.

Luhan clenched his teeth and shut his eyes. Damn it

He then sighed in defeat. This guy was deliberately messing with his conscience (which he never thought could be bothered by anything). Or is it just his mind playing with him?

He still covered Sehun with his blanket, though. I'm older. That's what I'm supposed to do anyways, He reasoned.

 

Sometime later, maybe an hour or so, but really Luhan didn't pay any attention; thunder could not be heard anymore. And strangely so, the quietness was what woke Sehun up.

Sehun's eyes fluttered open and met Luhan's gaze.

"Why are you staring at me?"

Luhan immediately looked away. "Y-You were mumbling something just now," not quite succeeding to hide the nervousness in his voice. "In your sleep." That was a lie.

Luhan caught himself staring at Sehun's several times while he was asleep. It was embarrassing enough already but now himself Sehun himself caught him red handed.

It was just that… it felt oddly relaxing looking at him. Sehun was no longer shivering after Luhan covered him and his face was so peaceful. It was so different from the constantly-annoyed expression that was always on his face.

Luhan took a stick and rummaged through the burning wood just for the sake of doing something at the moment.

The atmosphere was awkward as they didn't know what to do or say. As if the only thing they could do is fight.

"Is the storm getting better? I can't hear ay thunder." Sehun was first to speak.

"Yeah," Luhan was still staring at the fire. "But the rain is still quite strong."

Sehun nodded, even though Luhan couldn't see it. There was silence again; they were just sitting there, Luhan with his back to Sehun and Sehun leaning against the sofa.

"This place," Luhan began carefully. "It is not as rarely used as you say it is, is it?" he turned to look at Sehun with a small wily smile.

Sehun swallowed hard and the tips of his ears turned red.

"Well, I wasn't actually sure at first but your reaction approved my theory," Luhan was fully smiling with satisfaction now, and Sehun was so overwhelmed with this sight that he lost his concentration for a second. He quickly snapped out of it.

"First of all this place looks too clean to be rarely used and besides, there's this picture in the dresser – "

"Yes, whatever." Sehun's stern voice interrupted and he stood up. He then sighed and his voice became softer. "Sorry, I don’t want to talk about it. I'm going to shower." He went off. Luhan was left flustered by his reaction, and only a bit later he noticed. Sehun apologized instead of lecturing him about dealing his own business.  

 

*

 

"Luhan, there is still some hot water if you want," Sehun called out.

He stepped into the living room with a towel on his head, drying his hair and then dropped it on his shoulders.

"Luhan?"

 Silence.

He entered the kitchen, glancing behind walls and furniture, but truthfully, there are not enough places to hide behind. Luhan was nowhere to be seen.

He faced hesitantly at the front door. No way.

He slammed the door open. The rain kept falling unstoppably, the wind was still blowing cruelly and mercilessly as if the world was too angry at the people on earth to let go. But nevertheless, Sehun went outside without a second thought.

"Luhan! Are you here?"

He got all wet again in mere seconds, but Luhan has disappeared as if the hungry ground had swallowed him and an unpleasant feeling started creeping in his guts. He has to find him now.

He kept calling Luhan's name, the urgency in his voice increasing with every passing moment. Where the hell is he? Why did he even go out? He is the one who said that –

He then realized.

He ran to the back of the house, not even bothering to follow the old path that was paved between two plots that once had plants and small trees growing in them, getting wet mud all over his pants but didn't care the slightest, straight to the storage room that was at the very far spot of the garden.

"Luhan! Luhan, are you there?" He pulled the door knob aggressively. "Open the door!"

He banged on the door with his fist. And when he heard Luhan calling his name over the door with a shaking voice begging him to get him out, he knew he was right, because this wasn't the goddamn first time it happened.

"Sehun... it is so cold in here..." Luhan said weakly.

Sehun cursed himself in the head over and over again for leaving the fridge-room working all this time. "Stay back, I'm going to break through it!" He shouted over the rain.

Luhan curled himself at the opposite wall, which wasn't even 4 meters away from the door. He didn't know how much time has passed since he was trapped here, but until Sehun came he actually could imagine himself dying here.

Never imagined it would happen like this, in a fridge far from home in the middle of a storm... He thought to himself.

 Outside Sehun Slammed his foot against the wooden door with all his force again and again, groaning with frustration and cursing. Luhan almost hadn't noticed he could hardly figure out Sehun's words anymore. He closed his eyes. He was just so tired and even breathing became something requires more effort.

 

"Luhan, answer me!" His attention was caught by the sound of his name.

 Sehun...

His breaths were small and flat, couldn't make a voice.

Hurry up, please.

Sounds of metal on metal rang one after another faster now, following by desperate voice.

 "Luhan!" Dang.

"Say something Damn it!"

Dang, Dang.

 

"COME ON!"

DANG.

 

A cold of another kind rushed in, and Luhan could see Sehun through half closed leads crouching next to him, and his mind was almost blank but he could feel himself being lifted by strong wet hands and being carried quickly away.

 

So cold. So, so cold.

 

He did not lose his consciousness the whole time, could see things through blurred vision (mostly Sehun) and could hear muffled noises around him.

He somehow absorbed being put in a hot bath, with the clothes and all, and after a short while everything started getting to its senses again.

"Sehun..." Luhan looked at Sehun, his tone low and sleepy.  "Why are you crying? It wasn't your fault the door got stuck."

Sehun was leaning his back on the external bay of the tub, tears welling out of his eyes hopelessly as he refused to face the older male.

"It actually was." He sniffed. "My fault." He lowered his head and muffled a sob with the back of his hand. No matter how hard he tried, he could not stop the tears. He was so scared and…

 "I'm really fine now, thanks to you."

"For a moment there, I thought I was going to lose you..." this wasn't louder than a whisper, and Luhan's heart skipped a beat.

"I-I mean," Sehun realized how it sounds, he actually meant something else.

 "I am not ready to lose anyone here... again." He looked at Luhan with painful eyes and Luhan frowned in confusion because what is this supposed to mean exactly? Luhan tried to find any clue in his eyes, but Sehun just looked away.

"It feels like this place is cursed."

Sehun's voice cracked on the last word and it seems that new tears started rolling his eyes. As Luhan looked at him drowning in painful memories, Sehun looked ages younger. Not a sign to the serious and furious man he had a fight with just yesterday.

He ran his fingers through the surface of the still hot water, gathering drops in his palm and letting them slip back to the tub.

"Come here."

Sehun looked up, caught off guard.

"You are the one who suffered the rage of the storm all over again." Luhan pointed, his voice was husky but confident as he spoke. "You need this bath just as much as I do. Get in."

Even when Luhan did his best to make enough room for Sehun as he hesitantly got in, the tub clearly wasn't big enough for two. Sehun set awkwardly, leaning his back the opposite side of the tub. A moment later Luhan crawled closer to him, placing himself between Sehun's legs with his back on Sehun's board chest.

"Your legs are too long," Sehun heard Luhan say, sounds relaxed. "This is more comfortable like that." Sehun's cheeks were colored red, and it wasn't because of the steam. But Sehun closed his eyes and smiled.

Somehow, it felt right.

 

*

Signs of fever began appearing soon enough on both of them, and Sehun did his best to take care of their health before it gets worse (mostly paying attention to Luhan, claiming he himself was perfectly fine).

Luhan noticed how dedicated and determined he was, and though he felt secretly fluttered by it, he also felt bad that Sehun blames himself for the accident.

They took the medicine, changed clothes and set together by the fire, wrapped with blankets, eating ramen - "you weren't joking when you said that this is the only thing to eat here… yeah I didn't believe you at first." Luhan laughed - and sipping eagerly hot tea (the same one Luhan refused to drink the night before. "This is actually kind of good." He admitted).

It was true that Luhan physically felt awful – his head hurt, his throat was sore and this probably was just the beginning - but from the inside, he felt good. Good in a way he couldn't explain. Even if it's just an illusion, illusion caused by the fever or the medicine, he didn't care. One thing he knew for sure – he didn’t feel this way for a long time. It was comfortable and warm, very different from what he usually does in his everyday life.  

"Are you sure you are not cold anymore?" Sehun asked again, arranging the blankets around Luhan more comfortably, his expression was nothing but concern.

"Yes, I'm fine." Luhan smiled reassuringly, answering the question for the nth time already.

"Why did you even went out there?" Sehun asked, slightly scolding Luhan for his actions.

Luhan didn't want to answer; he knew what Sehun is going to think. Finally, he sighed and then chuckled.

"You were cold when you were asleep. I went to get more wood, figured I'll find some outside." He put his chin on his knees. "The only thing I discovered in the storage room was jars and more jars containing plenty of unfamiliar things…"

"I'm sorry" Sehun leaned his forehead on Luhan shoulder. "I'm so sorry."

"Stop it!" Luhan pushed him lightly from him. "Stop apologizing, will you? I told you I'm alright."

He stood up, but immediately felt very dizzy. Sehun was there in a second, steadying him and helping him lie down on the coach.

"Relax, don't overreact." Luhan whispered through hazy eyes. "I just need to lie for a second."

Sehun covered him and put a hand on his forehead.

"You are burning," his hand came back hot and wet from sweat. "The pills are not freaking helping." He hissed.

"Sehun." Luhan's voice was firm but not mad. His eyes were soft as he looked at Sehun's ones and this expression was just too familiar to Sehun, bringing everything back again.

 Sehun's hand was terribly shaking when Luhan took and pressed it. "This is just a fever. I just need to sleep, that's all," he said.

"I'm scared," Sehun's eyes were filled with unshed tears. He felt horrible and he… he wanted to just look anywhere else but at Luhan right now.

"Can you please… tell me?"

They both knew it's not just the reason Sehun cries they are talking about here.

This place, it has a story behind it. A very sad one. And I brought up bad memories.

It is because of me.

Sehun sat down on the edge of the coach, still holding Luhan hand and began to speak.

"I…I had a sister. She was six years older than me. And this place is… it was hers. When she was twenty-two." Sehun stood up and approached the dresser. He took out a framed picture from the second drawer, the same picture Luhan was talking about earlier.

He gave it to Luhan. Luhan looked at the beautiful young woman who had the same eyes and nose like Sehun. Her hair was black like Sehun's and she was smiling brightly at the camera. She was beautiful just like the boy who was hugging her.

"This was taken four years ago, when I was sixteen." Sehun continued. "She had found a job close to the beach, so the family agreed to let her live in this cabin.

"One day I came to visit her. We were planning to spend time at the beach, catch up a bit. But the weather suddenly became gloomy and she suggested that we go to the beach another time, but I insisted." Sehun paused. He sounded chocked more and more as he kept talking.

"A storm had started, just like this one, or even worse.  She lost sight of me for a couple of minutes… she couldn't find me on the beach so she thought I was in the water." Sehun whipped his silent tears. There was no need to say what happened next. She entered into the stormy water to find him. Luhan's hand covered his mouth, speechless.

"She didn't… she didn't drown. I found her and helped her out, called our parents. They arrived as soon as possible from out of town. She got sick very quickly, because her health was always poor. I-It had started as a cold but ended up as a severe pneumonia. I never left her side, even when she was admitted to the hospital but I didn’t try hard enough. I believed her when she said it's nothing, that she is going to be fine…"

Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun, holding him close.

"I'm so sorry. You can’t even imagine how much… about everything. " he whispered.

"T-The door." Sehun said shakily. "I knew about the lock – I should've – "   

"Sshh. That's okay. You can stop explaining now." Luhan his hair soothingly.  

"Y-You understand n-now?" Sehun said between sobs. He felt ashamed. He felt guilty. He blamed himself so many times in the past… today it almost happened all over again and it was his fault again.

"But I don't blame you. How can I? You saved me." Luhan reminded him. "And I'm sure your sister didn't blame you. So you shouldn't blame yourself too. Please." He looked at Sehun fondly and whipped his tears. "Let's go sleep, okay?"

It was Luhan's turn to take care of the stuff around; he laid out duvets on the carpet and made it a comfortable place to sleep for two.

Although he just cried his soul out after a long time, Sehun didn't feel any better with the passing years. He still felt he should be punished, and he was still waiting for it to come. He stared at the ceiling and thought about it and some other things instead of trying to sleep.

Luhan was lying on the side and looking at his face, but when Sehun met his eyes he did not look away.

Sehun extended his hand and pulled Luhan's body closer to him. "May I?" he whispered. "Just for a little while?"  

Luhan could feel Sehun's heart beat as quick as his own. "Yeah," he mumbled to Sehun's chest. "Whatever you want."

And when they stayed like that, Sehun's aching heart felt a little bit better.  

 

 

"…Back here to start again. I'm filled with mistakes, but as I learn I can get stronger. The day we realized we are big and great like the sun– ooh ooh –"*

Sehun shifted, muttering in protest to the sudden noise.

"…heading together toward our future… I need you and you want me, on this planet called Earth, oh oh, every every every day, the history that I create…"

Sehun cracked his eyes open when Luhan moved his hand from over his waist and stood up slowly.

The sound was so surreal and unexpected it took Sehun a couple of seconds to understand. Until Luhan finally found his phone, the melody was already over.

"Is that your phone?" Sehun asked sleepily, his forearm covering his eyes.

"Ah-huh," Luhan finally found it and started checking through the many texts and voicemails he received. "The service is apparently back."

Sehun heard Luhan heading toward the bathroom. "Aren't you going to call them back…?" the younger mumbled. Whatever, He decided to sleep for a little longer.

 

"…I need you and you want me, on this planet called Earth…"

"Luhan – " Sehun groaned, but the rest of the sentence was blocked by Luhan's hand on his mouth. He widened his eyes in surprised as the latter answered the phone.

"Hey, mom" he said, mouthing an apologetic sorry toward Sehun. "Yes, don't worry. I was staying with a friend…" he smiled brightly at something his mom said and glanced at Sehun.

He was listening for a while and then "Yes, of course. Okay. Love you." he ended the call.

He faced Sehun, noticing his hand was still on his mouth and an uninterpretable look in his eyes. Luhan pulled his hand back, slightly brushing his fingertips on the other's lips.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sehun asked in amusement after seeing Luhan's strange expression.

"I don’t know," Luhan said slowly and moved a little closer. "I just really want…"

closer, closer.

"You just really want…" Sehun repeated while watching as Luhan was staring at his lips, understanding his intentions but not backing away.

When Luhan's lips were mere centimeters away from his, he stopped and looked at Sehun's eyes.

"It's not like you to ask for permission" Sehun whispered with a mischievous smile.

The sudden statement caught Luhan by a surprise and his expression made Sehun turn around to suppress a laugher with the back of his hand.

Luhan, that was more than unsatisfied with what just happened, swung his leg over Sehun's waist so the younger was lying underneath him and claimed his lips in a one smooth shift.  

Luhan tasted like mint and smelled of soap and felt like heaven. Sehun's mind was a mess of excitement and joy, and he didn't want to think that maybe it was because of the fever they both still had…  

"You are hot," Sehun suddenly said.

Luhan brushed Sehun's bangs from his eyes and giggled. "I know."

"You are so lame, seriously." Sehun rolled his eyes as Luhan started laughing uproariously. "I mean your temperature."

"It's a lot lower, though." Luhan leaned to kiss Sehun again.

Sehun rose up and swayed his body on top of Luhan's, holding him closer and deepening the kiss. His tongue the hem of Luhan's lower lips, waiting for permission to enter. Luhan parted his lips, willingly giving Sehun the access he demanded for.

"Are you always so confident about being dominant toward your elders?" Luhan said through closed eyes as Sehun moved to kiss his jawline.

"Elders my ," Sehun answered between kisses.

"I am four years older than you," Luhan mentioned casually.

Sehun darted his head back, almost chocking. "Are you serious??" he covered his swallowed lips with the back of his hand, embarrassed and blushing as he recalled all the events in a whole new light.

Luhan nodded, laughing. "Do you regret?" he asked with a worried little smile.

Sehun shook his head. Not the slightest.

"I like you a lot," Luhan said with a blissful smile and caressed the younger cheek.  

"I like you too."  Sehun held him, brought him closer and kissed him deeply, never want to let go.  

 

Sehun had to, though, when Luhan's phone started ringing again ten minutes later. Sehun ignored it, continued kissing Luhan as if he can't get enough, but Luhan reached his hand to his phone ("wait, Sehun, just a – c'mon stop it…" he chuckled when Sehun reached a ticklish spot on his neck. "Wait, wait, Sehun, it's my dad."), Sehun's lips left his skin.

"Hi dad – "

"Luhan! Thank god… I couldn’t reach you for so long, are you okay? The storm has calmed down, where are you? I'm coming to pick you up."

Sehun could hear his boss's voice from the other line, he was talking too fast and Luhan couldn't get a word in between.

"I'm alright, dad, Sehun was with me all this time, and we were at his place." Luhan covered the speaker and turned to Sehun. "What's the address?"

Sehun gave him the address and after promising to be there in twenty minutes, Luhan's father hung up.

Sehun was watching Luhan quietly as he got dressed in his already-dry-but-wrinkled clothes. His heart was beating like crazy, but happiness had quickly transformed into nervousness.

He completely forgot. He is my Boss's son. I'm doomed. He sighed.

"What is this expression for?" Luhan linked their fingers together and pecked Sehun on the lips. "Walk me out?"

They walked to the door and then Sehun said "Your father is my boss. When he is going to find out… It seems he was going to fire me either way for getting involved with you. He won't let us…" be together.

"He is not, okay? Don't worry. I'll take care of it." Luhan smiled encouragingly. "I'm an independent man, I have my own place. I can definitely decide on my own who is going to be my boyfriend." He winked.  

They opened the front door, and the sight outside was breathtaking. The sun was shining and everything was still glittering with water droplets from the storm. The colors of the flowers in the planters that were placed on the porch looked bolder and everything looked fresh.

Sehun took Luhan's phone and saved his number there. He then dialed the number so that Luhan's number will be saved in his phone too.

Sehun kissed him one last time, pressing the smaller on the door frame when some time after, a car honks were heard from the road.

"I'll see you soon then," Luhan gave one last encouraging press on the hand and went off. Sehun watched him coming down the porches stares, opening the car door and getting in.

He dared to glance at his bosses face in the driver's seat and caught his cold and shocked eyes. Sehun felt his blood freezing, and he started to accept the idea that he needs to look for another job.

 

*

 

The next day

"Hey Sehun," Luhan smiled wildly as he answered the call.

"Hey." Sehun smiled on the other line as well. "How are you?"

"I'm not sure," Luhan made a face. "Am I going to see you soon?"

"I really hope so myself…"

Luhan frowned in confusion. "Wait… is it about my father? How's your work at office going?"  

"I… I don’t know" Sehun put his hand on his nape, "When I saw him today, he just gave me this strange look for a couple of moments and walked away. I was waiting for, you know, a dismissal letter or a conversation with a very nasty ending, but nothing happened."

"Oh really?" Luhan sounded too excited.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Those are great news! This is his way to say "keep the job". I can’t believe it worked!"

"What worked? Did you – "

"You-are-welcome." Luhan said sweetly, pronouncing every word slowly.

Sehun exhaled in pleasure he could not express in worlds. "Thanks, Luhan. I really appreciate it. This job is everything to me."

"I demand a reward." The older announced.

"Mmm." Sehun pretended thinking, "Let’s go to the movies tonight."

"Sounds perfect." Luhan was looking forward to their first official date. "So… I'll pick you at nine from your place?"

"You know where I live?"

"I'll find the way," Luhan giggled, "so don't doubt me."

"I won't dare."

After they hung up the call, Sehun glanced out of the window and smiled at the beautiful day. Drastic changed do happen in life, he thought.  

Sometimes, it seems, you need to face a really bad and stubborn weather in order to greet the warm sun that comes out afterwards.  

 

 

A/n:

that took me soooo long wow, far from satisfying but i'm progressing... i hope it was nice anough to move something there in your hearts haha

please comment :D