The First Kiss

The First Kiss

Jinki was pacing back and forth in Jonghyun's and Minho's shared room.

    "What if I mess up and make things awkward?" Jinki bit his lip.

Jonghyun looked up from his phone and sighed.

    "You won't mess up. How can you mess up a kiss on a date?" Jonghyun asked.

    "Not just any kiss, the first kiss!" Jinki exclaimed.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and went back to his phone. On the other side of the room Minho was reading a book when he heard Jinki groan. He looked up and saw Jinki, laying face down on the floor.

    "You haven't had your first kiss yet?" Minho snorted.

    "No.... Is that bad?" Jinki asked after a short pause. 

Jonghyun and Minho stared at him, giving him mildly disappointing look. Jinki looked back at the floor and groaned.

    "So you're freaking out over a kiss? Who is it with?" Minho asked.

    "Kibum." Jinki said shyly.

    "Of course he would kiss his boyfriend, his diva boyfriend." Jonghyun sneered.

    "Why haven't you kissed Kibum yet? You two have been on many dates already." Minho was really confused.

    "I just want everything to be perfect." Jinki sighed, running his hands through his hair.

    "What do you think is going to happen?" Minho turned his attention back to his book.

    "I don't know. I could sneeze right when we're about to kiss, or trip and knock something over, or worse." Jinki said.

    "Worse?" Jonghyun rose an eyebrow.

    "The whole town could be invaded by a huge flock of angry chickens seeking revenge on me!!" Jinki exclaimed.

Jonghyun dropped his phone and Minho dropped his book, as their mouths hung open at the ridiculous idea. There was silence after that because they were still trying to process it.

    "As realistic as that sounds, I'm sure everything will be fine." Minho comforted.

    "You don't know what will happen. I'm a clumsy awkward person, why did he agree on dating me?" Jinki sighed in frustration.

Jonghyun and Minho got up from their beds pushed their leader to the floor, not looking pleased. Jinki looked confused and scared when they got into his face.

    "Kibum's dating you because he loves you." Jonghyun stated.

    "Your clumsiness captured his heart." Minho admitted.

    "He's looked past all of your flaws and even admitting that some of them are cute." Jonghyun added.

    "So don't ask why he loves you because he loves you for who you are, Lee Jinki!" Minho finished.

Jinki blinked his eyes in shock and cleared his throat. Minho and Jonghyun got off of him, then helping him sit up. He nodded and stared at the ground, not feeling conflicted anymore.

    "Thanks for that you guys. I was losing sight of what was important and that's Kibum." Jinki beamed.

Jinki straightened his shirt out and walked outside of their room.

    "You might want to change out of your pajamas!" Jonghyun called.

    "Thank you for reminding me!" Jinki called from the living room.

    "He was about to walk out of the dorm in his pj's, wasn't he?" Minho not removing his eye from his book.

    "Yup." Jonghyun turned his attention back to his phone.

After a while, Jinki left the dorm in a white dress shirt with a yellow jacket, blue eans, and white high tops. The shoes are actually Kibum's because he knows Kibum wouldn't mind if he wore them, until they get dirty that is. He walked down the street covering his face most of the way to a cafe. He knows Kibum goes there everyday just to get out of the dorm and read a book in peace. He stepped into the cafe and looked around for his key and noticed Kibum in a booth near a window. He carefully made his way towards Kibum, making sure he didn't bump into anyone, while smiling like a dork.

    "Kibum." Jinki called once he was in front of the booth.

Kibum looked up from the book he was reading and smiled.

    "It's about time you get here. I was starting to think you wouldn't show." Kibum said softly.

Jinki sat down across from Kibum and chuckled nervously.

    "I was caught up with something important at the dorm." Jinki lied.

    "So it was more important than me?" Kibum joked, staring at Jinki over his book with his thick framed glasses.

    "N-no, it wasn't more important than you. Well k-kind of but not really. In a way it was but you were on my mind. I'm going to jump off of a cliff now." Jinki stuttered, finally shutting his mouth before sinking in his seat a bit.

Kibum covered his mouth with his open book and giggled at how red Jinki's face was.

    "I was just kidding, don't worry about it." Kibum reassured him.

Jinki's face was red with embarrassment and he was certain the people in the booth next to them were talking about him. Jinki couldn't even speak when a waitress came to take their order, Kibum had to order for him. He heard laughter and noticed people looking in his direction, his face grew even more red, concerning Kibum.

    "Jinki, what's-" Kibum started.

Kibum's eyes widened in surprise when Jinki slammed his head on the table.

    "Jinki?" Kibum put his book down.

    "I'm such an embarrassment." Jinki's words were muffled by the table.

Kibum took off his glasses and placed his hands on the table.

    "Jinki, lift your head up. People are starting to stare." Kibum tried being discreet.

    "They were already staring when I stuttered." Jinki didn't lift his head up.

Kibum turned around and saw people quickly look away, he was appalled by the fact people were laughing at his boyfriend. He turned back around and stared at Jinki, who still had his head on the table.

    "This is already off to a bad start." Jinki sighed.

Kibum tapped on Jinki's head, causing Jinki to lift his head.

    "Just ignore them. I thought it was cute when you stuttered." Kibum blushed lightly.
Jinki's lip quivered slightly and his eyes glistened.

    "You're right, I should just ignore them." Jinki sighed, turning his head to the window and blinking excessively.

Kibum pouted slightly knowing Jinki was blinking back tears, his boyfriend always tries so hard to make things perfect for him and ends up in tears at the dorm when something bad happens.

    "Jinki, what's 1+1?" Kibum asked.

    "2." Jinki responded, turning his head towards the diva.

    "No, gwiyomi." Kibum said, putting both of his index fingers on his cheeks.

Jinki smiled at Kibum being cute and completely forgot about the fact people were laughing at him earlier. Kibum felt overjoyed when he saw Jinki smile.

    "2+2?" Kibum asked.

    "Gwiyomi." Jinki answered.

    "Gwiyomi." Kibum nodded, making quotation marks on his head.

Jinki chuckled at Kibum causing Kibum's heart to melt.

    "3+3?" Kibum asked.

    "Gwiyomi." Jinki answered again.

    "Actually it's 6." Kibum said.

Jinki looked dumbfounded by Kibum's answer and they both laughed.

    "Kibum, you're so cute."

    "I can be cute, but you're cute 24/7."

Jinki looked at the table, unsure how to take the compliment, blushing slightly.

    "That's a lie. You're the cutest." Jinki replied.

    "Fine, I'm the cutest and you're the handsomest." Kibum agreed.

Jinki nodded and smiled. The waitress came back a few minutes later with their food and Kibum put his book into a bag he was carrying. Kibum ordered the fish and chips for himself and a chicken sandwich for Jinki. Jinki questions why the cafe would serve fish and chips but decided to drop it since he knows he won't get answers.

    "How's the chips?" Jinki asked.

    "The chips are fine. The fish isn't so bad either." Kibum said, sass in his voice.

Jinki chuckled at what Kibum said and bit into his own sandwich.

    "Wanna try one?" Kibum asked.

Jinki nodded after he swallowed and took a quick sip of his water before reaching out of grab a chip from Kibum's plate. His hand accidentally hit Kibum's glass of water, and he watched water spill on Kibum's ripped skinny jeans. Kibum closed his eyes when he felt cold water fall onto his lap. Jinki quickly picked the cup up to prevent more water from spilling and looked at Kibum as the diva opened his eyes and grabbed a couple of napkins. It was amazing as Kibum didn't looked fazed about what just happened, like it was normal everyday thing. Jinki on the other hand was freaking out on the inside as he heard laughter again and this time it seemed like it was coming from all around. From the corners of his eyes he saw everyone was looking in their direction.

    "I'm so sorry, Kibum. I didn't-" Jinki started.

    "Jinki, it's fine." Kibum looked right at his nervous boyfriend.

    "How is it fine? I just spilt water on you!" His voice trembling with fear.

Kibum put one of his hands on Jinki's and smiled.

    "It's fine." Kibum reassured.

Jinki nodded slowly and sat back in his seat while some waiters came over to their table bringing more napkins and mopped up the water that made it onto the floor. Kibum excused himself to go clean himself up and Jinki decided to stay there. Once Kibum was gone, Jinki drummed his hands on the table and cursed at himself.

    "Smooth, real smooth Lee Jinki. You just spilt water all over your boyfriend. I'm so clumsy." Jinki said to himself.

He replayed Minho's and Jonghyun's words from earlier and sunk lower in his seat, wishing he was wearing a hoodie so he could cover his face. Kibum came back after changing pants because somehow he knew this was going to happen and brought an extra pair.

    "So where were we?" Kibum asked.

He looked at Jinki and saw his boyfriend was slowly sinking under the table.

    "Yah!" Kibum called, snapping his fingers.

Jinki looked up at him with sad eyes and sat up.

    "I'm sorry." Jinki apologized again.

    "It's not as worse as when Taemin split banana milk all over me." Kibum chuckled.

    "True but he did it on purpose." Jinki accidental let that slip.

    "He did?" Kibum asked.

    "He didn't! He didn't do it on purpose! Clumsy Taemin." Jinki lied.

Kibum pursed his lips slightly, not believing him, then continued to eat. Jinki sighed and looked at his half eaten sandwich.

    Why doesn't a flock of angry chicken take revenge on me now? Jinki thought.

After they finished, Kibum ordered a chocolate brownie for dessert, much to Jinki's dislike. He just wanted to get out of there, away from people's judging looks. Kibum took some of the whipped cream from the brownie, putting it on Jinki's nose which surprised him and his expression only made Kibum laugh. Jinki smiled and wiped the whipped cream off.

    "Why didn't you order dessert?" Kibum asked.

    "I'm full." Jinki lied, he just wanted to go.

 Kibum nodded and cut a piece of the brownie using a fork and brought it to Jinki's mouth.

    "Say Ah." Kibum ordered.

Jinki sighed and opened his mouth to let his diva feed him. Kibum loves it when Jinki let him feed him, it was always the highlight of his day. Once Kibum finished, they went to the cash register to pay for their meal.

    "How was your date?" The waiteress asked.

    "Eventful." Kibum replied, smiling.

Jinki smiled and put his hands in his pocket after giving the cashier his credit card to swipe. He was then distracted by the bowl of mints next to the machine that he didn't noticed the waitress was hanging his card back. Kibum chuckled and took Jinki's credit card and the receipt from the waitress. After exiting the restaurant, they walked to a nearby park to continue their date. Kibum held hands with Jinki but he noticed his boyfriend wouldn't go of his hand and he would have to grab it again.

    "The sun is going down and there are no clouds in sight." Kibum observed.

Jinki nodded his head and his grip on Kibum's hand tightened.

    "Jin-"

Jinki faced Kibum and cleared his throat.

    "This day wasn't how I expected it to go. I didn't mean to spill water on you and I didn't mean to be the laughing stock of the cafe..."

    "Jink-"

    "But what I am about to do, I hope you know I do mean to do it."

    "What ar-"

Jinki leaned forward and kissed Kibum's soft lips. There was a sudden flash of light, followed by laughter as the unsuspecting couple covered their eyes. Taemin showed Jonghyun and Minho the picture he took on his phone while the other two were trying to figure out what just happened.

    "Yah Taemin, you ruined our kiss!" Kibum scolded.

    "Oh, I'm sorry. I just wanted to capture the moment, did I ruin it?" Taemin smirked.

    "Aw hyung, you look like you were enjoying the moment." Jonghyun teased.

Jinki's face was pure red with embarrassment and he started to stutter trying to reply.

    "Well since you three ruined our moment, we're going to go somewhere else." Kibum grabbed Jinki's hand and dragged him away.

Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun looked confused but went back to the phone when the other two were out of their sight. Kibum took Jinki back to the dorm and locked the door when they stepped in.

    "Don't let Jonghyu-"

Jinki pulled Kibum close and kissed him again, leaving Kibum shocked.

    "I meant to do that too." Jinki smiled.

    "I hope you know, I'm not mad about the water incident." Kibum explained.

    "I know, that's why I kissed you.. Twice." Jinki chuckled.

The doorknob began to rattle and they heard voices, signaling the children were home to bug them. Kibum pushed Jinki against the door and smirked.

    "How about one more kiss and if they're gone by then, we can continue?" Kibum played with the strings on Jinki's jacket. 

    "That seems like a good idea." Jinki put his hands on Kibum's waist, pulling him closer.