Turn To You

My Refuge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She just went to do some errands from her mother in law, now she was back and was eager to take a shower. The weather was awfully hot today. As she took a peek inside her bedroom to seek for someone, the sound of water ran down hitting the porcelain floor perked her ears up. 

Strolling to where the sound came from, hand was about to the door when she heard a sniffling sound. Held back her hand, she raked it through her hair instead. How can she let this thing keeps happening? She couldn’t just turn shut eye on her. 

Just thinking about how the other behave makes her blood boil. She should have confronted her sooner. 

When the water was turned off, she quickly paced across the room sitting on the bed. The bedroom door opened revealing her goddess in nothing but towel wrapped around her slender body. For two weeks, she hadn’t seen her . She hadn’t touched her or even made love to her. They barely hug and kiss now. Everything just seems like the girl tried to build a barrier between them and it irked her, most of all that it scares her to no end. 

Everything just stopped when their eyes met, it wasn’t like the sparks flew by and caused the time freeze but it was rather both of them were ran out of words. It stuck on their throats. One was sat on the bed expecting the woman to say something or the other thought was screaming for the girl to sway her hips walked on to her and seduce her like she always do, then with that it would end with the blanket covers their bodies while they were deep in slumbers. 

On the other hand, one was fidgeting under the uncomfortably stare by two orbs that always stared at her lovingly and longingly. When the cold was hitting her skin and it chills down her spine, she then took the liberty to end the stare by looking away sweeping her hair up in a bun while her bang still dropped by the water down to her bare shoulders. Hand gripped tight the knot upon her chest before making her way to the opposite of the room. 

The figure who was sitting on the bed this whole time held a frown as she gritted her teeth in annoyance. Wondering why the girl who can make her heart swoon and melt just by looking at her eyes chose to avoid the eye contact again and ignored her like she doesn’t exist in the room. Other than that fact, the girl has just shown her something uneasy to feel, it was what, fright? No, no, no, fright was understatement, terrify. Yes, definitely terrify. By the action the girl’s made it was as if she was going to her.

She stood up then stepped to the love of her life who was back-facing her searching for her clothes in the wardrobe. Exhaled after she took a deep breath, she aggressively enveloping the girl in a back hug in a way that people called possessive. 

The girl in her arms yelped in shock, hands cupped her towel afraid it was going to loosen before making sure it was tied up tight. She reminds herself that this was the person she loves, she’s in love with no matter how many years to come it’d still the same. The person who has swept up her feet and made her falls over heels for the first time they lied eyes on each other. However there was a thing that holding her back to reciprocated the loving hug. 

“Babe, why are you so tense?”

True, that thing was what people called catastrope. It damaged her own being which has caused her body tense and go rigid. She refused to believe the fact she wasn’t healthy, she wasn’t the way she was anymore. 
“Uh-uhm, nothing.” She timidly answered then deciding to grab whatever clothes she  has spotted as she wished to out of her lover’s arms as soon as she possible.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Did I do something?” Fingers clasped around her wrist before she could make it farther away from the embrace.

“Taeyeon, it’s nothing, really.” She gave in with a small sad smile as she strode away.

“Sooyeon, you’ve been avoiding me for the past few weeks. You wouldn’t let me touch you or even hug you. We barely even kissed. You cried at night when you thought I was asleep.” Taeyeon explained calmly. She needed her wife to know that she’s been hurting by how cold the treatment she’s gotten from her. “What is wrong with us? Is there something that I did which has crossed the line for you to ignore me and avoid every contact that I’ve initiated?”

The room still laced with silence as Taeyeon was hoping to get an answer from Sooyeon. 

“We agreed if there were something we will confront each other to solve the problem, I thought we were fine with that. But I felt you’ve changed. I don’t know how to approach you anymore, you’re always so tense and anxious whenever I tried to be closed to you.” Taeyeon explained just how frustrated she was. “Sooyeon, you are my wife, what is it so wrong for me to care and show you how much love I have for you? And I couldn’t if you didn’t let me. We were never like this before. We’re like the happiest and the most perfect couple in the world. Everyone was jealous of how our relationship was, how we’re still holding on even there were so many bumps. Even the elder couples were envy. Right now all I could think of is I must’ve done something to upset you to the point that you set the wall up high that I couldn’t even break to reach to you anymore. It pains me to kno-”

“Taeyeon, stop. Please, just stop it.” 

“Give me a logic reason for me to stop.”

“You don’t understand, Taeyeon.”

“Then make me, what is it to hide, Sooyeon? I want to know everything what is happening to my wife. The person that I promise to share her burden with whenever and wherever she needs me to.” Taeyeon’s eyes were full of plea. 

Every words Taeyeon said was expressing how frustrated Taeyeon was and broken she has became when Sooyeon decided to shut her out of her world. Feeling weak, she took hesitant steps back to Taeyeon’s spot. She stood there in front of Taeyeon who was giving her a longing look. Lifting both hands, she ran her fingers to Taeyeon’s flannel shirt buttons.

“Sooyeon, I’m not telling you this just to expose my ual frustration and get you to bed with me.” Taeyeon declared as she saw what her wife doing was undone the button of her shirt before she pushed the piece of material let it slides down the floor leaving Taeyeon in her white tee. “Sooye-” She didn’t have the chance to finish calling out her wife name when a punch landed on her chest as the fist just stayed there leaving her dumbfound.

“Just don’t talk and let me show you this.” It was came out as a pleading and just like that Taeyeon surrendered obeying her wife’s command. Sooyeon’s voice was hoarse and shaky. 

She palmed Taeyeon’s chest so tenderly before let it go and now working to rip off the knot of her towel. Just like that, the towel fell and now she was standing there before Taeyeon’s eyes without a thin of thread left on her body. 

If this was any other day, Taeyeon would have enjoyed the view and let the show begin, but this was the moment she didn’t know what to do or rather didn’t want to do anything before she could grasp what was going on. 

Sooyeon closed the gape between them leaving only a few inches of space for their noses to touch. She hung her head low without doing anything. She felt Taeyeon gazed on her probably wondering what was her next move. Her chest was rise and down as she began to breathe heavily. Gently, Sooyeon lifted Taeyeon’s left hand who was just standing there like a statue then placed it against her right . 

“Sooyeon, I told you I’m not telling you this because you thought I complained about how ual frustrated I am.” Like the words didn’t reach her ears, Sooyeon gave no reaction but instead with both hands she held Taeyeon’s hand back pressed it tighter when the latter tried to break free. “Jessica Kim Sooyeon, stop this in instant!” Taeyeon ordered impatiently, but no her wife just wouldn’t listen. “Sooyeon, stop it!”

“Don’t you see I’m showing you what you want to know? Can’t you feel it?”

“What, what do you mean?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter