Chapter 2: Being Encountered

Pretty Boy

It has been a week, and I've been avoiding, but stalking Hoshi. I've slowly developed a huge crush on him over the week. I've learned that he's a sweetheart, but he can still be cocky at times, which is one thing I like about him. I also learned that he is South Korean-American, which answers my growing question (what kind of Asian is he). And there's one more thing I learned about him: he is very passionate about dancing. He comes to school super early every morning to practice, and honestly, I watch him from start to finish. He's so talented, I'm envious. 

"Okay class, I have a very special assignment for you this year." Mrs. Clarkson, my AP English teacher, said catching all of our attention. "I will be giving you a year long assignment-" That erupted moans and groans. "Now now, you guys will be having partners, don't worry. I want all of you to pair up with someone you know nothing about. I want you want to get to know them, bond, create a relationship with one another; good or bad. Then, at the end of the year, I want you to right an essay about your journey with that person, and what you've come to." 

I loved the idea; it was clever. But there's one thing: Hoshi may have accidentally mixed up his schedule with someone else's, and now, since he's gotten his regular schedule back, he's in most of my classes. Including this one. 

I felt his beautiful, small brown eyes burn the back of my head. I was desperate to find a partner, but all the girls said they wanted to be Hoshi's partner, and the guys... Well, I couldn't really talk to them. Besides, they paired up with the girls Hoshi denied. 

I slumped in my seat and ran my hands through my hair before feeling a tap on my shoulder. Although I didn't want it to be, I knew it was him. I looked up at him cautiously before being met with his eyes. 

"I'm going you no choice, you're going to be my partner." He smiled, then sat next to me. 

Honestly, I wanted to say something back, but whenever I opened my mouth to say something to him, nothing would come out. So, I had no choice then to be his partner. What a way to be forced into something. 

I tried to pay attention through the rest of class, but I couldn't help but glance at Hoshi. I had so many questions I wanted to ask him. Why does he look like an angle sent from heaven? Did his parents actually name him Hoshi? Where is he from? I just wish I was normal enough to ask him those questions. I mean the first question I might keep to myself. 

"Why do you keep staring at me?" Hoshi whispered to me, keeping his attention to the front of the class. 

I pursed my lips and turned the other way, cursing to myself. The bell rung shortly afterwards, and I stood up quickly, but a hand pulled me back down. I gasped and looked at Hoshi, who obviously pulled me. 

"You have a free period, and so do I. Let's talk." He smiled and pulled me up with him, dragging me out the door with him. I yanked my hand from his grip, and held onto my brown bag. He turned around and stared at me. "What's wrong?" I turned away and bit my lip. "Just come on Katrina." I stared at him with wide eyes. How does he know my name? "I talk with your sister; long story, don't ask." 

Anger slowly built up. I'm going to kill her. Why is she talking to Hoshi? Clearly, she knows that I am the one with the crush on him. When did she start liking Asians anyway? I thought she liked the cute buff Mexicans. She betrayed me. 

"I think I know what you're thinking, you're sister and I aren't talking romantically. She's just helping me out with things." 

Oh, okay. That's fine; I'm fine with that. Wait-

I shook my head and yanked my hand away from him again. He looked back at me, and grabbed my arm, pulling me up to him. I looked up at him and shock, while he just stared down at me dominantly. 

"I know some things Katrina, I'm helping you." He said lowly before grabbing my hand again and pulling me out the building. 

Okay, so that's creepy, but then again, he talks to my sister. Of course she told him some things about me. Which I'm going to have to consult her about. I'm thinking that she's told him a bit too much about me. 

We sat outside at a table near the trail. He smiled at me while I looked away awkwardly. I don't know what to do in these kinds of situations. 

"You can talk to me Katrina. I'm not judgmental." He reassured, but I couldn't speak at all. I really couldn't. I wanted to, he was being so nice and understanding, but I literally couldn't talk. "Are you okay?" He furrowed his eyebrows as I began to tear up. I shook my head slowly and got up. "No, Katrina, don't-"

I ignored him and ran towards the trail, until I was lost in the woods. There was a lake near, so I ran until I approached that. I sat down on the dirt and hugged my knees. 

I hate myself. I'm so stubborn and horrible. He was so sweet, and now he's going to think that I'm just some rude snob. Little does he know that I am just a love struck girl who isn't experienced with love at all. 

---Meanwhile---

I walked into my house and straight into my room. I closed the door and crashed onto my bed face down and groaned loudly. 

"Rina?" Kat walked in quietly, knocking on my door. 

"Why did you talk to him?!" I shot up, yelling at her. 

"Well, you see what had happened was, he came up to me because he thought that I was you. I wanted to play along, but I just couldn't, so I told him who I really was. Then he got excited, and asked me things about you, and what he can do to get you to talk to him. He really likes you Katrina." She smiled slightly. I sighed and laid back down. "Rina, you're going to have to work with him-

"Don't you think I'm trying? I've only known him for a week, why do I have to anyways?" I rolled my eyes. 

"You have to, so you won't be running away from men all your life. Katrina, you want to become a fashion designer. You're not going to be able to fulfill your dreams if you keep cowering." 

"Katalina, I keep telling you, I'm trying!" I groaned, and took a deep breath. "It's going to have to take time. You don't realize how hard it is for me." I sat up and looked her in the eye. "I tried so hard to talk to him today. He literally took my hand and dragged me out of that school. I tried Katalina, but I just couldn't talk!" I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I don't even know why you're even trying to be a therapist anyways." 

"I'm not trying to be a therapist Katrina, I'm trying to be a good sister. I'm helping you, you should be thankful for that!" She yelled, stepping back. "I give up. Do what you want Katrina." She turned and walked away. 

"Katalina, wait-