chapter 1

The Heir
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Haeun-ah, hurry up! We're going to be late for class!"

"I'm coming!" Haeun stuffed large physics books in her bag. I'm never going to get used to this. Haeun shook her head.

Having five minutes between classes was hard for runaway princess Haeun to adapt to. Four long years of living as a commoner has helped fighting the urge to order everyone around. Haeun traded her life of high heels and dresses to sweatpants and running shoes.

"I made it!" Haeun panted as she set her belongings down next to her good friend, Kang Minhyuk. For a commoner, he had a quite handsome face. Minhyuk was also very popular at school and well known for his drumming skills. He and his friends got together had a band thing (called CNblue) going on way before Haeun started attending their school. 

Minhyuk put his hand on top of Haeun's head, "Why are you always late? Don't want to get your pretty nails broken?" He teased.

Haeun gave him a well deserved slap on his arm and Minhyuk laughed. Girls around him glared at her. Haeun did get hate for being so close to Minhyuk, but after a few eggs were thrown at her, she quickly showed them that Haeun wasn't someone to be messed around with.

"Class has started. Please sit in your seats," Teacher Choi walked in the door.

"Hey Jonghyun! Put your phone away; the teacher's going to take it away!" Haeun whispered fiercely.

"But my Seungyeon feels lonely!" Jonghyun pouted.

"Your Seungyeon is in the room next door," Minhyuk stated.

"This makes it twice as hard for me to put my phone away! I can't abandon my Seungyeon who is practically in a chair right next to me!" Jonghyun wailed.

Yongwha covered his ears, "It's loud."

"I agree." Student heads all turned to the back. Teacher Choi called, "If it's hard to stay away from your Seungyeon, I suggest that you go sit outside and admire the class next door."

Jonghyun couldn't have moved faster. "Yes ma'am!" He practically bolted out the door.

"Let's carry on with the lesson," the teacher turned back to the board.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Ah my favorite lesson, lunch!" Minhyuk exclaimed as he walked down to the cafeteria.

Haeun laughed as she opened the main doors. "Today's menu is bulgogi."

"Yum. Pass me a plate."

After the two received their food, they sat at a table near the back and slowly the rest of the CNblue members found their way to it.

"Seungyeon-ah, say ah~~" Jonghyun lifted a spoon filled with food.

"Ah~~" Seungyeon giggled as Jonghyun placed the food in .

"It tastes good but it tastes even better because you gave it to me, hubby," Seungyeon exclaimed.

Jungshin threw a wad of napkins at them, "I lost my appetite because of you two. You don't see Minhyuk and Haeun doing that."

Minhyuk turned to Haeun, "Haeun-ah, ah~~"

"Ah~~~~! Yum, because Minhyuk Hubby gave it to me, it tastes so good!" Haeun tried to mimick Seungyeon as best as she could, adding extra unneeded aegyo in there.

"I don't sound like that!" Jonghyun and Seungyeon screeched.

"To you, you probably don't but to us, that's fairly equivalent," Yongwha said with his eyes closed, back leaning against the wall.

"Haeun-ah, if you're done, you wanna go to library? I have a book I need to check out," Minhyuk asked as he cleaned up the table.

"Yeah, hang on." Haeun stuffed her face with her remaining food and put her tray away. "Let's go!"

"We'll see you guys in class," Minhyuk waved and he left with Haeun.

Jungshin leaned in. "Don't you guys think that Haeun and Minhyuk would make a cute couple?"

"Yes

Please log in to read the full chapter