Moving In

New Home

Bom took a deep breath. She moved here from her old house. Even though it would be hard to adapt in this new environment, she has a high expectation that she could at least made a new friend. Perhaps, her neighbor could be her new friend. She had sold her old house and managed to buy a simple and cozy apartment. She had also finished moving the furnitures. She can’t wait to arrive to her new house!

She has bought some groceries on her left and the key of her home on her right hand. She almost tripped on her way along the staircase- but she can’t help to smile when her foot stopped right in front of her apartment’s door. She felt nervous, but home is home. She opened the door with her key, and peeked inside.

She went inside and her smile never faded. The staffs had moved her things and arranged them very neat and nice. She can’t wait to call her mom and boasted about her new home. Maybe it took awhile to forget her past, but she will try her best. She doesn’t want to move and adapt again.

“Ah, yes, the neighbors,” she mumbled. She had forgotten to greet the neighbors because of her excitement. She put her groceries to the refrigerator and then went out from her house. Bom looked around excitedly, but she sighed when she saw that everyone wasn’t around, “Maybe all of them were busy...”

“Oho! You must be the new resident!”

She turned to see a babyfaced girl running lightly towards her. She wore a knee length jeans with a sleeveless shirt, and her hair- it was fascinating to see a girl wore such an eccentric hairstyle. It was almost like an antenna, but even so, the girl looked cute in that weird style.

“Ah, hello...”

The girl took out a lollipop from , “You just arrived right? Welcome to Pandora apartment!” she offered Bom her hand, “My name is Park Sandara. But you can call me Dara- or whatever you like!”

‘She was so cheerful,’ thought Bom, “Thank you for the greeting. My name is Park Bom. You can call me Bom,” she smiled.

Dara looked so happy, “Oh, we’re both Park! Are we sisters? You look like my big sister!”

Both of them laughed, ‘Made a friend, checked’.

“Oh, anyway, are the other neighbors busy?” Bom asked, “Actually, I want to greet them but it was so quiet here...”

Dara nodded, “Most of the residents here are working, even though today is Sunday,” she giggled, “For example, the one who lives next to you is a skilled doctor, that one is a businessman, that one is a nurse and that one is a student- We have so many various working man and woman, so you probably would be thrilled to see us!”

Bom just nodded and smiled.

“Oh, yes, Bommie,” Dara called her with a new nickname that Bom didn’t mind at all, “It’s almost lunch time. Let’s go eat lunch! You see, there is a cafe nearby and their food tasted so delicious!” she looked at her with pleaded eyes, “Let’s eat together, okay? Okay?”

Bom couldn’t say no to Dara’s puppy eyes. She had to admit of how cute and jumpy the girl in front of her, and agreed to eat lunch at the cafe that Dara mentioned. Dara pulled her hand ad they were both on their way to the Ahnenerbe cafe.

When she first heard the name of the cafe, she had thought that the cafe would have a germany feels. The cafe looked traditional, but even so, it had some modern things for the decoration on the wall. The menu were mostly pies, but they served some food for breakfast or lunch. She ordered a pasta with mushroom and the blueberry pie that Dara recommended, and a green tea for her drink. Dara ordered a curry (Bom didn’t thought they would serve curry) and a lemon pie, and an ice chocolate. 

“Umh, I just love the pies. George is an amazing chef,” Dara giggled. She took a sip of her ice choco, “How’s the pasta and the pie? I bet you’re amazed!”

“Yeah... The pasta was cooked very brilliantly,” Bom chuckled. She chopped her pie a bit and ate it, “The pie is amazing too, and the green tea. Overall, they’re all so delicious.”

She nodded in agreement, “I know you’d like it. We should eat here every weekend and try every food they serve here!”

“You’re right...” Bom put her glass down, “Thank you for the lunch, Dara-ah. It was really nice.”

Dara waved her hand, “It’s nothing.”

Both of them walked back to the apartment, chatted about their hobbies and lifes. Mostly Dara told her that it’s nice to live here, and some neighbors are really kind to invite her to eat breakfast, lunch or even dinner together. Some of them are kind enough to help the others through their jobs, and there were many handsome guys lived in the apartment. Bom waved the topic, though, she’s still not ready about guys for now.

And then somehow, she found another neighbor who were arrived to his home and currently opened his door. She blinked. Bom noticed that he was living right next to her.

“Oh, Seunghyun is home!”

‘So, his name is Seunghyun?’ Bom thought.

The man named Seunghyun glanced, and smiled when he saw Dara and Bom.

‘Ah-’

“Hello there, Dara-noona,” he looked at Bom, “Ah, is she the new neighbor?”

Dara nodded, “Yes, you’re right. Bommie, this is Seunghyun. Hyunnie, this is Bom.”

He offered his hand to Bom, “Hello there, Bom-ssi.”

Bom smiled and shook his hand, “Ah, hello there Seunghyun-ssi. It’s nice to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too,” he replied, “Ah, but, I’m sorry but I should go home now. I need to cook lunch,” he said while bowing lightly, “See you next time.”

Dara waved her hands to him and Bom just stared at him as he went inside of his house.

“He might be a bit rude, but he just not as talkative as me,” Dara complained as she sighed, “Ah, anyway. I’ll be going to home first too. I need to finish my work- see you later Bom!”

“See you!”

And she was alone, again.

She sighed, but at least she has made friends with Dara, and hopefuly with her neighbor next house, Seunghyun too. She went inside to her home and sat on her couch, resting her body for awhile before dinner.