2014

Past

Days has always been brighter than the day before. Life has always been something worth looking forward to and nothing had the ability to stop us from living it the way we wished.

 

BREAKFAST

“Wakie wakie sleepy baby!!! Its Saturday and its 9 in the morning and I’ve made breakfast. Your favoriitteeeeee!!!”

I woke up when a voice hollered in my room. Well, our room. The morning rays of the Sun hit my face and blinded my sight but then was covered by a petite dark figure. Her hair’s a mess, wearing an oversized t-shirt  to cover her milky white skin down until her knees, obviously her pants was on the floor and she smelled like me. A beaming smile, which  I dare to say isbrighter than any light the Sun could ever project, greeted my early morning. She dorkily stood there, unfaltering smile still plastered on her small face but when I made it clear that I wanted to go back to dreamland by hiding my whole body in the sheets, she took it off revealing ME. She pinched me everywhere and paused at the bridge of my nose. “Babe wake uppp….. Lets eat. We need the energy after rounds of our little tour…” She said smirking through every single word that came out.

How could I even resist the cutest face in the whole freaking world??! “Arasso….just 5 more minutes…pleaseeee” I covered myself once again, trying to get some sleep when I heard footseps making its way out of the room. “You’re not gonna eat without me, are you???!!” I shouted still under the blankets.

Before I could even unwrap myself to peek on her, I heard her light steps coming from the kitchen. And weirdly she has a fresh cream on her right hand and a bowl of fresh cut strawberries on the other. I tilted myhead in confusion when she stood there, still grinning from ear to ear. Hearing no answer from the latter, I nudged to her hands signalling her to dare to explain.

“Well sleepyhead, since you were not being cooperative with early breakfast which btw I made just for you, English style… In addition to that fact, I’m starving now and I hate eating alone.” The stupid little smile never left her face.

“So you’re suggesting….breakfast in bed?” I smiled seeing how innocent and sweet she is compared to last night.

“Hmmm you can say that but since you’re sleepy, you can just sleep. I’ll eat.”

“But you said you hate eating alone. It doesn’t count if I’m just gonna sleep while you eat…” My words were cut by her.

“Who said I’ll be eating beside you?” She smirked and wiggled her brows.

“You don’t mean? Serio----Ohmagaaadd!” Before I could even finish my sentence or even register her plans, I was already being devoured by that innocent looking monster. But hey I ain’t complaining.

 

And thats how our morning always go whenever I intend to skip breakfast.

 

DEEP TALKS

“Heyy…” She cooed melancholically

“Heyy…”

“Why are you still up?”

“Ask for yourself.. What are you still doing up? Here? At 2 in the morning? ”

“I couldn’t sleep…” She said, closing her eyes, relaxing with every touch the night breeze gave her.

“So you decided to leave me in the room? Alone?”

“Haha its not like anythings gonna happen to you anyways…”

“I might die out of shock, you know… Waking up to an empty spot in the middle of the night…”

“You know I’d never leave you…” and I hummed as answer.

We stood in our apartment balcony in a few minutes of comforting silence when she started to speak again.

“I’m sorry…” She had her head down, her glass of water dangling in her fragile hands.

Instead of asking why right in the instance, I brought our bodies closer, I hugged her and thank God she didn’t push me away. I didn’t ask because I know she doesn’t keep anything away from me and at that time all I wanted was for her to feel safe. With me.

“I’ve had a lot in my mind these days. About us.......about  you.......about our future. And comes the work load. I didn’t tell you because I know your life hasn’t been so easy either ever since we got together…” By now she was sobbing. She felt guilty. Like everything is her fault and they’re all out of her control.

I kissed her forehead and stayed there for awhile. I hugged her tighter and so did she. “You can always tell me anything. Bad things, good things. As long as you’re here beside me, to carry the burden together, I’m up for it. So don’t be sorry. I’m sorry. Because I made you feel like your problems are not important to me.”

Since the cold air was seeping through our skin, making us shiver in spite of the warmth we bring to each other, I dragged her inside. I sat her on the couch in our living room and made my way to the kitchen.

I came back with 2 cups of  hot choco,one with extra marshmallows and one with chocolate powder. I gave her hers and I enjoyed mine.

Now both sitting on the sofa. Settled our beverages on the side table, I made her face me. I looked into her eyes. And I see her worries. Her eyes always have an answer. Always. Satisfied with what she showed me, I pulled her into my embrace because knowing how she is, I know words are just a waste of time. She likes the actions and they calm her down.

 

And thats how our  intensed, real conversations always end like. In each other's embrace, grateful that we have one another and knowing that thats enough.

 

 

PLAYTIME

“Yahh get out of the way…..” I shooed her when she playfully skipped in front of the  TV.

“Shhhhwwwtttt………”

I didn’t notice her but the next thing I  know,  a weight was felt on my poor back.

“Yah! What did you just do? Did you just ‘shhhhwwwtttt me’?! Nobody ‘shhwwttttt’ me!”

“Mianhahe aahhhh aahh mianhae mi ah mianhae I didn’t mean it!” I felt her grasp loosen and unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to shut my mouth from slurring things I shouldn't have.. “Goddd why are you so freaking heavy??? And were you really trying to kill me? Aishhh...”

I was about to continue watching my weekly drama when… “YAHHH DID YOU JUST SAY I’M HEAVY??!!! IS THE TV THAT ATTRACTIVE HUH????? OMG IF I DIDN’T MEAN TO KILL YOU EARLIER, I AM GOING TO TRY RIGHT NOW!!!”

Before she could jump on me again, I managed to turn myself around so she was sitting on top of me and I could at least defend myself. “yah Im sorry Im sorry” Holding both of her hands I tried soothing my way through her fuming heart. But that didn't seem to work when she tried hard wiggling her way out of my grasp. Thank God I'm stronger! 

When she was tired from all the repulsion, I took my chance to turn the tables. I flipped her, making me on top of her. She instinctively shrieked when I did that but she had no energy left to fight back. Slowly I made my way to the side of her body and tickled her as I know how ticklish this loveable girl is. She basically screamed when my finger came in contact with her skin, over and over again. 

I wouldn’t stop until she gives up on trying to fight back. The silence before was gone and the TV was watching us. Giggling. Laughing. Playing sweet revenges to one another.

 

And that has always been how our playtime starts. Ending it with both of us breathing heavily, hugging each other, none dared to move nor had the energy to. But we were happy.

 

 

FIGHTS

“GET THE HELL OUT!!! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOUR ING FACE!” I screamed, wanting you out of my sight. You ing liar.

You took a step closer, your hands trying to reach  me but I backed away, grabbing any object that was in arms length to throw it in your way. “Babe, listen to me…” You pleaded. But all you got was an alarm clock coming towards you in high speed.

“Ouch!!! GOD DAMMIT LISTEN TO ME!! I DIDN’T DO WHAT YOU’RE ACCUSING ME OF DOING!!! I LOVE YOU! I WOULD NEVER EVEN THINK OF DOING THAT! NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!!! NOT WHEN YOU’RE ALL I’VE EVER WANTED!! SO FOR GOD’S ING SAKE STOP THROWING THESE AT ME! .....and for once believe me…as much as I believe you…”

I stopped. You never blew up like that. You were always the composed one. I bit my lip trying to hold the sound of me crying. Trying to deny the honesty in everything you say. Trying to not feel guilty.

“Babe?” You softly called for me. Yet again. You took a step closer. And another and another until you can reach me. You held both of my shoulders, you tried searching for my eyes but unfortunately they were glued to the cold hard floor of our living room out of shame. Embarassment. Guilt. You pulled me closer and God knows how weak I am to your embrace.

I cried on you. But you didn’t mind. Neither did you cry. Instead, you the back of my hair as you know it calms me down.

“Babe…..I’m sorry I yelled at you. I didn’t mean to.”

 

And that has always been how our fights end up like. You’d always be the one who would say sorry. Not minding the fact that I was at fault. I over-reacted. Its you who made me sane every time I go off track.

 

 

We were each other’s strengths and weaknesses. We were each other’s lights. I was your pill and you were mine. The apartment has always been a place we could always call our home. Ours. Though the relationship itself was an obstacle, we didn’t care as long as we’re jumping over it together.

 

As cheeky, erted, noisy, bossy and annoying as you can be in the morning, the mornings with you were the best.

As far as your dark thoughts or my dark thoughts could ever bring us away, my talks with you were the greatest.

As much as I hate being all sweaty, getting jealous, being childish, those playful times with you brought the most excitement.

As much as I hate our arguments, fights, the way we scream at each other, when I assume things, the war with you has always been worth it.

 

 

And for once, happiness seems reachable……….

Not until you left.......