Taeyeon's POV

Truffles and Glasses
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Seeing a newly vacated parking space on the busy street, I indicate and quickly pull in before cutting the engine to my vintage Benz, then turn to face Jessica.

Lost in thought, it takes a moment before she registered that we've reached as close as was can to our destination after finishing work a little earlier than normal. From behind her framed glasses, my fiancée looks at me with a full, toothy smile and I know she's as excited as I feel right now... and perhaps with the same tiny hint of nervous too.

"You ready?" I ask, reaching my hand over and placing it on top of hers with a reassuring squeeze.

Without a word, Jessica turns her hand over so we are palm to palm and interlaces her fingers with mine. She returns the gentle squeeze before raising our combined hands and places a lingering kiss on the back of my hand.

"Then we'd better get moving if we want to pick Krystal up from day care and have some family time before we get ready for dinner," I prompt as Jessica lowers our hands down.

"Ok," Jessica replies, reluctantly letting my hand go.

I exit the car and make my way around to the passenger side to open the door. Jessica told me not long after we began our relationship, that when I did this... hold the door open for her, that is... she knew I was the one for her. I asked her what she meant by that and she replied because if anyone else ever held open the door for her... whether it be a car, elevator, office or entrance door... it would rile her so much. Whereas when I held the door open for her, it didn't rile her in the least. In fact, she said it made her feel special and loved. I told Jessica without a moment's hesitation that she was very special and very much loved.

Jessica gets out of the car and once I have locked it, she links her arm through mine and we make our way a little further up the street.

We got the call we've been waiting for since the day we adopted Krystal.

It takes less than a minute to arrive at our destination, and once again I hold open the door for Jessica.

"Thankyou," Jessica says with a smile as she enters.

She waits for me to enter as well and re-links her arm though mine as we approach the young man and middle age woman quietly chatting to each other.

"Can I help you?" the woman behind the counter questions when we reach the counter.

I nod, "The owner of the store is expecting us."

"She's just on the phone right now. Can I tell her who's waiting?"

Jessica glances at me lovingly before addressing the sales assistant, "The soon-to-be Kim's."

The woman gives us a smile and disappears behind the door. The young man tries his best to discreetly watch us in hope of making a sale while Jessica and I look at the items on display in the counter to pass the time. Unfortunately for the young man, we have no intention of buying anything on display because our purchases have already been accounted for. The sound of the door buzzer echoes around the small space and the young man's attention is diverted to the older gentleman that's just entered.

"Boa won't be a moment..." the woman reappears and holds the door open, "But she would like you to both come this way with me."

I don't mask my confusion at the request and nor does Jessica.

The woman gives us another smile, "She just thought you might like some privacy, but if you're more comfortable out here-"

"No, no! It's just..." Jessica tries to explain our similar reactions, "We weren't expecting... this."

The woman leans closer and whispers almost conspiratorially, "Special customers get special treatment."

She indicates for us to come behind the counter and follow her. Jessica unlinks her arm from mine so she can squeeze past, and I follow just a step behind her. My hand automatically rests on the small of Jessica's back as we follow the woman down the corridor. The woman stops at an open door on right side of the corridor and motions for us to go through. Inside, there is a cosy 2 seater maroon leather chesterfield sofa and a matching single seat; a narrow coffee table with a

Please log in to read the full chapter