Final

At The Hop

Uncomfortable. YoungJae was very uncomfortable. He had only wanted to get away from the pestering looks, but now as he stands with his hands on DaeHyuns' shoulders and DaeHyuns' hands on his waist, he wishes to find some hole to bury himself inside of. Of course a slow song comes on the minute we step on the floor. YoungJae feels his ears burn as he looks at their feet.

DaeHyun ignores the questioning stares as he carefully leads YoungJae around the floor. "Hey, YoungJae"? YoungJae, still refusing to look up, hums in acknowledgement. "YoungJae, look at me". YoungJae musters up all his courage and barely meets DaeHyuns' eyes. DaeHyun gives him a sweet smile when he finally catches his sight. 

"There you go. Just ignore everyone else and focus on me". YoungJae puffs his cheeks as he glances around. "That's kinda hard to do". "No it isn't. YoungJae-yah, you're making this too hard. It's just dancing and it's supposed to be fun". DaeHyun then takes a hold of YoungJaes' hand and slowly spins him around. YoungJaes' face goes through sevral emotions when he meets their original stance. DaeHyun can't stop himself from letting out a chuckle.

"Did I brake you"? YoungJae ignores the question and looks back down at their feet. DaeHyun lets out a sigh. "If you're really that uncomfortable, I'll walk you back to the bleachers". YoungJae looks up and meets DaeHyuns' sad eyes. YoungJae bites his lip and meekly shakes his head. "I...I'll be fine. Let's just....keep dancing". DaeHyun brightens up and YoungJae gives him a small smile.

After a few seconds more the song changes to The Stroll. The teachers and chaperones quickly formed two lines and started to "Stroll". The students quickly caught on and joined to make for a longer isle. "Come on YoungJae. Lets join them"! DaeHyun excitedly pulled YoungJae to join one of the forming lines then ran to the other side across from him. When it came time for them to "stroll" YoungJae was nervous. DaeHyun squeezed his hand in reassurance. "Just keep your eyes on me". 

YoungJae nodded and did as told. After a few seconds of stumbling with DaeHyun, YoungJae let out a laugh. I'm sure we look rediculous. "See there. It's much easier when you let loose. Are you having fun now"? YoungJae smiled and shook his head as the made their way back to the end of the lines.

 

§§§§§§

DaeHyun led YoungJae back to the bleachers. "The Stroll" had ended and the next song was another slow dance. He told YoungJae to rest while he would get them some punch. YoungJae had only been seated for a second when DaeHyun reappeared and handed him a plastic cup. YoungJae thanked him as he sat back down. They both took a drink and cringed at the same time. "Ugh. That's pretty awfull. They should have cut back on the ice and maybe it wouldn't taste so watered down". "Mmh. I agree. Say, I know a place that makes really great strawberry milkshakes. Wanna go? My treat". YoungJae contemplated whether he should ditch JunHong or not. JunHong probably won't care since he is with SunHwa. "Sure. Why not"? DaeHyun, like always, flashed a charming smile. "Great. Let's go"!

YoungJae followed DaeHyun out of the gym. All in all, he had ended up having fun that night. He even made a new friend and is going to get a free milkshake. It doesn't get too much better than that.


 

 

There you have it. I'm feeling ambitious and kinda want to make a saga or trilogy with this. I probably won't get that far, but you can definately look out for a sequel. Let me know what you though of the story.