HaHa's Surprise

Everyone Finds Out

Author's Note: Much of this was influenced from Friends, where Joey/Rachel finds out about Monica & Chandler. Let me know what you think in the comments! xx

 

Gary had woken to his room bathed in the bright afternoon sun. He sat up in bed, a quick glance at his cellphone informed him it was past noon. He could feel a slight tug from his empty stomach reminding him of lunch. He turned to look at his sleeping girlfriend. She looked so calm and peaceful sleeping by his side, Gary knew that Ji Hyo was sleep deprived due to her busy filming schedule and didn't have the heart to wake her up just yet.  Gary decided to reply to emails and texts from his management and his resolve issues over his new clothing label Halyang, an hour later Gary turned over to Ji Hyo once more, no sign of her waking up anytime soon. He chuckled, Ji Hyo could sleep for days without a care of concern. Gary bent over, peppering soft kisses on Ji Hyo's soft cheeks, softly brushing her hair away from her face.

 "Ji Hyo yah..Do you want to order in lunch?" Kang Gary whispered to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo mumbled an answer, her voice muffled by the pillow she was hugging to her chest. Gary wrapped his arms around his sleeping girlfriend's form,

"I'm ordering spicy seafood noodles, pork bulgogi and beef bimbimbap...Your favourites..." Gary teased his girlfriend, snuggling up against Ji Hyo who remained stubbornly asleep. He kissed the back of her head, her hair smelling of honey. Giving her waist a small squeeze, Gary left his warm bed to ring up the restaurant.

"Oppa..." Ji Hyo mumbled sitting up in empty bed, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She pulled herself out of bed, she walked through Gary's apartment. She had an inkling  where he might be....She walked straight to his home studio, knocking softly she turned the handle of the studio door before pushing it open. Gary turned to Ji Hyo a small lip playing on his lips, his headphones still on, he pushed himself away from the console allowing Ji Hyo to sit gingerly on his lap. Ji Hyo rarely stepped into Gary's studio not wanting to disturb him at work. She looked at the large console as different lights were blinking and glowing and numerous switches were flipped. 

"Mong Ji.." Gary pulled his headphones off kissing the tip of her nose as she turned to him with a smile.

"Good morning Oppa.." She replied with a smile. A electric buzzing filled the studio, Ji Hyo turned to Gary a look of confusion crossed her face

"That's lunch Mong Ji..I'll grab the food, give you a little time  to wash up" Gary chuckled as he grabbed his wallet from the console. Ji Hyo hopped off Gary's lap and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

"Annyeonghaseyo, how much is it?" Gary swung open the door while he ruffled through his wallet.

"Gary! You don't have to pay me for it!"HaHa cackled as he held his hand out carrying a bottle of imported whiskey. Gary looked up stunned to see his castmate and good friend standing in front of him

"Yah Gary! Do I look that bad?! Why are you staring at me like that!?" HaHa exclaimed. Gary was stunned, what was Haha of all people doing here?! Ji Hyo's in the shower what if she comes out in a towel how am I going to explain that?! Sibal....

"Yah....I thought you're coming back tomorrow! Come in! We should have a drink, how was your trip?!" Gary was quick on his feet and he knew if he simply accepted HaHa's gift without inviting him in, would only cause HHha to be suspicious. Being on Runningman for 5 years, has resulted in all of them developing a heightened awareness of anything out of the ordinary. HaHa let himself in placing the whiskey bottle in the living room and grabbing ice and glasses from the kitchen. HaHa had lived here with Gary for a few years before he got married to Byul so he felt right at home. 

"HaHa..Pour out the drinks, I'm just gonna grab my phone" Gary walked into his room and scratched a quick note informing Ji Hyo of an unexpected guest and stay hidden in his room. He snuck out of his room stealthily slipping the piece of paper under the bathroom door. Gary was lucky that his bathroom was at a quiet corner of the house away from the living room.

HaHa had poured the whiskey out for Gary and himself, he felt something poking his thigh from where he was sitting. He looked down and pulled out a marron leather embossed Gucci keychain with the intials C.S.I on one side. He sat there puzzled, staring at the 4 keys hooked on the simple and elegant key chain. He knew this was definitely not Gary's...but whose was it? Gary had not mentioned he was seeing anyone...maybe it was a friend of Gary's who left it here..HaHa shrugged it off simply getting up from the couch and  placing the keys on the bar counter of Gary's kitchen.

"So how was New York?" Gary had returned as he thumped HaHa on the back the keychain now forgotten as Haha and Gary sat down and shared stories over drinks.

 

"Yah..Thanks for the company Gary, but I have to pick up Dream from my mother's place." HaHa got up, giving Gary a quck hug and pat on the back.

While the two good friends had shared stories and joked round, Gary had kept his ears peeled for any sounds from Ji Hyo moving around in the house, but the house was still except for the two friends. As Gary breathed a sigh of relief seeing HaHa walking towards the front door. The bell chimed, sibal...who else could that be?! Kim Jong Kook?! Jae Suk?! My mother?! HaHa turned to Gary puzzled 

"Are you expecting someone?" Before Gary could answer, HaHa pulled the door open revealing the delivery boy carrying two bags of food.

"Yah Gary...Are you preparing for a food shortage?" HaHa cackled as he stared at the amount of food Gary had ordered. Gary tried to act nonchalant explaining that he didnt have plans to head out for the next one to two days wanting to focus on recording his new album. HaHa didn't seems supicious his mind alreading on Dream, Byul and plans for dinner. HaHa left with promises to get dinner together later in the week.

"Ji Hyo..HaHa just left and the food's here.." Gary called out as he made his way back to his room. Gary popped his head into his room, Ji Hyo was playing with her cellphone whilst sitting cross legged on the already made bed. 

"Give me a second Oppa, I'm just finishing this email.." Gary watched Ji Hyo, her still wet hair hung loosely around her shoulders, she donned a pair of soft shorts and a slighty oversized t-shirt. She got up strectching and wiggling her toes, a deep purple coating her tiny toenails.

"Let's eat Oppa! I'm so hungry! Oh I forgot to tell you HaHa texted you last night, he said he might be dropping some gift for you. So who came over earlier?" Ji Hyo asked her voice trailing off as she walked over to the food.

 

 

"Oppa...I'm leaving now, I'll see you later!" Ji Hyo called out to Gary, she was dressed casually in a pair of shorts and and her favourite oversized knitted top. Gary was still half asleep when he trudged over to his girlfriend and pecking her softly on the cheeks. 

"Oppa, have you seen my keys? I They're not in my bag" Ji Hyo ruffled through her Burberry bucket bag

"Yah..Did I leave them at home?!" As Ji Hyo continued to ruffle through her bag desperately looking for her keys. Gary spotted the keys sitting on the counter right behind her, wordlessly Gary grabbed her keys and placed them in Ji Hyo's frantic hands. Ji Hyo looked up from her bag to see her red keychain in hand

"I'm sorry Oppa..Thank you..Go back to sleep." Ji Hyo cupped Gary's cheek softly, planting a soft kiss on his lips. Gary manged a small smile and a nod his eyes barely open before he turned and dragged his weary self back to bed.

 

The Running Man cast were all gathered in the green room waiting for filming to start. Almost everyone was on their phones trying to pass the time. Ji Hyo plopped down beside him on the comfy three seater sofa. 

"Yah Ji Hyo, why are you late?" HaHa asked casually his eyes remain glued to his cellphone

"Yah Oppa! I'm not late! Everyone else is...early" Ji Hyo repleid sheepishly. Ji Hyo had been struck in traffic after getting her hair done in the salon. 

"Yah Ji Hyo..Is this yours? I didn't know you embossed your things with your name...Are you afraid someone will steal them?" Jae Suk teased Ji Hyo as he handed her back her keychain

"Thanks Oppa. No! I bought it for myself after I graduated from university" Ji Hyo replied with a big smile. Ji Hyo grabbed the keys for Jae Suk placing them on the table. HaHa looked up seeing the familiar keychain. He couldn't remember where he had seen this particular keychain, until he reached over turning the keychain the intials C.S.I barely visible. 

"Ji Hyo yah...." HaHa was about to ask where Ji Hyo got her keychain from when he stopped short in surprise. I've seen this exact same keychain at Gary's place!

But why are Ji Hyo's keys at his place? He didn't mention her coming over to visit....Yah... Gary would definitely have mentioned it....

A million questions were running through HaHa's mind. Suddenly remembering the picture Ji Suk Jin had sent a few weeks ago..Yah...Maybe it really was them! How long have they been going out?! Yah...

"What is it Oppa?" Ji Hyo turned to Haha.

"Oh..Nothing Ji Hyo..I like your keychain..I was thinking of getting one for Byul.." HaHa went back to his phone trying to compose himself. Ji Hyo and Gary?! HaHa knew that Gary always had a soft spot for the only female cast member in Running Man and he knew that Gary insisted that the show took precedence over any of hiw own personal issues. HaHa felt abit snubbed that Gary hadn't told him anything about it, he wondered if he should confront Gary about or tell Jong Kook...

Yah...the Monday Couple in real life?! I must be dreaming....

 

"Gary?!" HaHa was carrying Dream, standing outside Prada whilst he waited for Byul to finish her shopping. HaHa had spent over an hour in the famous luxury store but while he loved to shop and was keen on seeing Prada's new Spring line, Dream was less than pleased and grew increasingly restless in the quiet store. HaHa was carrying Dream and pointing out the many luxury store fronts, cars and people as Dream calmed down and even giggled when he say a pink car drive by. That was when HaHa noticed a familiar figure across the street. It definitely looked like Gary the familiar backward cap, faded jeans and t-shirt paired with black limited edition Adidas sneakers that HaHa knew for sure Gary owned a pair of. HaHa squitted in the bright afternoon sun, the tattoos adoring the stranger across the street matched the tattoos that Gary had to a T. HaHa observed the stranger across the road exit Hermes carrying its signature orange paperbag. The stranger stopped right outside the storefront and made a phonecall. HaHa felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket.Balancing Dream in one arm as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out his cellphone.

"Gary! I see you've been shopping!" HaHa exclaimed as he tried to sound calm and composed with a laugh.

"What?...Yah! HaHa! I see you! I'm coming over" Gary dashed across the road. Gary give HaHa a pat on the back as he lightly pinched the cheeks of Dream making Dream laugh.

"Yah Gary.. Who's that for?!" HaHa teased, HaHa waited with bated breathe wondering if Gary would blush or even mention Ji Hyo.Gary blushed slightly, as he shifted his weight from foot to foot trying to avoid HaHa's eyes.

"It's just for this girl I've been seeing..."Gary replied with a small smile

"Gary! I've never seen you blush when you talk about girls before...This must be serious?!" HaHa teased once more, hoping to elicit a response from his good friend. Gary seemed to hesitant before answering.

"I..I really like her, she's not like anyone I've dated before..I just haven't told anyone...because I think she might be it..she's...everything" Gary replied with a smile his ears turning red. HaHa was astounded at Gary's words, not only had HaHa never seen Gary so smitten with any girl, he didn't think Gary had felt so strongly about his relationship with Ji Hyo. HaHa realized how important it was to Gary that his relationship with Ji Hyo be kept under wraps until he was ready. HaHa smiled, patting Gary on the arm

"Dream and I are happy for you Gary..For as long as we've been friends, I've never seen you so happy before" 

 

HaHa wasn't at all surprised when a selca of Ji Hyo circulated online, a brand new black H braclet wrapped around her wrist. 

"Thank you for all the birthday wishes from family, friends and fans! Have a good weekend ahead!" HaHa broke into a big smile.

"Jagiya.. Have you seen Ji Hyo's new selca? I love the bracelet she's wearing...Can I get it?" Byul sat beside Haha holding up Ji Hyo's selca on her cellphone.

Sibal...