How Did We Get Here

Everyone Finds Out

Kang Gary rolled over in his sleep, his arms searching for her. He frowned when all he found was the bare cool empty sheets. He sat up in bed rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Sleep fogged his train of thought as he wondered where she was, he didn't know if she had left to go back to her own apartment or if she had slipped out to grab a bite to eat (yes, Gary would wake up in the middle of the night and see her sitting crosslegged in bed munching on kimchi mandu much to Gary's amusement). When a familiar figure walked into the room carrying an armful of various snacks and glass of water, Gary broke into a grin. 

"Ji Hyo ya..Every night this week I wake up to you eating in bed " As Gary reached over to grab the glass of water from her petite hands and taking a long glup from the cool drink.

Ji Hyo stuck her tongue out playfully, she grabbed the tv remote off the tiny bedside table turning on the plasma tv and flicked between channels before finding on a rerun of an old popular Korean drama. Gary watched as Ji Hyo tore open a pack of Matdongsun, her favourite midnight snack. The light of the television filled the room illuminating Ji Hyo's face, Gary studied her face carefully, the messy long hair, her soft cheeks that glowed in the harsh light and her bright eyes that was entirely focused on the plasma tv.

Gary planted a soft kiss on her shoulder, Ji Hyo looked so small clad in one of his worn t-shirts which seemed to swallow her small frame. Gary knew Ji Hyo's bouts of insominia hit hard when she was listless, when she felt her life was empty. The series she was working on, The Ex-Girlfriend Club had wrapped its season and Ji Hyo found herself lost and unsure of what was her next move in the entertainment industry.

" Ji Hyo, it's really late, we have work tomorrow. Why don't we try to get some sleep?" Gary told her softly, as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Ji Hyo nodded mutedly switching the tv off. Ji Hyo lay back down in bed, Gary pulled her waist closer to his. She turned over to face him, Gary brushed the hair away from her face.

" Oppa..Thank you, for always making sure I'm okay." Ji Hyo whispered. 

" Yah Ji Hyo, you're so independent you barely need me " Gary replied light heartedly.

" How did we get here, Oppa? It seems like... it happened just ages ago, doesn't it? One day we're just friends and the next day we're going out..." Ji Hyo nestled her head against his chest

Gary smiled placing a soft kiss on Ji Hyo's dark hair, while it may seem like they got together what seemed like ages ago, it only happened a year ago. He remembered how the rest of the Running Man cast reacted when they found out. While both of them agreed to keep it under wraps until they decided it was serious, they unfortunetly did not do a goob job of hiding their budding relationship from the rest of the cast.

"Ji Hyo..."

"Hmmm.."

"Do you remember when Ji Suk Jin saw us at the cafe?"

Ji Hyo looked up at him before laughing.

"You mean when he saw us on our second date and instead of approaching us, decided to take a picture and send it to the whole cast...and accidentally included us in the message?"

Both of them broke out laughing.