The Project

Is This Love?

What started out as a simple kiss, quickly became something more. I could feel Minho's hands pulling my shirt up and off and I was doing nothing to stop him. His tongue entered my mouth, trying to gain dominance as it explored the moist walls inside. I had to push him off of me before I died from lack of oxygen. Things were becoming too hot between us and I needed to gather my thoughts. 

Why was Minho of all people kissing me?

What was that look in his eyes?

And why was-

Before I could finish that thought, Minho picked me up off the floor and placed me on the bed. Our shirts were off and now I could see Minho unbuckling both of our belts. I had never been in a situation like this and the look in Minho's eyes was of complete lust.

Was he trying to...

"Stop." I said, throwing my hand onto his. "Please." 

Instantly, this snapped him out of what he was doing and he just froze. The look on his face was as if he was petrified and almost regretful of what he was doing.

"I'm sorry, this is just happening too fast." I told him. After, he let go of my pants and dropped his head on my chest.

"No.... I'm sorry" he said into my ear.

For a while we just stayed like that; me lying on my back and Minho on top of me. I could hear his heartbeat slowing down and I wondered if he could hear mine.

"You know..." I tried getting out. "I'm not mad... Just a little confused. I thought, you hated me." 

Quickly, Minho looked up at me and his mouth moved as if he was about to say something. He didn't though and just turned away, got up, grabbed his shirt, and left without saying a single word. Not knowing what to do and hoping this was all a dream, I just laid in the same position for a little longer.

***

The next day at school it was like nothing ever happened. Those set out to making each day hard for me continued in their quest, Minho included. The look in his eyes had returned to being dark and cold. Even in Biology, it had seemed like he didn't care about the project. I tried getting him to participate in the experiment but he was more preoccupied with Ga-in and Minah. They had been all over him since this semester began and I've even heard a few stories about the three of them together.

Being a very attractive guy and the head of the football team, Minho always had girls flocking around him. And he didn't take this for granted either. Some days you'd hear him and his "boys" talking about their latest ual encounter with a girl from this school or another. I never really gave what they said much thought but today I felt a little...hurt. Whatever happened yesterday happened. And today Minho went on as if it didn't and moved on to two other people right in front of me. 

Why was I feeling this way.

RING! RING!

I looked down at my phone to see I had a text from Key.

Hey Tae!! Come over today so we can hang. I have some awesome news I want to share with you ^^

I looked up and smiled. I could always count on Key to brighten my day. Of course I was going to say yes. I had a few things I wanted to tell Key as well. He had been my best friend since middle school after sticking up for me when Lee Seungho tried taking my lunch. He was obviously going to want to hear about what happened between Minho and me. Before I could finish writing the message though,

"Choi Minho! Lee Taemin!" Our teacher yelled across the classroom. "Why is it that I see neither of you working on your project!? Should I just fail the both of you right now?" 

"No sir! We're sorry and it won't happen again, I promise!" I quickly blurted out. I couldn't afford to get a bad grade on this project since it was 25% of our grade and I wanted to keep the A+ I already had.

Minho slowly got up from his seat and sat across from me. In the process we both shared a very short glance before Minho began to glare at me like I was the bane of his existence.

"Here, these are all the notes I've taken so far. You can just take my notebook and bring it back whenever." I told him.

"I don't need that now. I'll copy them when we work on the project at my house today." Minho stated, nonchalantly.

"Wh-what?" I asked.

""Practice is cancelled today since coach wants us to rest before the game tomorrow." He answered while gazing out of the window..

"But, but." I stuttered. "I have to-"

ALARM SOUND!!

"No buts, let's go." Minho said as he grabbed my arm, leading me out of the class and into a now crowded hallway. It was now time to leave and that's usually when a few seniors played several pranks on me before they caught their buses. Luckily, with Minho right next to me today, no one seemed to want to bother me. No one except for... Minho and his friends. 

"Woah, what do we have here?" Taecyeon said.

"Yeah, this loser causing you trouble Minho?" Seungwoo asked as he threw his arm around my neck, slightly choking me.

"Unfortunately he's my bio partner for that major project we have. Don't hurt him too much, I still need to pass."

"Okay whatever you say."Seungwoo said before pushing me to the ground.

"And you better make sure you two pass or your face is going to hurt every day from then on, you got that?" Taecyeon threatened.

"Wow, that's some great encouragement." I mumbled to myself while getting up from the floor.

Why did I have to be so unlucky to get paired with Minho for this project?

***

The ride to Minho's house was quiet. He drove us both in his car and I just looked out of the window closest to me. I watched as we passed various streets and homes I had never seen before. The houses in this neighborhood seemed to be a lot more expensive than the ones in mine. It didn't take long before we were pulling in to Minho's driveway. He wasn't one to follow speed limits.

"This is my home." He said briefly while getting out of the car. 



HEY EVERYONE!!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I wasn't planning on ending it here but I really just wanted to put something up today. ^^ We are still in a flashback of how this all started and by the end of next chapter, everything will have caught up to present time where we left off from chapter 1. Confused? That's okay, hopefully everything will make sense soon. The next chapter should be up within the next 24 hours so look out for that as well. I'm enjoying writing this.