Chapter 2

Love and Friendship

Hyukjae and Donghae walked through the school's hallways to their classrooms to meet their friends. Upon arriving, Sungmin latched himself onto Donghae.

'Haeeee!! You have to help me, I freaking forgot the assignment Mr.Kim gave for today! Help me pleazzz?' Sungmin was practically going crazy not wanting to be punished for not doing the homework. So he pleaded Donghae to help him with his cutest aygyeo and puppy eyes.

What both didn't notice was Hyukjae's jealous glare towards Sungmin who was a tad bit too close to his best friend. However that didn't go unnoticed by Kyuhyun, holding a knowing smirk, maybe the monkey hasn't realised yet but he does love Hae or at least likes him. Kyuhyun knew about his hyung's, Donghae's, not so little crush over his childhood best friend Lee Hyukjae, being the one Donghae goes to whenever he needs someone to pour his emotions to. He had been urging Donghae to confess his feelings, however the latter was too afraid of losing his friendship for the sake of him confessing his feelings. He had to agree to that though, Hyukjae really was a slowpoke and completely oblivious of his feelings towards Donghae or Donghae's to him.

'Okay! I'll help you but you only ever come to me whenever you need my help' Kyuhyun was torn out from his thoughts when Donghae agreed to help Sungmin. He glanced up to see Donghae pouting, and in the corner of his eyes, he could see Hyukjae grinning while eyeing Donghae's pout.

He made up his mind to help his hyung with the monkey. Fortunately for Sungmin, the teacher was absent and Donghae's help kind of was useless but at least he got the work done mostly by Donghae. Their other classes went by smoothly, both best friends stealing glances at each other from time to time being observed by Kyuhyun who was going to report everything to their Heechul hyung who he was sure was going to help him. Donghae concentrated in class taking down notes diligently since he was the top student after Kyuhyun, the genius, of course and Hyukjae was pretty good also coming just after Donghae in their examinations' ranking.

Lunch time came rather quickly much to Hyukjae's relief since he was starving to death.

'Donghae! Let's go quickly! I'm so hungry!!' Hyukjae said while urging Donghae.

'Yah monkey! Stop! Why do you even need me? Just go to the cafeteria by yourself if you're so hungry!' Donghae snapped at the latter.

'But I don't wanna go by myself! Yah you're supposed to be my best friend! Stop complaining and just come already'

'Says the one who's starving to death' Donghae finally caved in and followed Hyukjae to the cafeteria with Kyuhyun and Sungmin trailing behind. After taking their food, they brought their trays to a table where Heechul was already eating while waiting for them.

'Hey Heechul hyung!!' Donghae greeted with a huge smile, glad to see his hyung.

'Hey my favourite dongsaeng! How are you doing?' Heechul replied.

'Fine. The classes were kind of boring today' Donghae pouted.

 


 

The day went by and soon the bell rung indicating the end of the school day. Donghae and Hyukjae bid goodbye to their friends and walked towards their houses.

'Hey Fishy!'

'Uhm?'

'Can I stay at your place today? Since my parents are away and I don't wanna stay at home alone.'

'Of course Hyukkie! I'm sure my parents won't mind since they like you so much!!'

'Alright then can we stop by my house so i can gather my clothes?'

'Of course. Hyukkie, I think you should keep some of your clothes at my place since you stay with us quite often?' Donghae suggested.

'Okay then!' Shortly after, they arrived at Hyukjae's place and the latter hurried to his bedroom to pack his belongings while Donghae trailed behind him and flopped down on his bed while waiting for him. Soon, Hyukjae was ready and they set out to Donghae's house which was meerely 10 footsteps away.

'Mum!!!' Donghae called out as they entered his house. His mum came rushing from the kitchen to greet her son.

'Hae you are back already? Ohh Hyukkie you too? What's with that bag? Are you staying over?' She kept rambling while the two boys chuckled.

'Yeah mum, Hyukkie is staying over for some time, you don't mind, right?'

'Of course I don't mind!' His mum said with a matter of fact tone.

'I'm sorry for intruding aunty' Hyukjae said.

'It's okay Hyukkie, we don't mind at all, now boys go upstairs and wait till dinner's ready okay? Hae, your dad should be back soon. So you can relax with Hyuk in your room, ok? Now shoo!' She sent the boys away upstairs and scurried back to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Meanwhile, Donghae and Hyukjae headed to Donghae's room, changed into more comfortable clothes and settled on the bed.

 


 

Sorry for super lateee update

I hope you like it and i'll try updating soon.

Sorry for any mistakes

I find the sorry quite lame right now

Thks for subscribers and comments