Sometimes You Just Have To Care/Ask

Sometimes You Just Have to Care
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The scolding he suddenly receives is what arises Sunggyu from his state of lost and deaf day dreaming and fixed stare at the middle point of his teacher's boring daily-lecture.
 
Apparently, in his near vegetive state and brain, he subconsciously started to tap the worn and stained black eraser of his mechanical pencil against the tray of his wooden desk in a fast paced beat to the song constantly replaying in his thoughts. 
 
The girl who sat in front of him, who he can't recall her name, was open minded and feared not what others thought of her. In her air of confidence, she abruptly turned around and grabbed the edges of the desk with the slams of her palms echoing, knuckles turning white with the strength of her grip. She glared intensely into Sunggyu's eyes, attempting to establish fear in the male to make known her alpha state. Sunggyu could have sworn he watched her dark brown eyes curl into crimson slits. 

"Quit it," she hissed, venomous based spray threatening to seep through her straight teeth. If fear was her top priority for the male, she definitely accomplished it and many more assets. 
 
Sunggyu quickly nodded and brought his hands along with the writing utensil to rest in his lap and remained there as long as the girl was facing him. Seeing as her work was done, she turned back around in her seat and settled into comfort. Sunggyu's hands immediately returned to their original spot, but ceased to tap the pencil in hand for fear of his classmate's wrath. 
 
Sunggyu sighed lightly, anxiety creeping up his spine as he did so, afraid the girl would turn back around and do worse than what she already did. For example, inflict physical contact with a direct hit to the cranium. Her irritation and patience levels were close to zero, he noted. 
 
His eyes then wandered around the small room that smelled of aged books, aged paper, overall, aged everything. Even students that were long gone and graduated from the school lingered in smell. It was dull and dark, color missing except for the brand new posters that the teacher showcased on the walls, reminding everyone to "do their best!" There was a single chalk board that covered the whole wall, but hadn't been touched in ages, having been replaced by a projector that was in need of a fixing. His teacher's monotone voice drawled on and on, sounding like a dull buzz in Sunggyu's tortured cranium. 
 
He was in class for the Language of Compositon, despite being a senior in status in a junior class. He was not the nicest, nor the sharpest knife in the drawer. Sunggyu was never talented in his studies and as results read: he takes lower level courses in hopes of getting a high enough GPA to work at any other place than McDonalds. 
 
It was the fourth, hence the last quarter of the school year and Sunggyu was beyond scared. He was a childish teenager who still relied on his parents to buy him and his basketball friends their pizza when they come over to hang out after a game. He still copied off of others in class, even the freshman in his Algebra II class. After this event of school, he would have to try and discover a school that will accept a clueless, unintelligent being like him. He knew that he had to shape up soon if he wanted to fix his life for the future. 

That day wasn't going to be today. 
 
Instead of listening to the teachings of his dinosaur of a teacher to do well for the day's lesson, he leaned back in his seat until his back was firmly pressed flat against the empty desk behind him in a stretch. He straightened back up and let his eyes wander once more. 
 
This time it was focused on the students. They had recently moved seats and he was always found to be placed in the front seat to guarantee attention from him, but that proved to be a failure once he failed his third quarter exam. He was now in the very back and was able to judge every student without them noticing. 
 
Sunggyu scoffed when he observed one girl who was very large in size and was somehow able to fit inside the small school desk. Her uniform looked too tight for comfort and Sunggyu almost burst out laughing when he noticed she was sneaking and consuming chips from a small bag hidden inside her school back pack. Sunggyu swore that all he saw in that back pack was food upon food. 
 
Sunggyu continued to finish through his diminishing list of students. Each person, even though not expecting it, was observed with one characteristic trait of their being and judged to a hurtful extent with no intention of discovering. 
 
He was not the kindest person and was indeed a hateful, and hated one. 
 
Sunggyu mentally pouted as he noticed that there were only four people left to make fun of. He went through the first of the last three juniors, making sure so that whatever he said about them was the most hurtful and jaw dropping. Moving onto the very last, whom sat diagonally to his right, he desired to concoct the most horrendous words to describe him, words that would make him cry and run home to his mommy, but he couldn't find the heart to do it. 
 
The last victim of his actions was a male junior, of course. He was short from what Sunggyu could tell, or his poor posture just made him seem shorter than he really was. His uniform was form fitting on him, not due to the reason of being oversized, but instead due to the muscle mass accumulated at the boy's arms and torso, accentuating at his thighs. The jacket showed off the toned shape to his body well, as well as the pants which showed off a pair of heavily muscled thighs and calves. He wore a single gold cuff in the shape of a wing attaching to the middle of his ear. He sported his natural, straight, and jet black hair, which caught Sunggyu's attention majorly. Everyone in the room had dyed their hair to a different color due to the latest fashion trends. Even his own mane was red in name, but a bright orange in color. 
 
He couldn't tell much more from his angle except for the boy's hands, which were folded neatly on the desk in front of him, fingers overlapping the knuckles. Sunggyu could see each prominent, individual tendon from his seat as they were shadowed by the room's lighting, leading to the ten slim fingers. The nails were well cared for and free of dirt. Sunggyu admired that both thumbs and a collection of a few fingers were adorned with rings of multifarious types and styles. 
 
Sunggyu then realized, he has never seen this boy, nor heard him speak a word. Sunggyu was always seated in front, so knowledge of the boy was obscured and limited. 
 
In his moment of peering, he was suddenly smacked in the face by a thick object, the edges threatening to cut his fragile skin. When Sunggyu looked, it proved to be a stack of thick sheets of paper the girl in front of him was handing back. He took them without a word and rested his eyes once again on Dongwoo. 
 
"Hey," he whispered to the girl hesitantly. She turned around with a threateningly dangerous glare, but Sunggyu ignored her gaze to ask, "Who sits right there?" he pointed in the boy's direction, hoping she cared enough to know and answer. 
 
The girl looked and her eyes softened a bit when her focal point was on the student. She turned back to Sunggyu with an almost solemn expression. She leaned closer, maybe too close for comfort and whispered, "That's Jang Dongwoo. Why?" 
 
Sunggyu smiled at the name, liking immediately how it flowed together nicely and flipped off the tongue, "I have never seen the kid before." 
 
The girl nodded her head and added, "He's been here all year and is actually the highest scoring student in class. He could be taking a more advanced class, but he chose not to," she turned her head once more to look at Dongwoo to see him working immediately on his homework assignment with no need for the material provided. He had already memorized it all, "He's chronically shy."
 
So that's why he had never acknowledged the guy, "Really?" Sunggyu asked. 
 
The girl nodded her head and continued to add information, "I've known him since I was in primary school. He doesn't have any friends and would rather die than talk to someone," she sighed, while turning her head in his direction, reminiscing about the days when she was as close as anyone could get to Dongwoo, their conversations reduced to a simple "Hello" and "How are you?" She was honestly the closest thing he ever had to a friend if not one. 
 
"Jieun! Sunggyu!" an aged voice interrupted. Both students turned to see their teacher delivering them a look that read irritation. He didn't need to say anything else for them to understand his wish for they immediately started on the assignment. 
 
Not so much Sunggyu since he had no idea what the assignment was talking about. So he looked up at Jang Dongwoo, admiring the way his hands moved along with the pencil gripped in his hand. He noticed how the younger held the pencil differently and it was no wonder why his hands were so slim. The way he held it had to burn thrice the amount of calories than anyone ever should by just writing. Considering you burn calories by writing...
 
Sunggyu needed a way to gain the male's attention and the perfect moment arrived when their teacher left the room to make an extra copy for a student who majorly screwed up the assignment already. He was the one that Sunggyu labeled as an idiot who would end up on the street, unable to hold down a job. 
 
The very second when their teacher's leather heel lifted from the disgusting carpet out the door and disappeared, Sunggyu turned and spoke quietly, "Hey! Jang Dongwoo!" he was quiet still because this class was full of nerds who only worked on the assignment instead of take the opportunity to talk and socialize. 
 
The male didn't seem to hear his name being called even after the third time Sunggyu spoke it. So the senior's last resort was to throw his pencil at the poor junior. 
 
Sunggyu picked up his pencil and carefully aimed, making sure he didn't embed the lead point into the boy's light gray jacket. He finally tossed the utensil, the smooth plastic leaving his fingertips and gliding through the air to land against Dongwoo's shoulder and bounce back behind him. 
 
Dongwoo flinched against the contact and almost curled into a ball. Sunggyu mentally cheered when Dongwoo actually turned his head to pinpoint who threw the item at him and his light brown eyes landed right on Sunggyu. Instead of him saying a few words to tell the senior to not bother him anymore, he shrugged closer to his body and actually spoke, "I'm sorry," and then he stooped over and picked up the pencil, ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter