×Mutant 101

¦X-Academy's No Mercy Test¦Accepting new student mutants for Class SS⇒Applications are now open!
What are Mutants?
All mutants have a genetic mutation called an X-Gene that causes their bodies to develop abilities that regular humans, are unable to. The majority of mutants develop these abilities, which vary from person to person, usually upon puberty, though there are some mutants who display powers and/or physical mutations from birth, or in their twenties. Some mutants even display abilities from within the womb.

What are Mutant abilities/powers?
Mutant powers vary seemingly without limit. Examples of powers shared by many individuals include: telepathy, telekinesis, flight, energy projection, accelerated healing and enhanced physical strength, agility, or senses; all to variable limits. Mutation can also entail a minor to radical alteration in physical appearance from the normal human- wings, gills, a tail, fur, altered skin color, etc.

Mutant powers can grow and increase as the mutant grows and develops. Some powers remain latent until activated by severe stress, or remain unnoticed throughout the person's lifetime, while others are apparent immediately from birth. Some individuals have a secondary mutation which activates in adulthood. For some mutants, several years of self-discipline are needed before they can control their powers, while others never gain full control of their powers.


What are Mutant genetics?
Mutants may be born to human or mutant parents, though the odds of a mutant birth are much better for the latter. Likewise, it is rare but possible for mutant parents to have human children, Mutant children born to mutant parent(s) will not necessarily have the same power(s) as their parent(s), nor will they necessarily have the same power(s) as any mutant siblings they may have; however, examples of children with the same power(s) as their parents and/or siblings are not uncommon.

There is, however, a chance that mutants may not even be able to reproduce a child at all. 

What are the types of mutants?
 Externals are immortal mutants, but they could be killed off. they are the rarest type and are endangered . they are immediately taken into the academy once they are spotted, they are carefully watched and protected under the care of the academy.

Changelings are mutants whose power manifests at birth. They are the superior type of mutant.

Dominant Species include the animal like mutants. not all of them have a full out look of an animal if any mutant is seen with any animal like features on the body, they are immdiately classified into this type (mutants who have wings are also included into this type)

mutant aliens not all mutants are humans, these are mutants who are from outside the Earth

mutate those mutants whose DNA are mutated by an external force, those that are altered by an external stimulus such as radiation,toxic shock,chemicals or even energy. They are the Most Common type of mutant.