0.008.8.19.1

;` blossom.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ A/N: a- hi !! i finally had time to complete the first part of it. it took me more than a month, oh goodness. i'm really sorry for the wait. it really didn't turn out the way i liked it to be but- oh well. i hope you somehow will like it even just a bit. < 3 }

 

It was quite a surprise for Yifan when he spotted his long-time girlfriend waiting for him, sitting at the lobby of the hospital where he's currently doing his rotation for his third year in medical school. It was a rare occurrence for her to visit him in here since her own workplace is two rides away from here. She was restless on her seat, always shifting every moment, as if something was deeply bothering her. There and then, Yifan knew there was something peculiar. Trying not to let worry eat his mind, he sauntered ahead to where she was sitting.

 

"Luhan?" he said with the most gentle voice he could muster, yet worry and confusion could still be heard.

 

Said Luhan visibly flinched as soon as that very familiar voice reached her ears, making her snap her head towards that direction. Her large doe eyes only got wider when she found out who the owner of the voice was.

 

"Yifan..."

 

"Hey baby," Yifan smiled. He didn't like the expression etched in Luhan's face that time but he decided not to pry. Luhan would tell him soon when the time comes. He settled down on the seat beside hers and pressed a chaste kiss on her forehead, one arm wrapping around her shoulders to pull her close. "Why are you here in the lobby, hm? Didn't I tell you that if you'd decide to visit me, you can just go straight in my office and just wait there instead?"

 

"I know you did but—" Luhan muttered a soft sigh. She rested her head against the crevice of Yifan's neck, trying to seek his comfort in which Yifan gladly gave. "I... I just don't feel comfortable going in there."

 

"Well, you could have messaged me that you're here though so I could log out earlier. I'll just go get my things then we can go, alright?"

 

Luhan was about to protest but before she could say something, a pair of soft familiar lips collided with her own ones, silencing every word she was trying to say.

 

"Be right back." With a wink, Yifan chuckled and made his way back to his office.

 

"Going out early as well?" his partner asked as soon as Yifan reached his destination. He was the one who Yifan could consider as his best friend.

 

Shrugging his coat off his shoulders, he tentatively glanced at the other male inside the room, who was putting his own coat inside his bag.

 

"Yeah. Luhan's out there waiting for me," he answered as he was removing his stethoscope and dumped it inside his bag, along with his now-crumpled white coat. "Something seems bothering her and I just can't leave her like that." He swore he heard the other mumble whipped and a snort but Yifan decided to just let it go. "What about you? I noticed you've been going out earlier than usual this past few days."

 

"Baekhyun's quite demanding," the male sighed. "She's in her third trimester now and she is insisting that I should always be with her all the time or the baby would feel he isn't loved by his father when all the things I'm doing are just for her and the baby only, damn."

 

And you say I'm the whipped one, Yifan thought but dared not to say it out loud. He could see the tiredness on Chanyeol's face whenever he'd come to work first thing in the morning. Even though he keeps on flashing that toothy grin all throughout the day, Yifan, being the self-proclaimed best friend of the other giant, noticed he wasn't that as bright anymore. Add the fact that Chanyeol kept on complaining to him about pregnant people and how impossible they could get ("She even forced me to buy chocolate in the middle of a heavy rain! And when I came back, she said she wants choco ice cream instead and cried. I said it's just the same and stop being overdramatic. I spent the whole night locked in the basement after."), so he decided to give him some slack.

 

"I pity you, bro. I hope Luhan wouldn't be that harsh to me when that moment will come to us," Yifan uttered in a jocular manner.

 

“Yah! Don’t joke on things like that. It might come true,” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes playfully. "But dude, I hope she'd be more of a dictator than Baekhyun ever is. Just so you know how it feels like to be in my shoes." Checking everything one last time, he grabbed his bag and made his way to the door, waving a casual good bye to Yifan. "See you tomorrow."

 

Yifan grunted a similar reply and was locking their shared office door after a few minutes.

 

 

The first thing Yifan witnessed when he reached the lobby was Dr. Kim having a conversation with his beloved. Curiosity was now taking over him but before he could make a step closer, Dr. Kim was already walking away, leaving a visibly dreaded Luhan behind.

 

Wasting no time, the lad rushed to Luhan's side and carefully enveloped her in a comforting hug. Luhan, in turn, wrapped her arms around Yifan's waist as well. They took their time basking in each other's warmth. No words were needed. Just the assurance of one always being there and the other that they weren't alone. Yifan muttered a simple Let's go after a while, where he got a sweet smile from Luhan as a reply and led her outside to go back home.

 

 

"Yifan?" Luhan suddenly inquired.

 

The man raised his head up from the book in his hand and shifted his attention to the girl beside him, who was obviously nervous about something Yifan had yet to know.

 

They were already on the bed, Yifan trying to finish reading his novel while Luhan, on the other hand, was just lying down on her back, eyes fixated on the ceiling as her hand was unconsciously playing with Yifan's slim fingers.

 

"We've been together for how many years already?" Ah, time for reminiscing then. Yifan closed his book after marking the page and placed it inside the nightstand drawer. Sliding down the bed, the taller positioned himself into a more comfortable one before he gathered his love in his arms, Luhan scooting closer to bury her face against Yifan's chest, a habit she had picked up from way back.

 

"It hurts me that you don't know," Yifan teased, earning a light slap on his chest from Luhan. The lad just chuckled and answered, "Alright. Eight years? Back when we were still high school? I was 15 and you were only 16 when we got together."

 

"And do you think in those eight years that we shared together," Luhan stopped, biting her lower lip as she took a deep breath before she continued, "you're never ever going to leave me?"

 

Yifan furrowed his brows. "What?"

 

"Even if I did something stupid? Something you might regret?"

 

"Luhan, I don't get it—"

 

"Because I need to be sure!" Luhan stated. She raised his head from his chest to meet Yifan's eyes, and Yifan swore something broke inside him when he saw those glassy brown orbs staring back at him. "I c-can't live without you, Yifan. It hurts to be even away from you for a second. But I-I don't want to force you into this mess. Just tell me you don't want me anymore and I'd walk away completely from your life."

 

And soon, Luhan began to cry. Tears rapidly stained her cheeks and Yifan was completely at a loss. His lover was a strong woman. He'd never seen Luhan break down like this for such a small reason or question.

 

Unless he was wrong. Unless there was a huge reason behind Luhan's words.

 

"Luhan..." Yifan began, but Luhan merely shook her head.

 

"No, no. Let me talk first," she responded instead, her hands busy wiping her tears away. "I-I wasn't in the hospital a while ago because of you." Her voice cracked at the end but that was the least of her concern tonight. Sniffles could be heard from her as she sat up and reached inside the nightstand drawer, fishing an opened envelope.

 

"I visited a friend in there," she stated, eyes fixated at the white letter on her lap, refusing to meet Yifan's questioning gaze. "Y-You must know her. Kim Junmyeon, she's an ob-gyne in the hospital. A-and well, I needed her help to confirm something."

 

The way Luhan was clutching so tight at the piece of paper made the taller realize that the answer was somehow written on it. Yifan couldn't help but feel nervous as time ticked by. There were too many what if's running in his mind. What if it was something serious? What if he'd really lose Luhan because of this? Or what if it was just a false alarm?

 

"Luhan," Yifan started again and this time, he was the one who shook his head when he saw the other about to complain. "No, listen to me this time. Whatever thing you've ever confirmed with her, no matter how severe you think it is, just please always remember that I'll always be by your side and will never leave you because of it. No matter what. Okay?"

 

And it seemed like she felt Yifan's words in her heart because in the next second, Luhan was bawling once again. Yifan chuckled silently at the sight and pressed a light kiss on his love's forehead. He shouldn't be enjoying seeing Luhan get worked up and cry but she was just too adorable for his own good. He quietly whispered those three sweet words against her ear and wrapped his arms around her. Luhan buried her face against his chest while the taller rocked slightly until she calmed down. And soon, Yifan felt the female dozed off inside his embrace.

 

He tried to peek at Luhan and grinned at the sight. The beauty was apparently asleep already, lips slightly parted but already deep in her slumber. "Drifting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter