Final

Forevermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun.

That was all and still what Sunggyu thinks about ever since that tragic day.

“Hyung, please go.”

“No, I’m not going without you.” I said stubbornly, gripping Woohyun’s hands tightly as I shook my head vigorously.

“Do you trust me?” Woohyun suddenly asked, looking at me with all seriousness.

I nodded my head repeatedly, mumbling “yes, yes I do” as tears continuously stained my face.

“Then listen to me Sunggyu. Let go, just for now eung? I promise I will find you and when… when I do I will never let you go again. I promise.” Woohyun said, sobbing as he freed his hands from my shaking hands. He looked at me with that charming smile of his and leaned in for one last (?) kiss.

I closed my eyes carving this moment forever in my memory. As he broke the kiss, he then let go of the boat, giving me his signature stupid smile and whispered “Wait for me Gyu. I love you.” He stands back and pushed away the boat that supposed to lead us to freedom we always dreamed of.

I wept, cried my eyes out “Woohyun!!! NO!!! NO!!! NOOOO!!!” as he disappears from my sight and sadly out of my reach.

As we, my friends and I started a new life, I somehow convinced myself to be strong and wait for Woohyun. Yet when night falls, I find my resolved crumbling as I yearned for him. I suddenly felt weak, helpless as I remembered those bittersweet memories. I hugged my knees up to my chest and rocked my body back and forth, comforting myself as tears rolled down my cheeks for thousandth of times. I let the spring breeze lulled me to sleep and pray for the same thing since that day for Woohyun’s safe return.

I sighed for the umpteenth time as it is still another day without Woohyun. I can chose not to go to work but I still do to distract myself and keep myself from overthinking. I become quite successful after years of living here in Seoul. I have now my own café named Namu and a small flower shop which I shared ownership with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. They were with me at that time also Dongwoo and Hoya who owns a dancing studio and teaches dancing now, only they were lucky to have the ones they love with them, unlike me. At first, I blamed them for not doing anything to save Woohyun and harshly told them that they only think about themselves. I was a real jerk back then, few months when we got here. I was expecting one of them to hit me but nothing came. Instead I only saw tears, sadness and regrets. I saw how hurt they were and sorry they were that the only thing I could do was cry and say ‘sorry’ over and over again. Of course we are all hopeless back then. We were all just abandoned, powerless kids. Woohyun and I took care of them in that miserable island even if we were just kids as well. Woohyun and I were the oldest, 16, the rest are only 13&14. We stood by each other like family and got each other’s back. I was the ‘Omma’ and Woohyun is of course the ‘Appa’. Even though I was nagging them endlessly and Woohyun was stupid most of the time, we all get along well. When problem comes, it was Woohyun and I who solve it but mostly Woohyun since he doesn’t like seeing me get hurt. Yes, Woohyun is very protective towards me but you can bet I’ll do the same for Woohyun. It’s funny how we argue about who is going to take the punishment because in the end we always go through it together. Being together was the only pleasant memory we had in that place and now I desperately want it back, but together with Woohyun.

I sighed as I entered the café I built over these years for me and Woohyun. I built it with Woohyun in my memory and his smile that will bring sunshine in this place. I was lost once again in Woohyun’s memory when I felt a tap on my shoulder and face Myungsoo w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter