Ch. 2

Merry-Go-Round
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If he’s not going to eat the toast, may I have it please?”

Jongwoon looked at seventeen year old Hyuna with her messy caramel colored hair and doe eyes that stared at him hopefully, with just a tinge of suppressed pain behind those chocolate orbs. He sighed lightly and nodded, scooting the plastic plate across the table for her to have; it wasn’t like Kibum was going to touch it.

“Thank you,” Hyuna said quietly, picking up a piece of buttered bread and taking a small bite. She kept her eyes downcast and a small blush of rosy red spread across her nose and cheeks in embarrassment. Already she had eaten three bowls of cereal and a banana but Jongwoon kept his mouth shut and didn’t comment on it. Hyuna was a stress eater and often when she was upset about something she overate, but unless she went too overboard he let her be. An appetite was better than none and at least she never went days without eating like Kibum did.

Jongwoon turned his attention back to the silent boy who had not moved once in the fifteen minutes they’d been sitting there. In just a moment he would have to get Kibum to get up and head to Doctor Choi’s office for their daily session and that was going to be a struggle; Kibum did not like to be bothered once he’d gotten settled.

“I wouldn’t bother if I were you,” Hyuna commented, staring at Jongwoon with a soft smirk as if she’d been reading his mind. “You know he isn’t going to move anyways.”

“He’s having a good day so far, he might just get up,” Jongwoon reminded her, beckoning to the fact that the kid was actually in the cafeteria with them rather than his room. “Hey, Kibum, Doctor Choi is probably ready to see you now. Why don’t we go to his office?”

They both watched him closely and Hyuna chuckled when nothing happened. Jongwoon sent her a look and stood up, placing a hand on Kibum’s arm to gently pull him up.

“Come on, let’s get moving,” Jongwoon said, but Kibum refused to budge. “Kibum. Kibum. Kibum.”

“Told you so,” Hyuna interjected with a grin.

“Kibum you need to move. Doctor Choi is waiting in his office for you,” he said impatiently but still nothing happened. He sighed exasperatedly and turned to Hyuna. “I’ll be right back, just stay here.”

Leaving the cafeteria, Jongwoon headed down the vacant hallway until he reached the doctor’s office. The door was closed but he knew Choi was in there and so he knocked twice on the door before opening it and stepping inside. He found Doctor Choi reading a case file and just like every other morning, Doctor Choi looked up with a half amused expression when he saw Jongwoon arrive without Kibum in hand.

“He’s still in the cafeteria. I can’t tell if he’s having a good day or a bad day. He came out of his room easily enough but he hasn’t touched his breakfast and it’s been two days since he’s eaten or drank anything. I’m afraid I’ll have to put in another IV if he doesn’t eat something by supper time,” Jongwoon informed the man professionally.

“Well I suppose I’ll sit with him in the cafeteria this morning,” Doctor Choi responded good-naturedly. It was no surprise; Kibum rarely ever visited the office so Doctor Choi just held their sessions wherever Kibum was each day.

“Sir, I saw on his schedule that you wrote him down for a bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter