Prologue

Merry-Go-Round
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world around him was white.

Everywhere he looked there was white; it surrounded him and there was absolutely no escaping it. The walls and ceilings that held him captive in the small facility were white and the floors, dirty as they may be, were white. The plastic dishes and utensils in the cafeteria were white, the soft pajamas he had to wear all the time were white, and even the doctor’s jacket was white; just like in the movies.

He could remember being asleep for a very long time and merely floating in between time and space in a place of blank nothingness. It was a strange, vacant place but even then it had been pure white and in the distance there was a glowing orb that was brighter than everything else. Part of him had known what it meant; he was supposed to follow the light into the great beyond. If it was white, surely it meant that heaven was awaiting him so he’d run straight for it with all his strength.

But then a voice broke through the barriers and the place shattered beneath his feet. He’d finally woken up and the instant that his eyes blinked open he was blinded with whiteness and since then his world began to revolve around the white facility that he’d been confined to. The white coated doctor, a nurse with squeaky white shoes, and another person donning the same white pajamas he wore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter