Chapter 9

The Perfect Love Story

 

Not too long after the car pulled up to the restaurant. One by one they all hoped out. As Taeyang jumped up his knee locked up which he quickly recovered from his stumble. Only Taeyeon saw him stumble as the other girls went into the restaurant to reserve a table. As he straightened back up he saw the perfect moment, an d as Taeyeon turned to walk to the restaurant after she had asked him if he was alright, he grabbed her hand and turned her towards him. “Taeyeon-ah,” he said quickly in a soft voice. “Can I please talk to you?”

With a slightly confused face Taeyeon replied, “Yeah.”

“Taengoo, Taeyang; are you coming?” Sunny shouted from behind Taeyeon.

“We’ll meet you in there,” Taeyeon answered back and turned her head back towards Taeyang. “What is it you wanted to talk about?”

“Do you see me as your friend?” Taeyang said hesitantly a he didn’t know how to begin.

“What?” Taeyeon was surprised to hear such a question. “Of course… I consider you one of my best friends even though we have known each other for a few months. Why?”

“So, you only consider me as you best friend?” Taeyang began becoming doubtful.

“Yeah. Why?”

“It’s alright then. Never mind.” Taeyang said as he walked towards the restaurant. His heart ached a little but was happy in a way that Taeyeon had not realised where the question was leading to. He was relieved that he had not told her; otherwise he was concerned on how they would react around each other. If it would become awkward they might start to avoid seeing each other, however Taeyang preferred to stay friends with her and see her rather than telling her and allowing their relationship to become awkward.

“Wait!” Taeyeon slightly raised her voice. She grabbed his hand and turned him towards her. In an aggravated tone Taeyeon said, “Why won’t you tell me? You ask to speak to me, it seemed like something important. Then you ask a question which you should already know the answer to. Then you tell me never mind…”

“And…”

“And it sounded like you were trying to confess or something…”

Taeyang thought he had gotten away with confessing to her. But instead he decided to tell her the truth. He did not like seeing her like this. “You’re right.”

“What?” Taeyeon was stunned.

“You’re right. For a while now I have liked you… I tried to convince myself that you were just a friend… but when I saw you in the coffee shop today… I just realised. So you’re right. I like you.”

Moments past and Taeyeon stayed frozen. She did not know how to react or what to say. She was also confused about her own feelings.

“Taeyeon-ah!”

Taeyang saw three guys approach from behind Taeyeon in the parking lot. However, Taeyeon did not turn back to look at who was calling out her name. By now they had reached them both. One looked like a character from an anime, the other guy looked like a rock singer with dark, wavy hair and the last one walking in the middle had very short, copper colored hair with both ears pierced. The one in the middle had placed his arm around Taeyeon and kissed her on the forehead. “Let’s go inside, the others are waiting.” He pulled Taeyeon along with him in which she was still stunned by what Taeyang had just said moments before.

They all had walked around Taeyang into the restaurant. He froze. Taeyang had assumed Taeyeon had a boyfriend which she never told him about.

Whilst Taeyang stood there, Taeyeon turned around to take a last glimpse of him until she entered the restaurant with Xiah Junsu’s arm around her.