Wanting You Near

Open Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wanting to hold you

Wanting you near

How much I wanted you home

 

            Each of them had a short break over the winter holiday to return home to see their families, but the times didn’t coordinate together.  Because it wasn’t their official vacation, they had no say into when they were given the time off and Ryeowook’s break was a little before Christmas while Kyuhyun’s was during the holiday. 

            Ryeowook went to visit his parents first.  If he didn’t spend at least half his time with them, they would sulk.  And since Kyuhyun wasn’t around anyway, he couldn’t object.  Then Sungmin came to pick him up—he’d gave his car to his parents before enlisting since he wouldn’t need it—and the hung out for half a day shopping before he dropped them off at Donghae and Eunhyuk’s apartment.  Now that they were back, they’d gotten an apartment together.  Neither of them could stand the idea of living alone.  He spent a couple days hanging out with them and visiting with his other friends from Seoul.  Donghae and Eunhyuk were perhaps a little tired of seeing so many EXO members coming over by the end of his visit, but they never complained.  On his last night, he went over to Kyuhyun’s parent’s house.  They wanted to have dinner with him and had offered to drive him back to the airport in the morning.

            Kyuhyun’s mother was almost as emotional over seeing him as his own mother was, but perhaps she was already preparing for the waterworks of seeing her own son come home in less than a week.  But she had baked a grand dinner for all of them, which Mr. Cho was just as excited about as he was to see Ryeowook, since she never cooked so much just for him.  Ryeowook was absolutely stuffed by the end of it and could barely move.

            They stayed up late talking and Ryeowook was even conned into playing and singing a little for them.  They always liked to hear him sing.  Then he headed to Kyuhyun’s bedroom, where he would be spending the night.  Kyuhyun’s mother knocked on the door a little while after he’d gotten settled in and handed him a wrapped package.

            “By the way, Kyuhyun sent this to the house as an early Christmas present for you.  He said that he couldn’t send you stuff like this to your current address, so he wanted to send it to you now,” she said, then headed off to bed. 

            Whatever it was, it fit into a small box.  Clearly Kyuhyun’s mother had wrapped it after it arrived because Kyuhyun’s version of wrapping wasn’t nearly as tidy and never involved ribbon, but there was a sealed letter that went along with it and that had probably never been seen by anyone other than Kyuhyun.

            They’d agreed only t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter