Guilty

All My Fault

"Junhong! Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah Himchan"

"Are you sure?" Jongup asks. "You've been acting kinda weird."

"I'm fine." I say as I start to get up. I just need to be alone for a while. "I promise."

"Wait. Where are you going?" Himchan and Youngjae ask when they notice that I'm leaving. 

"I-I'm just going to the bathroom. I'll be back."

"Okay." Youngjae replies. "Get back before Daehyun eats all the food."

"Okay." I say as I run to the bathroom. Just a few minutes alone. That's all I need.

I lock the door as soon as I walk in. I don't want anyone disturbing me. It was easy to keep myself together when there were other people around to distract me. But now that I'm alone there's nothing to keep that same thought from coming back. I killed Yongguk. I'm the reason that Yongguk died.

Deep down I know that I didn't really kill him. After all, it's not like I'm the one who ran him over. But I still can't help but feel like it's all my fault since I'm the one who told him to go on the trip. 

I killed Yongguk. I'm the reason that Yongguk died. "Now he's gone." I whisper to the empty room. "And it's all my fault." 

I cry as the grief takes over. It hurts to think that I killed Yongguk. That I killed my best friend.

Later I find that I can't cry anymore, so I sit on the bathroom floor and enjoy the silence until I hear a voice. 

"Junhong."  

"W-who is it?" That voice sounds familiar.

"Who do you think it is?" It can't be.

"Y-Yongguk. Is that you?"

"Yep."

"But how is this happening? Am I hallucinating or something?"

"No silly." He says. "It's something I can do now that I'm dead."

"Oh." That's right Junhong. Yongguk's dead and it's all your fault. "I'm really sorry about that."

"Junhong. You know that it isn't your fault right? There's no way that you could have known."

"But Yongguk. If I didn't tell you to go on that trip then you would still be alive. It's all my fault."

"Junhong. Please stop blaming yourself for this. It is not your fault. I know that you feel guilty about causing my death, so I need you to understand that it's not your fault. Okay?"

"O-okay."

"Good. Now go on. I know that it hurts now but eventually the pain will go away." 

"O-okay. Goodbye Yongguk." I whisper as I walk out the bathroom. Goodbye forever.


"Are you sure that I can't have that slice of cake that you're saving?" I hear Daehyun ask.

"No you idiot. It's' for Junhong." Says Youngjae.

"Oh. Hi Junhong." Daehyun says when he sees me. "Are you okay? You've been in the bathroom for a while."

"Yeah. I'll be alright." I say as try to cover my red eyes with my hair.

"Good." Says Youngjae. "Now let's go see Himchan. He's probably worried sick about you."

"Okay." I say as Daehyun and Youngjae grab my arm and take me to Himchan. 

"Everything's gonna be alright." I hear him whisper.

​Everything's gonna be alright.