The Mark

The Princes

After getting lost about three times in the same wing, Kibum finally found himself in the gym for class. As a senior you are supposed to be done with physical education requirements, but considering the fact he is new with no credits for the school he has found himself in the putrid domain of desperation and sweat. He wanders into the locker room, silver massive lockers, and wedges himself into the very last section away from the very few underclassmen. Kibum takes a seat and fumbles with his locker for a bit until he finally gets the thing open.

 
He doesn't exactly hear the footsteps approaching his secluded corner.
 
Kibum's soft, white shirt is already off over his head when his Prince steps into the section. Fox eyes widen and he releases a startled yelp. 
 
Jonghyun merely stares at him with a slightly annoyed look. Still a bit startled too yet annoyed. 
 
"U-Um... I'm sorry. I didn't think there were any other seniors here." Kibum quickly holds the linen shirt to his chest with bright cheeks. 
 
"That's fine. I can imagine why." The Prince cooly responds and walks over to the locker three spots over from Kibum's. 
 
Kibum sighs, mentally banging his head into the locker's metal frame. Jonghyun cranes his head a bit, running his eye over Kibum's exposed hip and inhales sharply. A shirt is quickly put on to replace his linen one obstructing Jonghyun's view. 
 
Out on the gym floor considering there's only two seniors Kibum and Jonghyun were sent to idly lift weights in the equipment room. The dark haired boy sheepishly lifted a five pound weight as he eyed his ash blonde classmate casually lift a forty. Jonghyun was more incredibly handsome in his gym uniform. It showed off those broad shoulders and muscled arms that almost begged Kibum to stare. However, Jonghyun looked a bit dazed. He almost looked as though he wasn't in tune with the rest of the world. 
 
It took him awhile to return back to earth, "Do you want to hang out after school?" 
 
"What?" Kibum stopped curling the bright green weight to look at the other boy before him. 
 
"Do you want to hang out after school? There's a rec room with stuff in it. We can hang out there." Jonghyun repeated himself with as much nonchalantness as the first. 
 
Did he miss a memo? Why is he suddenly asking to hang out with Kibum? What changed? Then again he wasn't in any position to decline either. He squeaks out a meek 'sure' and Jonghyun's expression totally changes.
 
He actually smiles and it's like being exposed to the rays of the warm sun. If his Prince had a color it would be gold like the sun. He was simply radiant, just like the light. 
 
"That's good. Your name is Kibum, right?"
 
Kibum nodded again.
 
"Awesome. Meet me in the quad after last period okay?" 
 
Once again Kibum nodded, but he felt like he was walking on air of the sort. He had flown past cloud nine and went above and beyond. 
 
 
••• ••• ••• ••• •••
 
"Why the hell are you the latest hot topic on kakao and Twitter?" Taemin's accusing tone scared the crap out of Kibum as he shoved his phone a little too close to Kibum's face. 
 
"After fourth period there's been news circulating that you and Jonghyun have become friends." Minho takes a seat on Kibum's desk totally disregarding the pen he practically shoved to the floor with his thigh. 
 
"And! Some sophomore overheard you two making plans to hang out in the rec room. Is that true?" 
 
The boy in question just merely sat there more overwhelmed than anything. How did the news circulate that quickly?! It hasn't even been two hours yet! 
 
"Okay, yes we're hanging out. No, we're not friends. I swear he was totally random about the whole thing. He was there mindlessly lifting weights like the hulk and then suddenly he's all rays of sunshine and asks me to hang out!" Kibum quickly explains only to earn a slightly more suspicious look from the black haired boy and his accusing phone. 
 
Minho let's out a breathy chuckle, "Unbelievable. Unbelievable! Those two don't make friends with anyone besides each other and now suddenly they friend you? Amazing really. Maybe I should've taken psychology instead..." 
 
"Something's up. That Jonghyun is planning something. He just doesn't do anything out of the goodness of his heart." Taemin locks his phone begrudgingly. 
 
"Oh cool it. You know very well he's very genuine. Just a little socially awkward I think. He's actually very nice." Minho shoots a look to his equally thin friend. 
 
"Oh? Like what?" Kibum suddenly pipes up. 
 
Minho sighs a bit, "Well... This one time I saw him step in for this kid who was still doing the switch between es. The girls wouldn't let her in and started really pegging her with insults. It was brutal believe me. Jonghyun got sick of it and chewed them out for treating her that way." 
 
Taemin makes a small noise as if to signify that he remembered the incident. Kibum smiled a bit. He imagined the scene in his head and smiled wider. 
 
"Well I still don't like him." 
 
"Taemin it's been years. Shouldn't you let it go? 
 
"What exactly happened--" Kibum couldn't really finish because do the bell's shrill, metallic ring. Taemin took this opportunity to dodge the question yet again and quickly gathered his things to leave. 
 
What happened between those two it seemed he wouldn't find out for a while.
 
••••••••••••••••••••••
 
His shoes slapped against the pathways to the music building in the east wing. He could barely hold in his excitement of his discovery. After months of searching he finally found what he was looking for! The image of the crown birthmark woven into the skin of Kibum's hip set a fire ablaze inside his heart. Jonghyun was shocked he was able to keep himself unsuspecting as he did. He had to tell Jinki that he had found another member of their team. The ash blonde hairs on his head bounced dramatically as he rounded the corner and dashed up the steps to the 3rd floor of the choir halls. 
 
Jonghyun stopped at the double doors of Jinki's choir room to catch his breath, then opened the door. He poked his head in and scanned the many students scattered reading over music sheets until he saw Jinki's deep brown hair. He waved his hands until a student saw him, looked behind him to look at Jinki, and tapped his shoulder pointing to Jonghyun at the door. Jinki scrunched his eyebrows together, but didn't hesitate to get up and walk out into the hallway. 
 
"This better be important. I told you not to come in here unless--" 
 
"KIBUM IS A PRINCE." Jonghyun blurted causing Jinki to blink rapidly, his mouth slowly closing shut. 
 
"And why do you say that?" 
 
"He has the mark. We had gym together and I saw him changing and then it was on his hip... Jinki he's the missing member."
 
"One of them." The Leader corrected, "There's still two more missing." 
 
"Of course... I'm to gain his trust so we can quickly begin his training."
 
Jinki placed his hand on Jonghyun's shoulder to stop him, "Jonghyun... Kibum is human. He isn't going to assume his duties that easily. Don't befriend him because you have to. This isn't what this team is about. The Prince's are like a brotherhood, love must be present." 
 
Love... Love your friends that's what he's always told to do. But how? He finds himself isolating himself instead. 
 
"If you really want Kibum to join then let me ask you this: Do you see him as an asset or a possible brother?" Jinki asked a bit more firmly. 
 
When Jonghyun didn't answer he sighed, "Get to know him. You are the light of this team. Guide him, invite him in. It should be rather easy if you give into your internal instinct." 
 
That was right. Jonghyun was the light and Jinki was the earth. The Prince who controls the light is the one who keeps the other elements grounded. Without him the others would be out of sync. 
 
He simply nodded and took off leaving Jinki where he was standing. Jinki smiled faintly.