The Beginning

Teenage Life

Sitting on her bed, windows a bit opened, Park Sojin shivered. It was so cold, and being the idiot she decided to open the windows. Having the AC doesn't really please Sojin, since her AC is very cold and opening the windows a bit isn't a bother, right?
Winter came, and it was a Sunday. Sojin was finally curled up in bed with her blanket covering her since only-God-knows-when. 
Sojin was in thoughts; she has a crush, a minor crush. Not the crush who makes Sojin falls head over heels and fangirl like an eighteen-year-old-girl, though. Well, she is eighteen, but she doesn't act like one.
Eighteen year old girls fangirl about their crushes, telling everyone how charming he is, how handsome he is, how smart he is. In one word, their boyfriends are perfect. But not everyone is perfect. No, cross that; no one is perfect. Their boyfriends can actually be cheating right now, because Sojin has heard more than 15 girls crying in school because their boyfriend cheated on them. Perfect your face. 
Girls also fangirl about music; Sojin likes to hear songs but she's not that interested in boy groups, girl groups, solo artists, that kind of stuffs. And also fangirling over clothes and shoes: Adidas, Nike, that kind of stuffs. Not only fangirls talk about it, but fanboys, too. 
Anyway, back to Sojin's crush. He's not perfect, but he's good. He's good enough to be Sojin's crush. At least, Sojin's first crush. Who knows, if Sojin and her crush becomes a couple, he could ditch or dump Sojin, right? And that scares the crap out of her. She wants to be careful and not cry like the other girls.
"Sojin," her mom opened the door, "I saw your windows opened when I arrived and I don't want you to be sick. Use sweaters and long pants instead of a normal t-shirt and knee-high pants, Sojin. And keep your windows closed. It's not opened just a bit." Sojin looked at the windows; yep. Not just a bit, but big enough to make Sojin sick as hell. Sojin nodded. "Okay, mom." Her mom smiled and went downstairs, or to her room, or somewhere else, and Sojin doesn't really need to care. Sojin closed her windows and changed to sweaters and sweat pants. 
Sojin studied; such a nerd. She's having a pretty hard time at school, not because of her fashion sense and her not having a crush (no one knows), but it's because she studies too much. She studies too much she doesn't socialize as much as the other kids. 
Sojin studied since 6 pm. She studied math, English, Korean and science, each subject 30 minutes. She sighed after 20 minutes of Korean; she thought it's okay to end it now. 
She wants to fit in, she tries to. She listens to her girl friends talking about their crushes, their boyfriends, groups' comebacks, debuts, fashion. Sojin can relate to some things in the topics but she doesn't really care, actually. 
Sojin went downstairs to eat and she was welcomed with her parents laughing together. Around 21 years of marriage and their love and relationship is still strong. Her parents didn't even realize Sojin was there until she cleared . 
"Oh, Sojin-ah," her father smiled, "didn't see you there." Sojin bowed. "It's okay, dad." "Do you want to eat?" Her mom asked. Sojin nodded, "What's available?" Her father chuckled. "I can cook anything for my sweet daughter." Sojin rolled her eyes. "I'll just eat sandwich." "Are you on a diet?" Her mom asked her, "You're already skinny as HELL, Sojin." Sojin shook her head. She went to the kitchen and made her sandwich. She ate her sandwich in the dining room. "Dad, mom, I'll sleep now," Sojin bowed, "good night." Her parents smiled. "Good night to you, too."
-
The next day was normal. At least, for Sojin. She hated school, too, but it's the only place where she has friends. She doesn't go out from her house much so she doesn't know who are her neighbors. Her parents kept on telling her to socialize a bit, and so later on she'll socialize even more, but Sojin refused to many times, and so her parents can't do anything else.
It was a Monday, 6:15. School starts at 7:15 but being one of the un-lazy student, Sojin usually came early. She arrived in class welcomed by students sleeping and laughing by themselves instead of greetings. Sojin put her stuffs on the table. "Where's the teacher?" She asked. Students who aren't asleep shrugged. She opened her textbook to study for her first subject: English. She studied for five minutes-- no, not even five minutes-- probably four, and she was greeted by a pretty loud thump on her table. Students glared and Sojin looked up to see one of her best friend, Minah smiling apologetically. 
"What's up, Minah?" Sojin asked her, smiling. "I think I have a new crush," she started (which, makes Sojin roll my eyes), "and he's cute. And smart. I think. I mean he has good grades. And he's charming! He's also kind, he's handsome, did I mention that he's charming?" Sojin chuckled. "You did, pretty girl. What's his name?" "Kim." Sojin tilted my head. "Is his surname Kim?" "Yep. Same like mine," she said, "it's Kim Junmyeon." Sojin rolled my eyes. "Suho?" She asked Minah. Suho is basically his nickname. Minah smiled widely and nodded. Sojin smiled. "I hope you'll get close, Minah-ya, and when I say close," she cleared and leaned closer, "close." Minah giggled and took the seat beside Sojin on her left side. Sojin continued reading her textbook for a few minutes until she found someone on her right side poking her. Sojin turned to see who was poking her. It was Yeri, one of her best friend, too. She was pouting. Sojin only had two close friends, actually; other girls were just friends or acquaintances. 
"What?" Sojin asked. She heard Minah sighing, "you know, Sojin?" Minah grabbed Sojin's textbooks and put it on Minah's tray instead of the owner's. "I know what?" Sojin asked, a bit mad because her textbooks were put away, "And my textbooks. Give them back." "I'll guve it ti tou when each class starts. And life isn't just about studying and school," Yeri said, sighing too, "it's also about having fun. Buying clothes, reading good novels instead of textbooks--" "I buy clothes and read novels too," Sojin interrupted, "Divergent? The Hunger Games?" Minah inhaled and exhaled deeply. "It's also about love. You, here, miss," she started, "don't even know what love is." Sojin frowned, "I do." "Tell us." Minah said. "It's about liking someone else, right?" Sojin explained, "And it's about having fun with your partner, including cheesy stuffs. It's about being happy and having nice times until the couple decides to break up. It's complicated. Love is complicated." Yeri rolled her eyes. "You feel weird if you're in love. You'll start loving reality. You'll smile if you see your crush, or your partner. You'll feel butterflies in your stomach. You'll be happy. If you really love your partner, you'll let him or her go even though it hurts. And you'll know he or she's the one, you'll feel it." Sojin rolled her eyes. "And? What's your point?" "You need to find one." Yeri told Sojin. "A crush first, of course, since you told us you don't have one." Minah said. Sojin gulped. "Um, I think I..." She held her breath. Minah and Yeri raised their brows. "You think you?" Yeri asked. "I have--" the teacher went in the class, interrupting their 'serious' conversation. "We'll continue later." Minah said, and everyone in class stood up. "Greetings." The class president commanded. "Good morning, Mr. Lee." They bowed. "Good morning. You can now sit down and open your textbook, page 158." Mr. Lee said. We opened our book and started our 1-hour-30-minutes-class, and without realizing it, the class was over. After lessons and a few breaks, lunch time started.
-
"Yah," Yeri and Minah sat in front of Sojin. Sojin looked at them, chewing her food. "What did you want to say?" Minah asked. Sojin swallowed her food. "Oh," she started nervously, "it was nothing." Yeri rolled her eyes. "Nothing?" She asked. Sojin nodded. "Nothing. You guys do the talking. I want to eat." Yeri and Minah looked at Sojin for a few seconds, no, cross that-- more than 2 minutes suspiciously. "What?" Sojin asked. Yeri and Minah shrugged and ate their food. "Guys," Yeri said, "I have a new crush." Sojin smiled. "Minah has one, too!" Minah smiled, too. "Yep. I like Suho." Yeri widened her eyes. Minah squinted and crossed her arms. "What? You like him too? He's mine." Yeri chuckled. "No, of course. He's a nerd!" Minah pouted. "No he's not!" "Yes he is! He's quite handsome but he's still a nerd." Yeri argued. Sojin scoffed. Why do they even like boys so much? Yeri and Minah kept on arguing which made Sojin a bit pissed off. "Guys, stop," Sojin said, and she said it again louder. "stop." And Minah and Yeri was did what she told. "Tell us, Yeri," Sojin began, "about your crush." Yeri smiled and put her chin on her right hand and looked up as if there was a speech bubble or something on top of her. "He's charming, kind, handsome... Smart, too, but not a nerd." Sojin chuckled. Yeri sighed and looked down. "But many girls like him." Minah gave a concerned look. "Aw, many girls like my crush too," she said, "who is it?" Yeri smiled a bit. "Sehun." Sojin smiled.

"But hey, Sojin?" Yeri asked. Sojin raised a brow. "You really don't have a crush?" "Yeah, really? You're eighteen now, teens nowadays are attracted to someone else, right?" Minah asked. Sojin sighed. "Yeah, they do. Like me, I'm attracted to Kyungs-" Sojin's eyes widened because she realized what she said. "WHAT?!" Yeri exclaimed, "YOU-" "You like him? You're attracted to him? How many days? Or how many hours has it been?" Minah said, cutting off Yeri. Sojin closed . '.' She thought, 'I told them the truth.' Sojin's face was red. "Yah, we're waiting for an answer." Yeri said. Minah and Yeri were a little mad for not knowing Sojin's secret. Sojin gulped and decided to tell them the truth. "I, um, liked him for around two years." Minah's eyes widened. "You kept your secret for two years?" She asked. "You kept your secret for two years!" Yeri said. "Look, it's just a minor crush. Not a major one like yours'. Not like you liking Suho, Minah, and not like you liking Sehun, Yeri." Sojin said. "But still!" They said in unison, "You didn't tell us!" "Sorry!" Sojin told them. "You know now." 
And then it was awkward for a few minutes.
"I'll go get water," Sojin said, "want anything?" Minah and Yeri shook their head. Sojin stood up and bumped someone. She looked down, feeling her wet uniform. Someone spilled water- no, it smelled like tea. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I-" the guy who did it grabbed tissue from the nearest table and tried to clean up the mess. Then Sojin realized who was it: Do Kyungsoo, her crush.

-

So here's chapter one and I hope you liked it!  Comments are appreciated but please don't be harsh~ :3

-

tumblr: baekdicksquad (textposts, etc.) // machinexo (exo one shots)