Future Husband Junmyeon

Dear Future Husband

                Among all members, Kim Junmyeon is the ideal husband. I’m not being biased, especially because he’s my boyfriend, but I’m being honest. He wouldn’t be called daddy for nothing, would he? Don’t think dirty, my definition of daddy is different from most of you.

 

                I watch him as his brows crease, staring in disbelief at the paper in his hands. Junmyeon’s face cracks for a smile, “Princess, what’s this?”

                “Junmyeon, do you want to marry me in the future?” Without replying an answer, I ask, innocently batting my eyelashes at him.

                In defence, he answers a hurried yes, his head nodding way too eagerly. I chuckle, loving how he suddenly got nervous at the topic. He’s in my room, again, because he didn’t have a schedule for two more hours. Intending to relax or take a nap, Junmyeon’s sitting on my bed, glaring at the piece of paper I showed him. If he’s not feeling pressured, he’s got to be very confident that he can check all boxes.

                Written on the paper is a list of what I want my future husband to have and how I want him to treat me.

                I told him before he opened it, “Here’s a pen, darling. Check only the necessary.” Then, cue the sweat rolling down from his forehead.

 

                Dear Future Husband / Kim Junmyeon (if he’s man enough),

                [] He/You should take me out on dates when I least expect him/you to. Of course, bring something with him/you.

                                This means that he/you has/have the permission to drag me outside my bedroom when it’s twelve midnight or if it’s six in the morning. He/You can bring anywhere as long as he/you won’t leave me. He/You can take me to the night market to eat fish cakes, or in a fancy restaurant to waste money on lobsters and wine, or in Burger King to drown ourselves with fries and burgers. Chocolates are more appreciated, especially white ones. He/You can bring flowers too, but I don’t want to see them wilt.That’s too sad.

                [] He/You must leave me alone when I’m at work and I’ll do the same when he/you is/are at work. But if I’m whining at the stack of papers on my desk, he/you is/are more than welcome to drag me out of my office.

                                Work lasts for eight hours for five days, except for Kim Junmyeon because he’s a universal superstar, so he won’t have any break. I can’t always be at home to make dinner. I might just stop by a restaurant to get takeouts. I didn’t learn how to cook, so if I burned your long-awaited dinner, please don’t feel bad. This future wife is trying to cook for her future husband/Kim Junmyeon.

                [] He/You must be willing to sing with me at Karaokes. Same goes when I’m drunk or when we’re showering together.

                                I don’t want a man who’s too shy to sing even if his voice cracks. He/You should battle with the loudness of my voice. This is written here especially for Kim Junmyeon, who is a singer, so I expect a lot.

                [] He/You must be here, right beside me in my bed, when I feel bad about things, or about nothing in particular.

                                I need someone to vent out my feelings to, and someone to tell me it’s going to be fine. Who could that  be if not for my future husband/Junmyeon? I don’t think my friends would be happy to hear me crying at past midnight, so might as well sleep on my husband’s chest. He/You should wipe my tears away and kiss my forehead until I fall asleep.

                [] He/You must be fine with saying sorry. 

                                We will get into fights. I will most probably always think I’m right and he/you will, of course, argue with me. I will expect him/you to apologize when we’re tucked in bed, ready to sleep, unless he/you has/have other plans in mind. We’re already married, so what’s the harm on testing my endurance?

                [] He/You should sleep on the right side of the bed.

                                I just want you to.

                [] He/You shouldn’t have a dirty mind, unless we’re in bed.

                                I don’t want him/you smirking or having a hard on when I use daddy to talk to the kids. Please don’t ever think I’m that , sweetheart. I prefer his/your name.

                [] He/You should make time for me.

                                We might be married and bonded for life, and all that stuff, but I’d want to still spend time with him/you. I still want to watch chick flicks with him/you. I still want to cuddle and play pillow fight. Just because we’re both busy with work doesn’t mean he/you is/are going to replace me with work.

                [] He/You should spoil me.

                                Buy me stuff. Tell me you love me and mean it. Compliment me when I’m wearing that Sunday dress you bought for me. Take me to grocery for candies and chips. Say that I’m pretty without makeup. Kiss me in the morning even if I have drool on my cheeks. Sing to me before I go to sleep. SPOIL ME.

                [] He/You should only have me in his/your heart.

                                I don’t like to share.

                [] He/You should love me right.

 

                Blinking, Junmyeon chuckles, removing the cap of the pen I handed him. I take a peek, but he turns around, hiding the paper from me. I pout, “Hey, show me.” He’s not being fair, at all.

                “You’re going to see it anyway.” He retorts and I wait ever so patiently, my arms crossed on my chest.

                After a few seconds, he shows me the paper.

                All boxes are checked. The words future husband, he and him are crossed out, leaving the words you and your, which pertained to himself. At the bottom, he added another box and it earned a wide smile from me.

 

                [] Kim Junmyeon should be able to take care of a lot of babies that his wife will give birth to.

 

                I meet his eyes for a second and take the paper from his hold, crawling off my bed and jogging to my desk. I grab a pushpin from the little bucket and stick it on my corkboard, proof to everyone that Kim Junmyeon will propose to me after some years. 

                Arms snake around my waist and my head feels heavy, feeling his chin on top of my head. I lean to his touch, moving to rest my back on his chest, “This serves as your promise, Kim.”

                “I can do a lot more than what’s written on that list.” He drops a kiss on my temple.

                I shrug, “The extras are bonuses that came with the Junmyeon package.”

                “Lucky you.”

                “I’d have to deal with the secondhand embarrassment, though.” I turn in my heel, cupping his face. “Don’t make any more jokes.”

                He pouts, “I laugh at my own jokes, if that what you’re worried about.”

                Tipping my toes, I capture his lips for a long kiss, a smile formed my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down, so I no longer have to strain myself. He responds quickly, drawing me closer to him, our hips touching. It’s a simple touch of the lips, a few playful from Junmyeon interrupting the innocent lip lock.

                Before he could even tilt his head to the side to deepen the kiss, I pull away, beaming up at him, “Don’t forget to buy me a ring.”