Final

Happy Family

"The number you called ha-" 

You sighed, staring at your phone with a frown before ending the call. 

You looked around at all the families surrounding you. Feeling a small hand squeeze yours, you looked down at your daughter, Chaerin. 

"Hey baby." You squatted down to her level, smiling. 

She just looked around at all the people swarming around her. As if knowing who she was looking for, you grabbed her face making her look at you. 

"Daddy will be here soon, don't you worry." You pecked her cheek, before wrapping your arms around her small body. 

'All contestants in the talent show please make your way backstage.' The announcer called out in the auditorium. 

Chaerin looked up from your embrace and kissed your cheek before scurrying with all the other kids. You sighed, watching your daughter with a small smile on your face. You looked at the clock, ticking by and checked your phone one last time hoping for a response. 

'Park Jimin, you promised.' You thought bitterly, putting your phone away right before the announcer came on the stage. 

"Everybody, please welcome our youngest contestant Park Chaerin! She will be playing a lovely piece for us on the piano." 

Everybody clapped politely, watching your daughter bow before situating herself on the piano. Her delicate fingers played the keys beautifully and smoothly. On the final key, the crowd clapped loudly and cheered but obviously not as loud as you. 

"Go Chae! That's my baby girl!" You hollered, making people stare at you dissaprovingly. 

Chaerin who spotted you from your outburst, blushed making her cheeks red from embaressment. She bowed before literally running backstage. Noticing the looks you were getting, you felt your cheeks heat up before taking action.

"Ah, I'm sorry. Sorry!" Bowing continously, you smoothed your dress before sitting back down in your seat. 

Some time passed by, and it was time for the announcement of the winner. You crossed your fingers tightly, hoping it was Chaerin. 

"Our first place winner is none other than Park Chaerin!" 

You literally jumped up, and cheered like there was no tomorrow. The contestants were sent back to their parents and you saw Chaerin running to you with a smile, looking just like her father. 

"There's my little champ!" You caught her and threw her up in the air, making her giggle. 

Her smile faltered slightly when you caught her looking around for her father but frowned when he was nowhere to be found. Your eyes widened, when she threw her arms around your neck, sniffling slightly. 

"It's okay honey, mommy's here. Let's go home now." You cradled her delicate body in your arms feeling her tears soak your dress on your way to the car. 

 

It was around 10 pm  when you heard the front door open, and shoes being taken off. You sat up from the bed you shared with Jimin before heading to the living room seeing Jimin take off his jacket with his back facing you. 

"She won first place." You said, quietly not wanting to wake Chaerin up. 

Jimin jumped, slightly but relaxed when he saw you. He turned around with a confused look on his face. 

"Who did?" His voice clearly tired. 

"Chaerin won first place in her talent show today." Your voice remaining calm but you felt the anger sizzling inside you. 

His eyes looked up into yours and you could see the gears turning in his head, realizing why you were like this. 

"You promised." You crossed your arms over you chest, shaking your head with a frown. 

Jimin sighed feeling guilty, ready to apologize but you cut him off. 

"She was crying all day when she found out you weren't there." You said, looking past him, avoiding his guilty gaze. 

"Honey, I'm so sorry for forgetting about the talent show. It's just that I was so busy with promotions and.." He sighed, rubbing his forehead, feeling a headache coming. 

"Oh and the bills just came in today." You threw him the papers, making his eyes widen looking at the numbers. 

"Jagi, I'm trying the best I can here." Jimin said, running his fingers through his hair. 

"We are so behind on payments and I don't even remember how much money we have in the bank right now." You listed the things off, walking closer to him glaring at him. 

"You're acting like I'm not working hard, I go days without seeing my two girls when you know I would rather be here. Then when I come back, all I hear is you complaining and being ungrateful!" Jimin raised his voice slightly, coming closer to you. 

"I never asked for too much even before we got married and had Chaerin, I supported you from day one but sometimes you act like your job is more important than me and Chae. Is it?" You yelled, getting in his face. 

"I'm not fighting with you on this, I just wanted to come home and see my girls!" Jimin turned away from you but you grabbed his arm making him face you. 

"See that's another thing, when there's a problem you never want to talk it out and fix it!" You felt your face get red from anger. 

"Well you always cause the problems in this relationship anyways!" Jimin screamed back, making you more angry. 

Both of you were about to start another round  but stopped when you heard a small delicate voice that was unfamiliar. 

"Please stop fighting." 

You turned towards the hallways, finding your daughter in her pajamas holding her stuffed bear. Then you looked at Jimin who was as shocked as you. 

"Daddy, I don't care that you didn't come see me at my show, I just want you and mommy to stop fighting so we can be a happy family again!" Chaerin said, tears streaming down her face and hugging her teddy bear closer to her body. 

Seeing her cry made both you and Jimin rush to her side, comforting her. 

"Baby, Daddy didn't know you it was hurting this bad, Daddy is so sorry." Jimin cradled her in his arms, lessening her sobs. 

"Mommy is sorry too, I should have known that fighting like this would affect you. Mommy and Daddy are so sorry." You whispered, kissing her wet cheek. 

"We should celebrate." Both you and Chaerin looked at Jimin with curiously. 

"We should celebrate because we are going to be a happy family again!" Jimin smiled, making his eyes dissappear into little crescents. 

"Does that sound good baby?" You asked your daughter who was smiling, showing off her pearly whites. 

"Yay! But every party needs presents!" Chaerin pouted at the idea of no presents. 

"Actually we got the best gift ever, right Papa Bear?" You asked, nudging Jimin with a smirk. 

Hearing the nickname you used to call him when you first got married made him smile. 

"Yes we did Mama Bear, we got to hear our little Baby Bear finally talk!" Jimin tickled Chaerin, making her burst into fits of laughter. 

Chaerin looked up at her parents expectingly, crossing her arms. 

"Well?" She asked, as if the answer was obvious. 

"Well what?" You chuckled, just as confused as her father. 

"Kiss!" Chaerin giggled, throwing her arms in the air. 

You looked at Jimin who was already looking at you. Then you looked at his lips before leaning in meeting him halfway. The kiss reminded you of when you first started dating and it also reminded you that no matter what, you will always be a happy family. 

"I'm so sorry Mama Bear." Jimin rested his forehead against yours. 

"I'm sorry too Papa Bear." You whispered, leaning yours on his. 

"And I'm sorry that you guys are taking so long, let's go party now!" Chaerin interrupted the moment with her sassy attitude jumping up and ran to the kitchen.

You and Jimin raised your eyebrows at her before bursting out in laughter, getting up and walking to the kitchen. 

"It feels good being a happy family again." You felt arms wrap around your waist and a gentle kiss to your neck. You leaned back into Jimin's strong chest and smiled, closing your eyes in bliss. 

'Yes it does.' You thought happily.