2. CUTE

Mirage

an: i'm sorry it's been a long time but my school just kept throwing tests and homeworks! i swear to god i'm gonna die! But I tried my best to update for today (since it's my sweet 16th day yesterday hohoho) so please enjoy! And don't forget to comment your thoughts ^^

-Isha

 

02-16-15

Dear Diary, 
    Have I told you that I really hate sports? Like, I don't even think about dribbling a ball. Dancing is enough sport for me and I'm glad it keeps my body in shape. But sports? Meh! Don't count me in. I don't know, I'm not competitive enough to steal some ball and score a goal. I might even give the ball right away to the opponents. Hehe ^^ Anyway, why did I mention sports all of a sudden? I saw a commercial awhile ago and now, I'm bored. Sighsss~~ what to do what to do? And don't tell me to play sports, I'm not gonna do it. I should actually be starting to make a choreograph by now but I'm too laaaazzzyyyyy hmp


Seriously is he 24 years old? He feels like a kid.

"Morning, Jinki." Jonghyun greeted me as soon as I took my sit in my office and greeted him the same. I brought the box with me and he looked at it in question. 

"I found it last night. It's his diary and personal pictures." I answered his unvoiced question. He just nodded in response and handed me a paper. "Victoria asked me to give this to you. It's some address."

"Oh yeah, wanna come with me? I'll talk to this Sehun. It's Taemin's bestfriend." I filled him in. 

"Sure sure! Let's grab a coffee on the way too. I forgot to get one." he said and I agreed. Jonghyun used to be a trainee in here and I was assigned to guide him but we end up being the best of friends and I'm thankful for that. 

"Ah! I need to go back to the house too. I just want to check it all again since it was too dark last night to even see properly." I informed him and he said he'll go too and he'll bring the masks and flashlights just in case. He came back after a few minutes and he said we'll use his car since it's prettily equiped with everything. We headed to Taemin's house first before his bestfriend's.

"So, what have you learned in that diary?" Jonghyun started the coversation after we're settled.

"There's nothing really much at the moment except for his bestfried. And I doubt that SM Entertainment had anything to do with his death." I answered.

"Will you let me read it too?" he said. I was about to tell him it's okay when I remembered some.. intimate.. stuff written on it.

"Uhmm.. I don't think his soul wouldn't be that happy. I mean it's one that I intruded in his private life and.. you get the point."

"Alright alright~" he sing-sang to me. "Oh, by the way! I made this new song!" he said excitedly. Jonghyun composes when he gets the time and I really like his works. I think it would beat out all the songs that are being released right now. "I'm gonna give you a copy later and you should play it when you're in a death-life situation or when you're fighting bad guys and stuff!" I just chuckled on his words.

"Ya! Do you expect me to have the time to play background music in the midst of a fight?" 

"I was just suggesting!" he said, a little pouty. After a bit of chit-chat, we've arrive on our destination and we wore the masks he brought together with the gloves we always carry. There are still officers guarding the house and they immediately let us in. I started my search for some clues. As of I know, the ashes are already delivered to the Prime Minister and they said they'll hold a little funeral and then let the ashes go at Han River. After minutes of searching, everything is pretty much burned to make out a object out of it. So, I signalled Jonghyun that we could stop. 

As soon as we headed out to breathe in fresh air, my eyes roamed around and saw something attached to a post. I went closer and realized it was a CCTV Camera. I almost leaped with joy.

"Jonghyun-ah! Take a look at this!" I called him. He saw the camera and grinned. "I'll ask the officers to give me the footage for the last 24 hours." he said and I nodded. It was a lone camera with atleast 10 meters away from the house. It's kind of far but better than nothing. 

We could see the car that had passed and could run the plates.

I went back to Jonghyun's car and waited for him to finish talking with the officers when I saw something shining a bit through the window. I squinted my eyes to try to see what is it but no luck. I asked for the mask again and wore gloves and went inside again. Carrying the debris that had fallen, a metal like stick with burnts at some side came in to my view. It was a baseball bat made up of steel.

 

Have I told you that I really hate sports?

 

Taemin doesn't do sports. Why is there a bat here? I lifted up and I'm glad that it's not that burnt and melted. I brought it out with me and asked for a big evidence bag.


"There was a bat in there? I didn't noticed it." Jonghyun said, getting the bat from me while I remove my mask.

"It was under the debris that had fallen. I wouldn't noticed it either if it didn't shine through the glass. Anyway, we need to bring this to Kibum to run some prints. Now, do you wanna take a shower first before heading to Oh Sehun? We smell like smoke, really." we both chuckled and headed to his place since it's the closest to our next destination. I have some clothes there anyway and it's same with Jonghyun in my place because in our line of work, sleepovers can't be helped.

 

After being satisfied that we smell and look like detectives, we went to Sehun's place. After a few knocks, he opened the door and we could tell that he's beein grieving considering his eyes are red and swollen.

"Good Morning, Sehun-ssi. I'm Detective Kim Jonghyun and this is Detective Lee Jinki. We're the persons in charge of Lee Taemin's death. I'm sorry for your lost but can we ask a couple of questions?" Jonghyun initiated. He's good with talking to those who are in a situation like Sehun.

"Sure. Uhmm.. come in." he said with a raspy voice. He led us to the living room and there are a lot of pictures of the two of them displayed, saying that they've been friends for a very long time. He offered us some drinks but we refused.

"When was the last time you talk to Taemin-ssi?" Jonghyun usually does all the talking.

"The same day he.." he sniffed, trying his best not to cry.

"If you like, we could just come back when it's alright for you." Jonghyun gave a reassuring smile while I just handed the man the tissue box placed beside the table where I'm sitting. He smiled tiredly at me.

"It's ok." he said and wiped his nose. "We were hanging out before he went home. It was all normal." 

"Did you noticed anything strange? Or did he said anything that he feels like he's been followed or being threatened?" 

"No. Not really. But he usually goes off alone every night. I can't accompany him because I have practice and studies and he said it's ok so.." his lips quivered a bit. 

"Do you have any idea where?" 

"Clubs. It's different every night." 

"I see. Thank you so much, Sehun-ssi. We'll be in contact." Jonghyun handed him his calling card. "Let us know if you need anything and we'll try our best to catch whoever did this to Taemin-ssi." we said our good byes and we went back to the department.

 

"Detective Lee, the tapes of the footage are in your office." Victoria said. I muttered a thank you and Jonghyun and I watched it.You can't really see the house from the camera's view but you can see the cars passing by to get there. As I said, Taemin's house is pretty isolated so only little of vehicles passes by it and there's only one way to get there and to go out from it since there's no other drive way. On the morning, Taemin left the house with his black Vios for work as we deduced. Then goes back at 15:06. After an hour, he goes off somewhere again.

But then at 17:07, a black van passes by. 

"Pause it!" I said. I wrote the plate number on a paper and went out to give it to Victoria. "Run these plates." I said and went back inside my office. I sat down again and Jonghyun was about to play it when I stopped him.

"Look at the van." I said. "Was it raing that day?" I asked. The van is wet with raindrops on the windows and the tire seemes muddy. 

Jonghyun looked up to me from his phone.

"No. It was not raining and it's rather sunny actually." 

"Find all places where it rained that day. We could pinpoint it then." I said. He went out of the office and I continued watching. At 17:18, Taemin is already back. I waited for more minutes and at 17:30, the van passed again with undeniable speed then you could see the smoke creeping to the camera's lense but not really blurring it. 2 men passed by and they were running, the other muttering things to the other. He looks like he's cursing because they were left by the van. I watched more but it's just nothing but flames.

I paused the video on the two faces and asked one of the agents to run a face-search on the both men. Just then, Victoria came in to my office. "Detective Lee, the plates were fake." she said and I sighed in disappointment. Hope had clouded the expectation for it to be fake in my mind. I said thank you to her and I went back on reading Taemin's diary.

02-18-15

Dear Diary,
    I went to this club yesterday and I shouldn't have. There's this girl, I think her name is Naeun or Nayeon or whatever. She just shamelessly grind her (which doesn't even exist cuz it's hard af) to me and I literally screamed! HAHAHAHAHA THE LOOK ON HER FACE HAHAHAHAHAHA she looks so disappointed HAHAHAHA yeah, i'm a sadist i think but only to girls because sshhhh.. i'm gay! HAHAHAHA well more like bi because you will never understand girls.

 

I giggled on Taemin's diary entry. Why is this so cute?
    
    The world is so full of demanding people and they're so greedy sometimes I just want to save the world. I know I'm not a kid anymore but this "save the world" feels won't go away huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu WHHY DIARYY? The politicians are so greedy and they're so corrupted hmp! Seriously, people should gather their s!

 

How old is he again? I asked myself. I didn't realized there was a grin stucked on my face through out the whole entry. I cleared my throat and straighten my position. It seems unprofessional for me to feel something like this. Taemin is dead and I need to find out who killed him. I repeated those words like a mantra. Ignoring the pang of pain I think I felt on my heart.