1. DIARY

Mirage

an: ok, this chapter came faster than I expected. hehe ^^ i don't know why but something possessed me that i write at the second I grab my laptop! And I thank you Snow_-ssi for the posters and covers :). Anyway, please remember JINKI'S POV :) Enjoy~~

 

 

Love at first. A pretty common phrase to start this story, right? I don't believe in that . Because a person falling inlove with only a glimpse of a face is just plainly stupid. It's not love, it's infatuation. When you believe that every part of that person is perfect. Do you know when will it become love? When you have knowledge of all the flaws of that person possess and you still think she or he is perfect.


I believe that you should know that person first before you can truly fall in love because what is there to love when you only saw the face? You cannot love her or his habits, you haven't met that person yet. You can't love the way he or she cooks, you haven't tasted them yet. So what is there to love? The face? Then you are just a fool. What if he or she had gone wrinkly and old? Would you still love him or her?


I've never experienced a love at first sight. But yet, I have fallen inlove without having a glimpse of the person I'm loving. Maybe I should get into details. It all happened that one evening...

 


I heaved a sigh as I sat down on my couch, crossed leg as I ate my cheap dinner with some cartoons playing on the TV. Hey, I could have a little boring time with my too exciting life, right? I track down bad guys and give justice to this suffocating world for a living. I could say I'm one of the best. Not a single case passed through my hands without having it closed. And so, I receive recognition and always called whenever a pretty hard crime is committed. 

I was just about to engulf my beer when my phone rang. I groaned, knowing that they need me back at the station. I stood up and went to my bathroom already.


"Detective Lee." I answered.

"Jinki, this is insane. Head here fast." Jonghyun's voice, my partner, sounded so anxious. 

"Send me the adress. I'll be right over." I brushed my teeth faster than I used to and changed into slacks and a shirt and put a blazers on. As I said, this always happen so in just 5 minutes, I'm already in my car with my badge and gun.


Jonghyun already linked my GPS Navigator to the place I need to be and surprised where it is going. I quickly dialled his number.

"Hey, Jjong. Are you sure you gave me the right address? Why am I heading to the prime minister's house?" I started driving back.

"Because his son is dead."


With those words, I quickly hanged up and stepped my foot on the accelarator, feeling another heavy burdened weighing on my shoulder. Sure they would choose me as to investigate this but.. at this times I wished I wasn't the best detective out there. I mean, the son of the ing prime minister?! One screw up and I might as well say goodbye to everything. 


I drove around the corner and the house came to view but it isn't that beautiful two-storey house anymore. I know it used to be painted green but I can't see the sign of that color anymore. There's a big fire truck on the side and there are still firemen getting in and out of the house. I parked my car just beside Jonghyun's and went out. Flashing my badge to the police officer, I was in and my partner is already approaching me.

"What happened?" I asked, gazing at the now black house and still smokes coming out of the windows.

"The source of the fire is gas leakage through the stove. The maid who's in a day-off said that the pipes we're fixed every week so no accidents could happen so we conclude that someone might have broke in." he briefed me and then passed me gloves and a gas mask.  "Let's go in." he said.


We had to go in with flashlights since all the electric source were cut off. The fire is that worst that some of the furnitures turn into ashes. It must be because that this house is the only house in this area that no one had call it in. I was lead to a room, Jonghyun hand signed me that it's Lee Taemin's. I was guided to the corner where there are caution tapes around. 


And then there was ashes. It wasn't scattered or anything. It was enshaped like a body. It's moist from the water that's used to put down the fire but you can make out the form of the body from it. The fire had consumed him too much, he turned into ashes. Except for the teeth. The teeth is hard to burn so it's still present. 


I felt bad. To die in a way like this is just cruel. I went around the room, to see for clues or whatever that could help me. A box caught my eyes, it seems to be made of metal as a part of it shine through the ashes and debris that covered it. I dusted it off and saw that there's a padlock securing it. I brought it with me after I looked around more but there are nothing I could see that could be used of.


I quickly removed my mask and breathed in the fresh air I've missed even though it was just for a short time. I feel sticky so I removed my blazers, favoring my t-shirt in my hot, lliterally, state.

"Detective Lee." a police officer approached me. "The Prime Minister wants to talk to you." I covered the box with my blazer and followed him. I already saw Jonghyun infront of the laptop so it must be just a conference with the aid of the net.

"Prime Minister Lee Sooman." I announced my presence and Jonghyun moved aside for me. And there I witnessed something that South Korea will never do. The said man is crying, not hiding the fact that he really did love his son. He wiped his tears and cleared his throat before speaking.

"I'm sorry for my state right now. But I really need you to find whoever did this to my son." he said to me. 

"Yes, sir. I'll do my best."

"Thank you, Detective Lee. I entrust everything to you. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask." 


After a few words, we were dismissed and I asked Jonghyun that I will take my work home since it's where I could think the best. We said our goodbye's and I headed to my place with the box sitting on the passenger sit. 


After 30 minutes, I was home. I didn't drive past the speed limit so it took longer than I did a while ago. I went to the kitchen and grabbed the set of tools I need to pick a lock so I wouldn't have to break it. After a few shifts of my fingers, I've already unlocked it.

I wore my gloves first before opening the box. There are a lot of pictures in the box and I quickly recognized Taemin's face. I met him once when I attended a party arranged by the government. We didn't talk because I am nowhere in his place. We're talking about the son of Prime Minister here but we did manage to have a few eye-contacts which didn't hold for as long as a second.

There are cute pictures of Taemin. As of I know, he's a choreographer and owns a studio. There are pictures of him and his crew fooling around, a picture of him stretching or in stage. You can't deny that there's a charming dedicated aura around him on stage and a cute shy boy when he's with his friends. But underneath those pictures is a pen and a brown notebook. 

I opened it and the words 'Property Of Taemin' occupies the center of the first page. 

"A diary.." I muttered. Well, I have to read it just in case something is in here, right? So, forgive me Taemin-ssi for intruding in your privacy. It's for your justice. I stopped a little, praying to the notebook that Taemin won't hunt me for reading it. 

After a few seconds of silence, I opened to the second page.

 

02-22-15
Dear Diary,

    Uhmm.. to be honest, I don't know what possessed me to write in a diary. It seems unmanly and so uncool but yeah, I have no one else to talk to. My bestfriend, Sehun, is always busy in his soccer practice and he's having a game with some team next week. And I, myself, is busy with my studio. SM Entertainment just e-mailed me to choreograph this group's debut song and of course, I'll gladly do it.

 


The first thing I noticed is how clean the penmanship is. It's something you would want to read because it is so neat, it's nice to look at. 

I quickly wrote his bestfriend's name to question him tomorrow. One thing I realized is that the diary had just been in Taemin's hands for 6 months. Taemin could have written something in here that could give me a lead. But of course, I shouldn't just rely in here. I made a mental note to visit the house again before heading to that Sehun guy. i sent it to my secretary, Victoria, so when she wakes up, she could send me the guy's info. I focused my attention to the diary again.


You see, I feel so alone and I don't know why. Maybe because everybody is dating someone and I don't or maybe because this empty house is making me feel so cold or maybe I'm just really alone. ASDFGJKL I don't even understand myself now, diary! Argh it's so frustrating I feel so frustrated I might just as well !

 


That last phrase made me choke on my own spit. I'm so sorry, Taemin-ssi. I quickly closed the notebook and calmed myself down. I don't know why but my cheeks just heated up. And no, I am not imagining Lee Taemin-ssi ! No! NO! OH MY GOD! I put the diary back to the box and left it on the kitchen counter. After grabbing a cold water to calm my nerves, I took a shower to remove the remains of the burnt house that had sticken to my body and NO I DID NOT PLEASE!

I changed into pajamas and laid down on my bed, sprawling my arms and legs out. Taemin seems like a nice person and then he ended up to ashes. The world is a cruel place but then, it's something we have to put up with. I tried to fall into slumber but my mind is running around with theories on what could have happened and the information I know of Taemin. Ah, there's no point of sleeping now. 

I stood up again, heading to my kitchen to open the box to grab the notebook. I brewed some coffee too since I know that I wouldn't get that much sleep again. As soon as my favorite mug is in my hands, I head to my couch and laid down with my legs, stretched and started reading.


KIDDING! I did not know why I wrote that HAHAHAHA! I find myself funny, you know diary. It's sort of fun writing here though it's just like talking to yourself but whatever. The house is cold and lonely again. My dad already named this house under my name so I owned it. At first, I was very happy I actually threw a party BUT by party, I mean me and Sehun drinking beer all night while playing video games. But right now, I really wished there's someone with me other than the maid *pouts*. 


I chuckled on Taemin's cuteness. I didn't imagined him to be this goofy. It's like reading a novel more than investigating his death. I grimaced at the sudden realization. Right, he's already gone and I'm finding out who is the reason behind it. This should be hard as I expected it to be.

 

an: PLEASE DON'T BE DISCOURAGE! REMEMBER THE DESCRIPTION OF TAEMIN IN THE FOREWORD?? Just hold on to the thought that "Good things come to those who wait :)" hehe ^^ AND comments are very much appreciated that Taemin might just comeback to life!