Chapter One

Darkness
Please log in to read the full chapter

Rap Monster sat quietly on the ground appreciating the serenity of what it’s like to be free. With the gentle warmth of the sun surrounding him, he closed his eyes and listened to the birds soaring through the sky, the rustling of the leaves and the sounds of laughter. In the distance stood the most beautiful person he had ever seen in his life. Her whole being seemed angelic as though he had been touched by God, from her white dress to her clear eyes; the only thing missing was that he couldn’t see her face. He wanted to call out to her but he didn’t know her name. He stood up wanting to run after her but as he did so, he looked up to see that the warmth of the sun was gone, there was no blue skies, day had turned into night and in an instant, she was gone.

 

With his world in complete darkness and left to stand there all alone. 

 

Rap Monster woke up suddenly to the sound of hip hop blaring in the background only to realise once again it was just a dream.

 

Sitting in the back of his 7-seater vehicle, he looked to the front and saw J-Hope sitting in the front seat combing his hair, making sure every single strand was in place. Watching J-Hope made Rap Monster remember a time when he asked him why he always combed his hair before they went to an exchange, and to that he replied, “If hits the fan, I just always gotta look good, Boss.” What a character, Rap Monster had thought to himself. 

 

On J-Hope's right side was Suga driving and casually bopping his head to the sound of Momma by Kendrick Lamar on the radio. Smiling at the sight of Suga bopping his head to the music, Rap Monster looked to the right and saw the youngest member Jungkook sitting next to him, who, whenever they travelled together, always made it a habit to check every inch of his gun was functional. Seeing Jungkook do this made Rap Monster feel at ease to know that at least Jungkook's gun was guaranteed to work, if for some reason theirs didn't.

 

Positioned on the left of Rap Monster was V, who always didn't have much to say but seemed content. He nodded his head at Rap Monster when he looked at his direction.

 

"Are you alright, V?" Rap Monster asked.

"I'm good. Why do you ask?" V questioned, smiling at Rap Monster.

"You're just so quiet, that's all," Rap Monster replied, trying to make eye-contact with him.

 

V avoided eye contact with Rap Monster.

 

"Do you

Please log in to read the full chapter