Final

Safe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao has a lot of enemies. Some of them very deadly, but no one has managed to crack his shell. They've never known how to get Tao beg on his knees. Sure, he has friends, but his friends were also strong gangsters as well - they didn't dare bother them.

Once you mess with one of them, you mess with all of them. That's why his enemies are so careful on bringing Tao down to his knees, that they found his treasure.

 

Tao's precious treasure is priceless compared to a diamond, a pearl, gold. His treasure is a person, his love, his dying love. A woman who owns his heart and promised to keep it until the end of the line. Unfortunately, she is near her end.

Tao's love is Nam Jinae, a woman diagnosed with lung cancer. The doctor said she could only live up to five months, but it's her eighth today. Sure, her body wasn't as strong as they used to be, she might not even be able to walk as fast, but Tao loved her just the way she is.

"Jinae," Tao called her name as he sat next to her bed.

Jinae has been released from the hospital, but she was told to rest well, and the doctor will come every week to check on her. She opened her eyes and grasped the hand holding hers, "Tao."

This week's appointment was done, and she was told to rest more, because it's getting worse by the minute.

Tao smiled and stared at her thin body that's growing weaker and smaller every time he visits.

"How was today's appointment?" he asked, kissing her hand.

"It was fine," she replied, "how are you? I haven't seen you in a while."

He smiled apologetically. "yeah, work has been busy but I'm fine. Are you feeling better?"

"Now that I've seen you, much better." She said and tried to get up.

Tao stood up, "Jinae, lie down, you need to rest."

"I've had enough rest." Jinae sat on the edge of the bed and slipped her feet into her slippers, "now, I want to spend time with you."

Tao smiled and hugged her, "okay, but we're not going out, you still need to rest more."

Jinae rolled her eyes but didn't protest, they were going to cuddle either way. They made their way down to the living room and sat together on the couch, side by side, hand in hand.

Tao the TV and wrapped his arm around her tiny figure.

 

"Oh, God, not this again." Woohyun, Jinae's little brother, groaned as he went to the living room and retreated back to the kitchen. "Cuddle somewhere else, please."

Jinae chuckled, "I don't have a TV in my room."

"Well I'm trying to eat my ice cream here," Woohyun said, going back to the living room and sat on the furthest end of the couch.

"That's why you should get a girlfriend," she advised, "being alone isn't fun."

Woohyun rolled his eyes, "whatever."

Tao kissed Jinae's forehead and hugged her closer, smirking when he saw Woohyun shiver.

The movie was about a 16-year-old girl cancer patient who meets a similarly afflicted boy, they share the same love of books, especially Van Houten's. The movie was titled 'The Fault in Our Stars', it is also written as a novel.

Jinae watched intently. The girl in the movie, Hazel Grace, she was determined to climb those stairs in Anne Frank's house, even though she knew very well there were no escalators or elevators, she knew it's risky, but she did it anyway. In the end, it's worth it.

Jinae clenched her jaw. Even though she's older than Hazel Grace, you can say that Hazel Grace is a role-model for her.

She wanted to live, not to die, not when she have people she loves.

So with determination, she decided to go out there and spend the rest of her time with much fun and excitement.

"Tao,"

Tao turned to her, "hmm?"

Jinae held his arm, "let's go outside."

"What?"

She pursed her lips, "I want to go outside, spend time with you outside."

Tao then grinned, "so you want to have some fun? Especially after watching that movie. Ugh, John Green."

"Please? I mean, I really want to have some fun! Make the most of it while I'm still here!" She said.

Tao sighed. He was afraid this day would come, where she decided to have some fun when she's dying. Tao never allowed her to go outside and play or whatever, because he was afraid that one day, because of that date outside, she'll get hurt and he'll lose her sooner.

But then he realized that he shouldn't control her. Let her make the most of it, while she's still here, because when she's not, he's sure he'll regret not doing the things they haven't done.

"Alright, fine." Tao said, "go get changed, I'll wait down here."

Jinae grinned and ran upstairs to go change.

 

Jinae walked down the stairs in a pair of jeans and a sweater. Woohyun smiled when he saw his older sister hopping down the stairs happily.

"Let's go!" Jinae said enthusiastically.

Tao smiled and held her hand, "we'll be back before 6, Woohyun."

"Yeah, sure." Woohyun waved off like he didn't care, coughing on the way.

Jinae closed the door and inhaled the fresh air, "so, where are we going?"

Tao shrugged, "how about we get something to drink? There's a cafe nearby."

She nodded, "sounds good to me."

 

Right behind the bushes in the park across her house, someone smirked in victory.

"We got him," she said, "prepare the dose."

"Yes ma'am," one of her workers reached for a syrigne and a serum bottle. "What are we going to do to her after?"

Her eyes sparkled, "I'm going to have my way with her. I'm going to have some fun."

 

The couple went inside the cafe, they ordered and sat by the window.

"So," Tao started, "I'm guessing you're going to do this all the time, now?"

Jinae blinked, "do what?"

"Have some fun, go outside, run around like a 10 year old?" Tao chuckled.

"I would, rather than having to stay at home and just 'rest'. I was stressed." Jinae said, "this is what I need, a break from all of those things, but in a fun way."

Tao smiled, "I'm glad you're doing this, Jinae."

"So am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter