Chapter 3

A Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The house is pretty much chaotic.

It is saying something even though it is void of any people. That chaotic essence is there in this sweet two storey house.

Over the course of time, Yunho had aced the bar exam, began working with Jihoon and won his first two cases, already making a name for himself. With their combined earnings, Jaejoong and Yunho brought a bigger house in the suburbs. When they just moved in, their parents told them that they should get married.

So between settling in their new home, preparing for their wedding, their jobs and their overexcited parents, it was just chaos.

The past six months have been a whirlwind. The Kim and Jung parents had dropped in when Yunho and Jaejoong were about to move. Believe it or not, it was their first time seeing Changmin in the flesh. They only saw him in Skype and photographs. So now that the young couple were settled, they wanted them to get married while Changmin is still young.

They chose the wedding date for Changmin’s birthday. Six months have passed and tomorrow, Changmin will turn 3 and Yunho and Jaejoong will be officially wedded.

Right now, Jaejoong was in Junsu’s house because of the tradition while Yunho was with Changmin in their house. It was a relaxing evening, as the two males sat on the swings in the backyard. They had some respite while the elders and Yoochun went to check on the last minute preparations.

“Appa….” Yunho hummed asking Changmin to continue, “ish Umma like Juno?”

Yunho sputtered, “Wh-What! How do you know Juno?”

“saw with Chun ajhussi.” Changmin said innocently.

“just what kind of things do you with my son Yoochun!” Yunho growled. His best man was so dead after the wedding. He looked at Changmin, “why are you asking that kiddo?”

“Bekosh….Umma iz baby and Minnie iz baby…..Like Juno!” Changmin nodded at his deduction.

“Umma and I are much older than Juno, baby. So it’s not the same. All you need to know is we are your parents and you are our baby.” Yunho combed Changmin’s stray bangs and smiled wistfully. He and Jaejoong had talked once about Changmin’s birth parents. Both had concluded that they are his parents for all intents and purposes. About his parentage, they will cross that bridge when it comes and hopefully it’s when Changmin is older and more mature.

“Appa….how did Umma and Appa meet?” Changmin asked hoping for a nice story about his parents he can boast about to everyone he sees.

Yunho smiled brightly. This is a story worth telling but not alone. He pulled out his cellphone and dialled Jaejoong’s number.

“hey bridegroom! S’up.” Jaejoong’s laughter echoed on the other end.

“you're on speaker okay.” Yunho informed, “Kim Minnie, to-be-Jung Minnie in 24 hours wants to know how we met.”

Jaejoong’s laughter bellowed making Changmin giggle as well. “are you there baby?”

“Minnie is hele!” Changmin chirped.

“I wonder if you’ll understand much but Appa and Umma met when we were 5 years old.” Jaejoong began.

“You see Min, my parents and Umma’s parents were best friends since they were… I don’t know….13-14 years.”

“since high school actually. They kept in touch after they met at a high school reunion.” Jaejoong said.

“then they took me to their house one day and I met Jaejoong.” Yunho continued.

“hehe~ Your Appa kissed me in the first 10 minutes. He didn’t even know my name yet.”

“Haw! Appaaaa~!” Changmin did an exaggerated shocked face.

“Yah! I tripped and fell face first on your….lips. It was an accident and nothing else.” Yunho said defensively.

“so you're saying you wouldn’t kiss me?” Jaejoong said indignantly.

“Haw! Appaaa~!” Changmin again.

“stop that.” Yunho whispered roughly to Changmin and turned his voice to Jaejoong. “Kiss Smish! Whatever! We were best friends and then dated when we were older. End of story.”

“Oh Come on Yunho! That’s not the whole story. Minnie-yah, we were playing house with all our friends and your Appa got jealous when this person called Yihan wanted to play my husband. So Yunho became my husband after hitting Yihan with a basketball.”

“Haw! Appaaa~!”

“why do you keep saying that?” Yunho scrunched his lips and Changmin made an innocent fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter