Chapter 1

A Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Two beers and a Malibu.” Two beer jugs and cocktail were placed by the tall man. After a thank you by the couple, the bartender went to washing up the glasses. He glanced at his friend who was also tidying up for the night much like the other employees of the restaurant.

It wasn’t uncommon at this time of the night. The restaurant was empty a long time ago while the bar was open longer. Some of the drinking patrons were occupying the dining tables closest to the bars while the rest of the waiting staff cleared the other tables.

“Hey Yunho!” the tall bartender by that name looked at his boss’ husband Jihoon, “I’ll clean-up for you. You clean up the passed out humans there.” He pointed at the three people slumped on the dining tables in a drunken stupor.

“Sure…. Leave the worst job to me.” Yunho deadpanned. Nevertheless, he made his way to them. “Hey, Chun!” He called out to the other bartender, his friend by the name of Yoochun, “call the cab.” Yoochun nodded and called the cab company.

Yunho helped the first patron out and put him in a cab. Before he could get the second guy, two of the mail waiters were already helping the potbellied middle-aged man who was singing obnoxiously. All that was left was the third patron, and to Yunho’s misfortune it was a woman.

He tapped on her shoulder gently trying to make as minimal contact as possible. The girl looked up and immediately flung herself at Yunho. “hellooooo…you’re sho hanshum!” she said in a drunken slur and giggled. She was awkwardly leaned against Yunho’s body while the man’s hand was stretched sideways like he was crucified. He avoids touching unknown women after a possessive boyfriend picked a fight with him few months ago. all he had done that time was hold the lady’s hand and helped her in a cab.

All of a sudden, the woman was pulled away from him. Yunho looked at his saviour and sighed in relief. “Okay Miss~ let Jaejoong help you ne~!” the pretty waitress named Jaejoong singsonged. Another lady, slightly older than her came and held the drunken woman’s hand, “let’s go. Your boyfriend is waiting for you outside.”

“Thanks Hyori noona.” Jaejoong thanked her, the boss of this establishment and the wife of attorney Jung Jihoon. Jaejoong rounded the table and immediately plastered herself on Yunho’s side. “let’s go home~ my legs hurt.”

“told you to wear flats at work.” Yunho’s teasing tone contrasted the gentle kiss on her forehead.

“I would if you weren’t such a giant.” Jaejoong pouted.

“let me just change alright. You want to bring the car out front?” Jaejoong nodded and took the car keys from Yunho before walking out of the restaurant.

Yunho went to the bar where Yoochun was joined by his girlfriend, another waitress named Junsu. “hey guys, you need a lift?” Yunho offered them.

“it’s okay Yunho. I got my car today and Chunnie is driving.” Junsu answered.

“you kids should’ve gone home earlier. Don’t you have classes tomorrow?” Jihoon chided with his wife by his side.

“What’s there to worry about hyung.” Yoochun shrugged, “I got afternoon classes, Su has flexible timings for her music classes, Jae doesn’t need to go to class coz she’s so smart and Yun…well he has you.”

“that reminds me….” Yunho snapped his fingers remembering something, “I want some case histories.” Yunho often took material from Jihoon as he was studying law.

“tomorrow. Now get home. Jaejoong and Junsu shouldn’t be out at this time even if you guys are with them.” Hyori pushed her employees/children out of the front door.

Yunho waved at Yoochun and Junsu as he sat in his car. Jaejoong had decided to drive and being the rash driver she is, she stamped on the accelerator when there was still an inch of a distance between the door and the car. “Boo, how many times must I tell you? Wait till I close the door.”

Jaejoong pat his bicep, still driving, “you're a well-built man. I’m sure a few rolls on the gravel won’t kill you.”

“do you think I’m the Hulk or something!” Yunho huffed.

Jaejoong continued to zip past the non-existent traffic, because it was quite late in the night after all. She would run red lights if Yunho didn’t make her brake. They were nearing their apartment building as they passed by the nearby church. At that point, Jaejoong was looking at the rear-view mirror a lot.

Yunho noticed that and frowned, “Jae, what’s wro-BWUAAAHHH!” Yunho yelled as the car swerved. Jaejoong did a sharp U-turn and drove to the church. She didn’t even bother parking properly or tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter